Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:19

Palace Revolution 2000
I think the very fact that Campbell and Finn are NOT chopped liver makes it all even worse. They all have their own catalog - the Mac catalog, the Heartbreakers, and Split Enz/Crowded House. Why on earth are any of the players doing this damage to their own reputation? Finn looks positively embarrassed on stage.

F-Mac does no exist anymore. That group of people posing as them are an embarrassment

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 16, 2018 04:22

The band has a second band playing behind a screen. They have been doing that for years. It's not really much of a band no matter what male is singing or playing guitar. It may be offensive to LB that a couple of seasoned pros have no problem playing and singing his songs in his place, for a paycheck, but the band is only in it for the money whether it's with him or without him.

He can't claim the high road too much with the reviews his version of the band received for the East/West shows. Mick Fleetwood likely took that into account when trying to reinvent the band he cofounded. Mick probably should have tried that years earlier instead of having placeholder types like Becca Bramlett when key members took leave for years at a time.

Date: December 16, 2018 07:19

marianna
The band has a second band playing behind a screen. They have been doing that for years. It's not really much of a band no matter what male is singing or playing guitar. It may be offensive to LB that a couple of seasoned pros have no problem playing and singing his songs in his place, for a paycheck, but the band is only in it for the money whether it's with him or without him.

He can't claim the high road too much with the reviews his version of the band received for the East/West shows. Mick Fleetwood likely took that into account when trying to reinvent the band he cofounded. Mick probably should have tried that years earlier instead of having placeholder types like Becca Bramlett when key members took leave for years at a time.

it takes 2 guys to replace buckingham. how is that not pathetic? btw the 2 "seasoned pros" play his song but every bit of it is lost. same way jeff beck can easily play every stones song but i won't be fooled that its not keith

Date: December 16, 2018 07:40

That may be true, but the band is getting some good reviews with the new guys. The LA Times critic (Mikael Wood?) thought the band was listless and boring during the East West show in LA. He gave a good review to the reformed Eagles, so it's not like he dislikes classic rock in general. Other reviewers and fans here have mentioned they thought FM was not as good as years past. It could be a subtle thing. Whereas the Times reviewer gave a better review to the new lineup. Some people posting here agree with that. Others do not. But it's probable that it's not just Stevie who was disposed to oust him. It might be better for him to just accept that Mick Fleetwood himself prefers going in another direction instead of taking parting shots after the settlement. The fans know he created that music, just like they knew he wrote and arranged those songs when he left FM of his own accord (or when Nicks sings those songs in her solo shows).

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 16, 2018 07:45

marianna
The band has a second band playing behind a screen.

When I saw them in 2014, Brett Tuggle (keys), Neale Heywood (rhythm guitar) and the backup singers weren't hidden at all. Mick's percussionist/drummer was definitely in the shadows behind him, but everyone else was visible and introduced.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 16, 2018 10:11

I wont see FM without Lindsey.

Date: December 16, 2018 18:51

marianna
That may be true, but the band is getting some good reviews with the new guys. The LA Times critic (Mikael Wood?) thought the band was listless and boring during the East West show in LA. He gave a good review to the reformed Eagles, so it's not like he dislikes classic rock in general. Other reviewers and fans here have mentioned they thought FM was not as good as years past. It could be a subtle thing. Whereas the Times reviewer gave a better review to the new lineup. Some people posting here agree with that. Others do not. But it's probable that it's not just Stevie who was disposed to oust him. It might be better for him to just accept that Mick Fleetwood himself prefers going in another direction instead of taking parting shots after the settlement. The fans know he created that music, just like they knew he wrote and arranged those songs when he left FM of his own accord (or when Nicks sings those songs in her solo shows).

mick fleetwood went in the money direction. go read micks book. he has no issues at all with lindsey and praises him to the hills in his book. he has worked with lindsey tons of times outside of FM and was just on an album last year with lindsey. the band was given a choice by stevie either he goes or i go and mick knows stevie puts butts in the seats. simple as that.

you said "taking parting shots". maybe you've missed all the lies and passive aggressive digs stevie has thrown at lindsey and the fans the last 10 years and now lindsey speaks up and its the wrong thing to do?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 16, 2018 22:30

keefriffhard4life
marianna

mick fleetwood went in the money direction. go read micks book. he has no issues at all with lindsey and praises him to the hills in his book. he has worked with lindsey tons of times outside of FM and was just on an album last year with lindsey. the band was given a choice by stevie either he goes or i go and mick knows stevie puts butts in the seats. simple as that.

you said "taking parting shots". maybe you've missed all the lies and passive aggressive digs stevie has thrown at lindsey and the fans the last 10 years and now lindsey speaks up and its the wrong thing to do?

i think the real issue is that they are all bat poop crazy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-17 01:54 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 16, 2018 23:55

I have to admit, I'm mostly a very casual fan of FM. As in, I enjoy hearing some of the classic songs on radio. I'm also not a fan of Stevie. I've been vaguely aware of that he said/she said thing going all the way back to when they were on the cover of Rolling Stone at the height of their fame. I've been reading and watching this recent story because I like reading about band dynamics and stories, about just about any band.

When Stevie is the way she is, it might be better to take the high road. She speaks for herself and it doesn't always come off that well. Stevie is gonna Stevie.

Date: December 17, 2018 00:12

marianna
I have to admit, I'm mostly a very casual fan of FM. As in, I enjoy hearing some of the classic songs on radio. I'm also not a fan of Stevie. I've been vaguely aware of that he said/she said thing going all the way back to when they were on the cover of Rolling Stone at the height of their fame. I've been reading and watching this recent story because I like reading about band dynamics and stories, about just about any band.

When Stevie is the way she is, it might be better to take the high road. She speaks for herself and it doesn't always come off that well. Stevie is gonna Stevie.

stevie has been holding up projects by the band for years with excuses. always she was busy, no one buys albums anymore, etc. after she got lindsey fired all the sudden her story changed. it was she didn't want to work in the studio with him ever again, which was somewhat clear by her comments if you read between the lines. now she is talking about possibly new material with this lineup. that shows you all the years of "no one buys albums" was a lie to the fans .

btw she has written very little material by herself since the 90's. most of the last few solo albums she has done are old re-worked material or written by others and she finishes the songs so not sure what she was "busy" doing

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 17, 2018 05:45

marianna
Stevie is gonna Stevie.
That is a horrible excuse. And hey, I agreed with her on the new album thing, and a few other points as well. But to let her just control the band is absurd. But hey, I applaud her for recognizing she can. As much as I hate what it does to the band, the schemer in me can appreciate that she sees she's got the rest of them wrapped around her little finger. You go Stevie, but also @#$%& you.

Also, she's only saying the thing about the new album now because its the right thing to say. People will stupidly fall for her line "this lineup can make great music" and give those people hope. Sorry folks, that ain't ever gonna happen. She was correct with her initial thing of "people don't buy albums", now she's just saying what makes good press. The same way the Stones say they're working on an album, Guns N Roses are working on an album. Its never coming, but fans like hope, even if they can't say its obviously bullshit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-17 05:48 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 30, 2018 23:01

Bitter interview.. Don't know if it has been posted..
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 31, 2018 14:08

I used to like FM ...but I just don't care any more.

Stevie Nicks used to be able to sing ...and with a unique intoxicating voice.

She can no longer sing... and she's as mad as a fish.

I'm sure that the various other members of FM still have something they can contribute to music through collaboration ...but the Buckingham & Nicks incarnation of Fleetwood Mac should have been consigned to history years ago.

Maybe Mick & John should audition a few unsung Blues guitar players and go back to their roots ?

Date: January 1, 2019 01:54

Spud
Maybe Mick & John should audition a few unsung Blues guitar players and go back to their roots ?

I think they much prefer making money.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 8, 2019 23:48

Lindsey underwent emergency open heart operation last week.

Instagram link.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 9, 2019 00:19

Sorry about his heart surgery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 00:48 by exhpart.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 9, 2019 00:28

BowieStone

Instagram link.

Wow, very shocking and sad....hoping he makes a full recovery!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 9, 2019 00:31

Hairball
BowieStone

Instagram link.

Wow, very shocking and sad....hoping he makes a full recovery!!!
Wow, I just saw that!
I wonder if he can now sue his former employer for stress?

Date: February 9, 2019 02:09

God I hope he's ok. That would be horrible to have such sudden permanent damage. Love him, I really hope he's ok.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 9, 2019 03:05

Wow, that is really scary, especially knowing that he lost his brother and father in their 40s/50s. You wouldn't look at Lindsey and think he was at risk of heart trouble...just shows how sneaky genetic predispositions can be.

And what a shame that his vocal cords were damaged. Talk about a horrible fate for a musician.

Date: February 9, 2019 06:09

Being fired may have saved his life, if not being on tour meant easier access to care. Hopefully he will mend from the vocal damage, which may be temporary.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: February 9, 2019 06:51

So so true

Posted by: woody ()
Date: February 9, 2019 06:52

Agree and Jeff did a good job, but he ain’t no keith

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 9, 2019 11:54

prayers for a speedy recovery for lindsey

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 15:14

get well soon, Lindsey
[bestclassicbands.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home