Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 12, 2018 15:11

The common denominator in these disgusting touring lineups is Azoff.
FM, Eagles, Steely...
Azoff’s monumental greed and his faith in the sentimental aging concert-goer drives these pathetic traveling freakshows.

From the end of the world to your town...
Just say no.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 12, 2018 20:11

Kurt
The common denominator in these disgusting touring lineups is Azoff.
FM, Eagles, Steely...
Azoff’s monumental greed and his faith in the sentimental aging concert-goer drives these pathetic traveling freakshows.

From the end of the world to your town...
Just say no.

I've been saying that for awhile. People still go and I get why although I wish they wouldn't. All I can do is stand my ground.

As for this issue, it really is all sad with Mac. Stevie is clearly the evil one here (for seemingly no reason all of a sudden) and what saddens me most is how much I disagree with her now but completely supported her a couple years ago with her comments:

“I don’t think there’s any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn’t going to sell,” Nicks told Rolling Stone last year. “What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isn’t all that much fun.”

She's absolutely right and I don't question a second of that motive. I also get Buckingham wanting more, but in the end that is why he has his solo band and can do the stuff like he did with Christine. No one was stopping him and it filled the outlet. Sad they couldn't all get on the same page and Buckingham definitely deserves money for the surprise firing and the fact that he actually bent over and did put his stuff on hold only to get screwed in the end anyway.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 13, 2018 02:24

I certainly did not want to hear with my already impatient ears Ms. Nick’s MusiCares speech (and I would lose my mind @ a concert if she droned)
but I went to the website and saw
Tom Petty 2017 MusiCare speech
humble heartfelt
he was a good one RIP
we certainly don’t need Stevie to tell us over and over
and I still think her jumping on for Taylor Swift’s success said it all
Sorry for the Fleetwood Mac fans—

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-13 02:24 by 35love.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2018 05:57

oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 13, 2018 06:43

crholmstrom
oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

Fleetwood Mac 'Oh Well'- Studio Version & HQ.FX 1969
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 13, 2018 06:50

crholmstrom
oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

oh well.....

[youtu.be]

(Mike's old band)

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 13, 2018 07:03

I was on the fence about going, I’m not a fan of the post green fleet wood Mac, but I’ll go now I know they’re doing oh well. I’ve seen them before and they were great, you know all the songs and are definitely a band to see once. Or twice it now appears. But i wouldn’t listen to the post green stuff at home.

Date: October 13, 2018 07:08

Paddy
I was on the fence about going, I’m not a fan of the post green fleet wood Mac, but I’ll go now I know they’re doing oh well. I’ve seen them before and they were great, you know all the songs and are definitely a band to see once. Or twice it now appears. But i wouldn’t listen to the post green stuff at home.

You are going for 1 song, the one without Stevie Nicks? winking smiley

Date: October 13, 2018 07:20

Fleetwood Mac have done Oh Well with Lindsey before so its not that surprising that returned. I personally wouldn't think thats worth the price of a ticket.

Jah Paul
crholmstrom
oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

oh well.....

[youtu.be]

(Mike's old band)

Damn I LOVE the way Petty did that song. He knew how to milk that song just right.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2018 10:07

Paddy

Also doing Black Magic Woman & Hypnotized. Mike lets it rip on Black Magic Woman, too.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 13, 2018 13:00

crholmstrom
oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

Hmmm.

Date: October 13, 2018 19:35

35love
Paddy

You are going for 1 song, the one without Stevie Nicks? winking smiley

Like I said, all the set is enjoyable. I went to see Stevie Nicks last year I think it was and left after the support act (the pretenders) I would stay for a full fleetwood Mac show, but not the same show I saw previously.

Date: October 13, 2018 21:55

I’m going to point something out
(It’s a RS board after all)
Mick Jagger learns the foreign language of the country he is performing in,
current local info for snappy witty communication
FOR THE CROWD
#1 FRONTMAN (and woman) OF ALL TIME

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 14, 2018 01:08

Jah Paul
crholmstrom
oh well.....

[www.youtube.com]

oh well.....

[youtu.be]

(Mike's old band)

The Rockets...
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 14, 2018 01:36

Always funny to see rich rock stars suing other rich rock stars because they're not getting as rich as the other rich rock stars.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 14, 2018 01:42

just told my kids to get on with their homework courtesy of the real Fleetwood Mac

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 14, 2018 01:53

Why not fire the entire band? They wrote a lot of good songs, however, I can live without them.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 14, 2018 02:54

ash
just told my kids to get on with their homework courtesy of the real Fleetwood Mac

[www.youtube.com]

This was the real good deal.....the New Fleedwood Mac would have been a better option...........

Date: October 14, 2018 03:38

NICOS
ash

[www.youtube.com]

This was the real good deal.....the New Fleedwood Mac would have been a better option...........

This indeed was the real deal...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 14, 2018 04:06

Paddy
NICOS
ash

[www.youtube.com]

Real deal indeed.
Although the song has better versions cool smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2018 04:30

MisterDDDD
Paddy
NICOS
ash

[www.youtube.com]

Real deal indeed.
Although the song has better versions cool smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Both great covers posted above (that Peter Green/FM version is intense!), but hard to beat the original Otis Rush version from '62 or even his remake in '94...

Otis Rush - Homework, 1962

Otis Rush - Homework. 1994

RIP Otis!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 15, 2018 03:21

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

[people.com]

Buckingham now has a lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for his firing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 03:32 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 15, 2018 04:07

Hopefully, Nicks gets booed, or at least someone pulls out a "Shame On You Stevie" sign and she goes into a cataclysmic meltdown.

Date: October 15, 2018 07:05

Javadave
Hopefully, Nicks gets booed, or at least someone pulls out a "Shame On You Stevie" sign and she goes into a cataclysmic meltdown.

That'll never happen. They are only getting away with the tour because a majority of stupid people truly only care about Stevie Nicks in the band. She could shoot someone on 6th Ave and people would still go to the shows. Why? I have no idea. But good for her, I don't wish her any ill will or anything. But I do think what she's doing is wrong and its not how I'd handle it. But clearly she knows the audience will accept just her and as wrong as I think it is, I have to admire her exerting so much power over stupid people. Strike while the iron is hot.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 15, 2018 08:27

Reading The Ledge FM message board, I got the idea that most of Stevie's own (mostly female) fans hate have a condescending attitude about her. While at the same time envying her (which amplifies the condescension). I almost feel sorry for her if she happens to read that board or is aware of what some of her fans say about her on the internet. I don't think they'd boo her, though.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 16, 2018 04:01

More Hot Rocks
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

[people.com]

Buckingham now has a lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for his firing

14 Million? Wow!

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: October 17, 2018 02:31

Wait, is Peter Green coming back???

Date: October 17, 2018 05:01

misterfrias
Wait, is Peter Green coming back???
Original Fleetwood Mac playing shows again. Buy tickets now.

Date: October 17, 2018 15:40

Saw some clips of the new line up, and IMO it doesn't work. A huge part in seeing FM was watching Lindsey and Stevie out front. Even though it's all hype and most of it probably crap - you still get to watch them interact, and the love saga continues. And - they are mostly Lindsey and Stevie's songs or productions.
so, Campbell is great. he has a past with Stevie, is always a top top guitarist, all round aces guy.
But Neil Finn never had much personality to begin with. He is stepping into these songs that are so imprinted with the story of the writer and that band. Watching him singing it completely comes off as a copy/cover band.

Date: October 17, 2018 16:15

The band is lucky, to get to back Neil.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home