Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: OT:Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 25, 2018 10:27

marianna
I've been reading a couple of threads on "The Ledge" Mac message board. There are some references there to Lindsey being dropped by Irving, but no one seems to know the timing of that.

I confess to not being much of a Fleetwood fan, but some of their music is okay. I prefer their pre-Buckingham/Nicks music.

My very close source tells me that things blew up over a setlist change at the MusicCares/City of Hope benefit. As musical director, Lindsey threw a fit and said, it’s me or her and, well, it was her, and Irving dropped him and is apparently now working on behalf of the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-26 03:05 by TeddyB1018.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 25, 2018 13:30

I saw an add in a local paper that says Lindsey is doing a show in June in DC with Christine Mc Vie.
Rockandroll,
Mops.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2018 13:59

Likely an old ad. They played Wolf Trap last June.

Also nothing on their site.

[buckinghammcvie.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 25, 2018 17:02

tour dates & more!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: April 25, 2018 18:52

crholmstrom
tour dates & more!

[www.rollingstone.com]

yet she held up numerous FM tours and albums over the years

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 25, 2018 20:17

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
tour dates & more!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Yeah, I know! I don't mean it in a "who is she to talk" kind of way (cause hey, she's one of the two main faces and basically the KNOWN face of the band) but Stevie saying "I just got done I want to go back out with Mac" when she was the reason we didn't get a FM album and got a Buckingham/McVie tour, as well as having her own ground rules to "do FM every 3 years to keep it refreshing." I don't necessarily disagree with that notion, but to make any comments about anyone holding things up is the pot calling the kettle black. 90% of the time she calls the shots so this seems strange.

Also her comment about "since 1975 we haven't been able to play other FM stuff". Who's fault is that? I refuse to believe thats only Buckingham, mainly cause he can do those songs really well and has expressed admiration for them. This is the first I've heard her bring it up. So if anyone was holding back that stuff I assumed it was her and still do, cause it gives her literally zero to do. Probably meant more as an enticing things to fan than a dig but I took it both ways. Something about the whole breakup seems off that they're avoiding saying.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 25, 2018 20:41

Funny how she mentions how she wants the next 10 years of her life to be "really fun and happy"...which apparently means not having Lindsey around. She wasn't going to leave the band, so it appears she led the effort to oust him.

And I don't buy the story about Lindsey wanting to wait until November 2019...he was talking about the upcoming tour earlier this year, even saying he was looking forward to more FM tours in the future after this one.

Date: April 25, 2018 21:21

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
tour dates & more!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Yeah, I know! I don't mean it in a "who is she to talk" kind of way (cause hey, she's one of the two main faces and basically the KNOWN face of the band) but Stevie saying "I just got done I want to go back out with Mac" when she was the reason we didn't get a FM album and got a Buckingham/McVie tour, as well as having her own ground rules to "do FM every 3 years to keep it refreshing." I don't necessarily disagree with that notion, but to make any comments about anyone holding things up is the pot calling the kettle black. 90% of the time she calls the shots so this seems strange.

Also her comment about "since 1975 we haven't been able to play other FM stuff". Who's fault is that? I refuse to believe thats only Buckingham, mainly cause he can do those songs really well and has expressed admiration for them. This is the first I've heard her bring it up. So if anyone was holding back that stuff I assumed it was her and still do, cause it gives her literally zero to do. Probably meant more as an enticing things to fan than a dig but I took it both ways. Something about the whole breakup seems off that they're avoiding saying.

Buckingham was the one who had them playing "oh well" and when they did it more recently nicks left the stage altogether so not sure what she is babbling about at all. I thought part of the recent dust up had to do with her not willing to change the setlist

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 26, 2018 00:29

I'm still waiting for documentation of Stevie's personal assistant blowing coke up her ass (which is now incredibly huge).eye popping smiley

Date: April 26, 2018 01:40

Bungo
I'm still waiting for documentation of Stevie's personal assistant blowing coke up her ass (which is now incredibly huge).eye popping smiley

hey now, nothing wrong with a big booty

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 26, 2018 03:58

How disgusting is it for tour promoters to announce shows (in this instance) in Buffalo in March of 2019 and expect people to buy tickets this Saturday for a show in a YEAR from now.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 06:17

In the CBS feature aired this morning, Anthony Mason mentions that a second lead singer (other than Neil Finn) was auditioned for the role. Has anyone heard who that might’ve been?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 26, 2018 08:32

Does anybody else here think that this is somehow all a bit confusing? I am sure that Neil Finn and neither Mike Campbell do not need the cash from this. Both men have had prior and admiral careers with their respective bands (Split Enz/Crowded House/TP & The Heartbeakers). I get the connection with Campbell and Nicks - Tom Petty once calling Nicks an honorary Heatbreaker. Mick Fleetwood saying that they have always been a band of endless members, OK, get that too. Also I admire that Lindsey now enjoys a stable family life versus touring. Anyway, his being “fired” was not a kind statement, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-26 08:39 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 19:22

Top ticket price for the Chicago United Center show is $299.50, on the 2015 tour the top price was around $200. They kick Lindsey out and then jack up the prices? It's all pretty sad if you ask me, what a way to end the legacy.

Date: April 28, 2018 20:54

mnewman505
Top ticket price for the Chicago United Center show is $299.50, on the 2015 tour the top price was around $200. They kick Lindsey out and then jack up the prices? It's all pretty sad if you ask me, what a way to end the legacy.
Eh, thats more a factor of the system than the band. Its not like anyone charges LESS for their next tour. $150 top ticket price has now basically become $280. And unfortunately a lot of people just buy those tickets, so it becomes the standard.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 1, 2018 01:59

I was looking at presales today and noticed seats and sections changing price as I browsed along. I saw a section of seats for $99, then when I went back a minute or 2 later, it changed to $179. Don't think I hallucinated it - I've heard ticket prices change in real time according to perceived demand.

I've also seen different prices for multiple nights in the same city.Eg. Some sections for a Sunday show would be cheaper than for Saturday, especially if it was added at a later date.

Date: May 4, 2018 12:37

i got some awesome seats for tacoma, wa on a venue presale. 14 rows off floor, 1 section from stage. not counting the VIP tix, prices topped out at $199 here. i'm going because neil finn has been a favorite artist for 35 years. i never miss him playing in town. i think this lineup is going to blow people away when they here it. excited about the talk of "rattlesnake shake" etc. long way off (november).

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2018 15:45

Seeing the ads on local TV here in Chicago are very weird with Lindsey erased from the videos.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 4, 2018 16:06

First Irving Azoff recreates 'Steely Dan' then the 'Eagles' and now 'Fleetwood Mac' for $$$.

Brands...not Bands.

thumbs downsad smileythumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-04 16:31 by Kurt.

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: May 4, 2018 17:14

The tour deserves to flop. Buckingham has saved them so many times including helping save Fleetwood from bankruptcy in the late 80s by rejoining the classic lineup and giving over songs to the band that were meant for solo albums because they had no other worthwhile material to use. Neil Finn's a decent enough songwriter but just an average musician IMHO, while Mike Campbell is a great player but has a totally different style to Lindsey.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 4, 2018 17:28

I love Mike Campbell's playing.

It might add new energy and a "twist" to Mac's show.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 4, 2018 19:46

Kurt
First Irving Azoff recreates 'Steely Dan' then the 'Eagles' and now 'Fleetwood Mac' for $$$.

Brands...not Bands.

thumbs downsad smileythumbs down

That's funny. All too true. I'm guessing that the younger attendees don't care about the line-up details. They just want to see (insert band name here) while it's still possible and hear "those" songs done "live" by someone who was in the original band. I'll pass.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2018 20:00

I received a presale code email the other day and instantly deleted it without even opening it.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2018 20:03

Hairball
I received a presale code email the other day and instantly deleted it without even opening it.

Me too!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 5, 2018 03:56

They only sold about 30% of seats in my city so far. There's even still cheap seats in the uppers. Last time they did 2 sold out shows.
Methinks prices will come down. Nobody's paying $230+fees for rear arena seats, or $180+fees for prime uppers.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 6, 2018 23:01

I have been listening to channel 30 on sirius/xm radio a lot ; it is dedicated to Fleetwood Mc's music. Great music but very depressing, gloomy and dark. Lindsey was different, more uplifting more rock.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: May 7, 2018 23:41

i could totally see fleetwood mac doing this one

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: May 8, 2018 00:26

I like Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but I think I will pass on this incarnation this time around, I'm glad I got to see them a few years back when Christine re-joined....

Date: May 8, 2018 01:31

BamaStone
I like Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, but I think I will pass on this incarnation this time around, I'm glad I got to see them a few years back when Christine re-joined....

I think everyone that saw them last tour is very thankful they did. Who'd have ever thought once they finally get that Rumours lineup back they would then only do one tour? I guess its always possible it happens again but clock's a ticking, and being committed to this now, then Stevie liking to take breaks from Fleetwood Mac, and then with them being pretty old, who the hell knows.

I'm not bitter about what they're doing. I truly couldn't care less. I don't really care about what it does for any of them financially (I'm not gonna be upset they dump Lindsey but still hope they make a ton of money) although I hope its nice financially and personally for Campbell, just cause his whole world basically got stopped in its tracks far too early, so for him I hope the tour is fulfilling his possible loose end desires. The rest, couldn't really care less about. I don't actively hope it fails but I've been down on bands doing stuff like this for awhile and then fans just eating it up. I'd like to finally see a line.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 12, 2018 20:04

Lindsey comments....

[www.tmz.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home