Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17
OT: Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 9, 2018 23:53

April fools, a bit late though?

For me it's over then. He's 90% of what I adore in Fleetwood Mac.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-07 10:50 by BowieStone.

Re: OT:Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:02

BowieStone

I think I've seen Fleetwood Mac for the last time.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:07

BowieStone

How do you fire him, he is the soul of the band, its a bit like firing Keith Richards.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:11

I always considered Christine the "soul" of that band. Lindsey is a Diva on steroids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 00:11 by Bungo.

Date: April 10, 2018 00:13

Bungo
I always considered Christine the "soul" of that band. Lindsey is a Diva on steroids.

lindsey arranges all of the songs, produces the albums, put his own solo albums on hold several times to help FM.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:20

Wow wtf- not a good thing. Yes they did it without him in the past, but it was probably/defnitely the lowest point of the band.

Glad I saw them twice back in 2015/16! Christine McVie was back and it was a phenomenal show - Lyndesy Buckingham was definitely the leader never leaving the stage once for a break (as the others did) and his guitar playing skills were amazing.

Takes two guitar players to replace him, but even then it's going to be diluted.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:29

BluzDude
BowieStone

I think I've seen Fleetwood Mac for the last time.

Me too. It's 1987 all over again...except then they had years ahead of them to reunite. Glad I saw them in 2014.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:35

Yes - echo the thoughts from people here. Crazy decision. Saw them live a couple of years ago and thought it was a great show but thought he was the star act. Strange strange world!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:40

Oh Well

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:43

This just blew my mind, the guy is 68 now and better than ever, just watch the end of this , wow, what a showman, pity they couldn't settle their differences, i love the whole band.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 10, 2018 00:47

No new album, then?

Date: April 10, 2018 00:51

Deltics
Oh Well

The real FM thumbs up

Date: April 10, 2018 00:53

keithsman
This just blew my mind, the guy is 68 now and better than ever, just watch the end of this , wow, what a showman, pity they couldn't settle their differences, i love the whole band.
[www.youtube.com]

thats from around 15 years ago. here is a bit more recent

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:00

Ridiculous. And they keep Stevie? Listening to her yap about her silly shawl for 5 minutes during a solo show put me in a coma.

Date: April 10, 2018 01:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Ridiculous. And they keep Stevie? Listening to her yap about her silly shawl for 5 minutes during a solo show put me in a coma.

nicks has shown FM is her second gig now while lindsey has put his other projects on hold to help FM and now he gets the shaft because nicks is a bigger draw name wise

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:10

bring back the REAL Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer!

I can dream can't I?

LB has been in and out of the band so what? they are not making any great new music. The are an oldies act.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:13

dadrob
they are not making any great new music. The are an oldies act.

Leave the Stones out of this!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:14

Wow, totally ridiculous ! If anyone was going to be fired it was Stevie when she refused to record a new album last year because it wasn't going to net her enough money, what an artist, eh, especially when she's already got more than she'll ever be able to spend.

Who outvoted him and what was the disagreement about ? Surely Christine McVie can't be approving of this, maybe she didn't have a say if they didn't bring her back as a full partner when she came back. I see her leaving again in the near future...One thing is certain, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie have no shame, where would they be without him !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 01:19 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:17

Saw that link as well, but it doesn’t say *why*. Or did I miss something?

Date: April 10, 2018 01:32

Koen

"...after a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour" - but, you are correct, no specific details given.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:41

Jah Paul
Koen

"...after a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour" - but, you are correct, no specific details given.

Was Lindsey Buckingham Fired From Fleetwood Mac or Not? A Source Weighs In …

[variety.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 10, 2018 01:49

"You will never break the chain" yeah....right

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:03

Fired just before a huge summer tour?! I have to think that this dispute was over money. That Lindsey Buckingham was not going to be paid his fair and equal share. Perhaps he is paid by the tour and by the album and does not share equally in the tour's profits. At this point whoever sings the most oldie songs during concert are the most important members. They draw in the nostalgic crowds. LBuckingham does not have this but Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie do.

Let me guess that Stevie Nicks is going to be paid more for this tour (as in higher points profit participation) than Lindsey Buckingham and he objected/ GLAD to hear Mike Campbell won't be sitting around twiddling his thumbs this summer. lulz

Date: April 10, 2018 02:05

Deltics
Was Lindsey Buckingham Fired From Fleetwood Mac or Not? A Source Weighs In …

[variety.com]

From the article...

"The other four bandmembers — Nicks, McVie, bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood — were eager and ready to tour, and after failing to obtain a commitment from Buckingham, told him they were proceeding with plans to tour without him."

Déjà vu for a 'Mac fan...1987 all over again.

Date: April 10, 2018 02:12

triceratops
At this point whoever sings the most oldie songs during concert are the most important members. They draw in the nostalgic crowds. LBuckingham does not have this but Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie do.

I checked the 24-song setlist from the 2014/15 tour, and it was essentially one-third (about 8 songs) for each of the three singers/songwriters. You're probably right about the money, though.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:14

SomeTorontoGirl

She seems quite full of herself. I remember when Taylor Swift won grammy’s in her beginning career with her own song writing, guitar, singing,
who comes up on top of her to jump on, Stevie, oh she is just like me, I was and am this genius talent who paved her way- (spare me)
And when she talks about Tom Petty/ oh such a big deal she was, blah blah blah.
(I am feeling witchy again)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 02:34 by 35love.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:19

I just read a bio on Stevie Nicks -- clearly there is still bad blood there as well as their history. But Nicks is the commercial hook for the band and from what I understand got a bigger piece of the pie in recent years. For me, I'm a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan -- love his solo stuff. Some bad behavior in the druggy days, a big ego I'm sure, but the music and playing are awesome.

Date: April 10, 2018 03:06

35love
SomeTorontoGirl

She seems quite full of herself. I remember when Taylor Swift won grammy’s in her beginning career with her own song writing, guitar, singing,
who comes up on top of her to jump on, Stevie, oh she is just like me, I was and am this genius talent who paved her way- (spare me)
And when she talks about Tom Petty/ oh such a big deal she was, blah blah blah.
(I am feeling witchy again)

When Linda Ronstadt was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2014 (she didn't attend because of her illness), Stevie went on and on during the ceremony about how she looked up to Linda "when I was young" and always admired her, etc. etc. - from the way she was telling it, you would think Ronstadt was several years older...perhaps even part of another generation, musically speaking. Linda was born in 1946...Stevie in 1948.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 10, 2018 03:13

All true, but Stevie used to pay a personal assistant to blow coke up her ass. Can Buckingham and McVie claim that? I don't think so. The Gold Dust Woman has earned her keep.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2018 03:15

.....is there any footage of that Bill .... ?????

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home