Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stu speaks
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 7, 2018 16:38

Found this on Youtube had not seen before
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Stu speaks
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 7, 2018 16:53

Thanks.jeroen

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 7, 2018 17:53

Fascinating. Thanks.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 7, 2018 18:10

I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 7, 2018 18:41

Well whoever it is he's using the same avatar as Deltics.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 8, 2018 00:05

Deltics
I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

Great job Deltics....thanks............I can't remember I ever heard Stu speaking by the way where is Stu from region?......

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 8, 2018 00:18

NICOS
Deltics
I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

Great job Deltics....thanks............I can't remember I ever heard Stu speaking by the way where is Stu from region?......

He’s a Scot from Pittenweem in South Fife but he moved South to London with his parents at 4 years old and his accent is more typical of there.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 8, 2018 00:28

grzegorz67
NICOS
Deltics
I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

He’s a Scot from Pittenweem in South Fife but he moved South to London with his parents at 4 years old and his accent is more typical of there.

He was the Laird of Pittenweem!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 8, 2018 02:06

Always good to hear Stu, not least when accompanied by the gravel voice of Alexis.

As clearly stated, it's from the "Rolling Stones Story" - a truly great historic series from the BBC.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 8, 2018 03:56

Great to ear him speak well of Brian. Not even bitter when talking about Andrew.
He sounded like a good guy, no bullshit.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 8, 2018 09:40

Deltics

Thank you for reposting this pic, probably my favorite Rolling Stones pic ever. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 8, 2018 16:50

Deltics
grzegorz67
NICOS
Deltics
I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

Yes he was !! and will never be forgotten - Anyone coming over for the Edinburgh show and has a few hours to spare a drive over to Fife from Edinburgh the East Coast of Fife is a beautiful part of Scotland - Pittenweem - Saint Monans - Crail - Anstruther [The best Fish n Chips in the U.K. ''Seek and Ye Shalle Finde '' You won't be disappointed.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 9, 2018 07:11

rollmops
Great to ear him speak well of Brian. Not even bitter when talking about Andrew.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Agreed. Sounded like a really nice man.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 9, 2018 09:49

RollingFreak
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Agreed. Sounded like a really nice man.

When you listen to older interview of Keith, Mick, Charlie, Bill and even Ronnie, Ian was a no-nonsence person and ourspoken. One can weight his words as 100% historically valid. He says how it was. He may not have liked Brian, but he judged him in this interview correctly. Brian started as a master teacher with two master students, Keith and Mick cool smiley
When Keith says "we are Ian's band" he is correct too, because after Brian, Ian's input with Mick Taylor and his outspoken likes of Ronnie, has put its marks on what the Stones became about over the past 50 to 51 years.
Thanks Ian!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:53

grzegorz67
NICOS
Deltics
I wonder who posted it?
winking smiley

Thanks....

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: April 10, 2018 05:56

Great interview. I like how he pointed out that he never got any credit in the band. He speaks good about Brian. He always did speak highly of his guitar playing. I would have never guessed that he was that soft spoken.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 10, 2018 12:04

ovalvox
Great interview. I like how he pointed out that he never got any credit in the band. He speaks good about Brian. He always did speak highly of his guitar playing. I would have never guessed that he was that soft spoken.

Yes, he speaks well of Brian's musical talents. As a person however he had no time for him at all. But then Brian's wayward behaviour would have stretched most peoples patience to the limit.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 11, 2018 07:45

Ah, but he does reintroduce Bill's narrative that Brian started the band, and not those two who met up on the train, one of them with albums under his arms.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 11, 2018 18:21

i don't think anyone thinks Mick and Keith started the band...
the Brian/Ian narrative is the only ever espoused by the band or their biographers.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 12, 2018 00:47

HalfNanker
i don't think anyone thinks Mick and Keith started the band...
the Brian/Ian narrative is the only ever espoused by the band or their biographers.

If Only.

There's a total <many expletives deleted> elected council official in Dartford called Mr Kite who is/was responsible for the false wording of a plaque on the station there who totally refuses to change it - even though funds were found to make it no cost to the "public purse".

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 12, 2018 04:00

Too the interview cut off just when he was starting to talk about Mick Taylor.

plexi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home