Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question regarding canceling a concert
Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: April 7, 2018 12:14

Hello fellow stones fans,

I booked an concert to the rolling stones in London, but I am no longer able to attend cause one of my parents that was going to join got ill.

I cannot reverse the transaction through my creditcard company anymore, and AXS states that they do no refund final transactions. I've contacted them but not received a reply, and my mail states I only receive the tickets a few days before the date itself. Would it still be possible to resell these tickets or does someone have any other suggestion?

Cheers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 12:15 by HaroldJustin.

Re: Question regarding canceling a concert
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 7, 2018 12:56

Attempt to have delivery method changed to "Collect at Box Office" (the Will Call Window). Sell the ticket and provide to whomever you sell the ticket a notarized Special Power of Attorney document for collecting the ticket on your behalf. On the other hand, you could ask AXS to issue a credit to you in the amount of the ticket price instead of a refund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 12:57 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 7, 2018 13:40

HaroldJustin

I've contacted them but not received a reply, and my mail states I only receive the tickets a few days before the date itself.

Looks like it's a UK-specific issue: while Eventim Germany sends out the Tickets immediately after the purchase, I remember that I hadn't received my Tickets for Hyde Park #2 from Ticketmaster UK not before 3rd July 2013.

There're Ticket-insurances - but it depends on their conditions ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 14:44 by Irix.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 7, 2018 16:28

Couldn't you change it to e-ticket, download, sell and send the downloaded tix to the buyer by email?

Date: April 7, 2018 23:56

I did have e-tickets, but in their purchase mail they wrote they will sent the e-tickets only a few days up front.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2018 00:39

HaroldJustin
I did have e-tickets, but in their purchase mail they wrote they will sent the e-tickets only a few days up front.

Not sure where you are looking to sell the extra, but with online brokers like stub-hub, you can list the ticket with a variety of different shipping options.

As of now, because most e-tickets haven't been issued, many are listing with a receive by date of the day before the concert- to be shipped via UPS etc.
As it gets closer, and e-tix start getting delivered,(I already have mine for Edinburgh) you can list with the immediate download option.

Have you listed here in the All Sold Out forum? [iorr.org]
If its a good seat/price, its a good option.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 8, 2018 00:55

You can use Ticketswap to sell your e-tickets ,
Once your tickets arrive in your mailbox

[www.ticketswap.uk]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 8, 2018 22:44

If they are e-tickets you can put on stubhub or viagogo and upload once received.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 9, 2018 00:14

And this is why I still say that resale sites are not necessarily evil. Some people use them to gouge others on prices, true, but they're invaluable for people who are unable to attend a show and are just looking to recoup their losses (I'm in that position myself right now).

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 9, 2018 00:51

These sites are evil as they are mostly selling up marked tickets that were never available to fans.
If they were genuine the resale tickets should limit the seller to 10 or 20 % profit + fees.

I wish Eventim was the main ticket seller in the UK as any tickets I have purchased from them have been dispatched almost immediately and that`s for UK concerts as well as in europe.
(+ they usually have a seat plan where you pick seats and also dont care if you want a single ticket in the front where as TicketBastard makes you buy 2 and so do most of the so called fan resale sites).

Ticketbastard and AX on the other hand are a joke and grab your money then hang on to the tickets until the last minute with absolutely no communication if or when they are dispatched,First you know is they come through the door.
Considering the rediclous % related booking fee and postage/collection fee they are pure ripping the piss out of people.
Rant over spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 23, 2018 23:51

Excuse me for the belated response. I've tried to contact axs but they told me there has to be some emergency reason behind being able to refund the tickets...ugh.

I have yet to receive those tickets and the days are ticking, anyone any more ideas or people that have recieved their tickets for London on the 25th?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 24, 2018 00:36

List your ticket here at IORR, "All Sold Out" section, as mentioned above.

TE
Oslo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home