Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Worst picture of Mick. Ever.
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: April 3, 2018 03:49

Re: Worst picture of Mick. Ever.
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2018 08:59

Similar expressions:

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 3, 2018 10:08

Maybe the last one has been taken during a football (soccer) game, when the team supported by Mick was defeated...

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 3, 2018 10:40

He went to see England but England lost.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 3, 2018 10:54

The look of Mick in the first three pics above, there's that look of Lucifer in SFTD, its who his persona become over the years, that innocent young Mick is long gone, lost forever. Money and fame leave there mark, i'm not saying money and fame change everyone, i mean look at Charlie, but to some extent i think Mick has lost who he was as a person, this Peter Pan complex as Keith put it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth, i hope Mick is happy, but all this nonsense with dating young women is a bit sad.
He gets described as a nice bunch of people, and we as fans love them all, he fits right in with the lyrics to his songs, we will never know which Mick is the real one, and he might not even know himself after all these years.
He comes across as almost super human when you think about it. Tour after tour without so much as a slip or a twisted ankle, whatever Mick is channeling from the dark side it seems to be working for him, Rock on you old devil. smoking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 3, 2018 11:04

punkfloyd

Cocaine is one helluva drug.

Date: April 3, 2018 11:12

Redhotcarpet
punkfloyd

Cocaine is one helluva drug.

Yes and it makes one sweat a lot winking smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 11:27

So does jogging and prancing around for 2,5 hours. That pic is from 1982 - not from 1975 grinning smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 11:33

DandelionPowderman
So does jogging and prancing around for 2,5 hours. That pic is from 1982 - not from 1975 grinning smiley

He doesn't sweat much post coke use, from 89' up until now he hardly ever sweats, ok of course he does in South America because its damn hot, but as a Stones fan you must have heard the rumours he used coke in 81' 82' tourwinking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2018 11:34

He comes across as almost super human when you think about it.
Tour after tour without so much as a slip or a twisted ankle, whatever
Mick is channeling from the dark side it seems to be working for him,
Rock on you old devil.
smoking smiley

I fink it's called being a professional

ROCKMAN

Date: April 3, 2018 11:37

Rockman
He comes across as almost super human when you think about it.
Tour after tour without so much as a slip or a twisted ankle, whatever
Mick is channeling from the dark side it seems to be working for him,
Rock on you old devil.
smoking smiley

I fink it's called being a professional

Well we gotta add a bit of drama, dis is da Stones smoking smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 11:47

keithsman
DandelionPowderman

He doesn't sweat much post coke use, from 89' up until now he hardly ever sweats, ok of course he does in South America because its damn hot, but as a Stones fan you must have heard the rumours he used coke in 81' 82' tourwinking smiley

Despite the increasing use of wind machines/coolers on stage, and whatever hair arrangements he chooses, he's still sweating smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 11:47 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: April 3, 2018 11:54

Well we gotta add a bit of drama, dis is da Stones

HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... ya already did ..... HHHHaaaaaahuh huh

but all this nonsense with dating young women is a bit sad.

ROCKMAN

Date: April 3, 2018 11:56

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman

Despite the increasing use of wind machines/coolers on stage, and whatever hair arrangements he chooses, he's still sweating smiling smiley

Like i said, that pic is in Brazil, its damn hot and humid, but the point i made about he sweats less since he gave up coke is right, same with keith, hardly ever see him sweat these days.
Funny thing is though, Ronnie still sweats lol, i don't know what tells us winking smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 12:03

Maybe there are no wind machines on Ronnie's side winking smiley

Date: April 3, 2018 12:06

Yeah well coke does bring out the beads ... makes the motor run hot ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 3, 2018 14:09

Its just total bullshit, all these stories about Jagger using coke on the 81/82 tour. They really were way too professional by then. Coke kills your voice, its totally unbelievable Jagger would spend two hours warming up only to kill his voice with a line of coke before he goes on to entertain 90,000 people.

Mathijs

Date: April 3, 2018 14:25

<Its just total bullshit, all these stories about Jagger using coke on the 81/82 tour. They really were way too professional by then. Coke kills your voice>

That was the point I tried to make. It was also the first tour since the mid/late 60s where he used his voice for singing, instead of merely shouting on stage.

That would never have happened while on coke. Instead he spent practically an hour before every show working out and bending muscles.

We have our dreams and visions about our favourite band, and what a wild partying bunch they are. From the 38:13-mark in this video, we see the reality, though. It's hard work smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 15:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 3, 2018 14:37

Jagger's photo should be beneath any definition of "professional". He's the gold standard.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 3, 2018 15:00

It's a bit exagerated (to keep polite) to associate sweating to the use of cocaine.
Sweat has several causes, in most cases heat, humidity or stress.
Putting much nervous input in something can make anyone sweat.

Of course cocaine can boost nervosity, but to me it's a bit too much of a shortcut...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2018 15:06

There were strict rules for the people working on the 81/82 tour.
But Keith, Ron and partly Mick still did coke.

Date: April 3, 2018 15:11

Mathijs
Its just total bullshit, all these stories about Jagger using coke on the 81/82 tour. They really were way too professional by then. Coke kills your voice, its totally unbelievable Jagger would spend two hours warming up only to kill his voice with a line of coke before he goes on to entertain 90,000 people.

Mathijs

Did you hear Mick's voice on that tour, his voice was completely shot by coke

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2018 15:28

Mathijs
Its just total bullshit, all these stories about Jagger using coke on the 81/82 tour. They really were way too professional by then.
Mathijs

I'd question the "they" in you post (Keef and Ron were still "unprofessional" let's leave it at that...) but you have to credit Jagger for foreseeing the change of era that occured at the beginning of the 80's.

The hedonist 60's and the dark 70's were gone, the 80's were to be the decade of performance, achievements, cleanliness, and Mick totally got that.

Wasn't he some sort of musical yuppie? smoking smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 3, 2018 16:17

keithsman

I'd say 81 and 89 are the sweatiest tours. The Licks tour comes in third because of the club shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 16:18 by ryanpow.

Date: April 3, 2018 16:24

dcba
Mathijs
Its just total bullshit, all these stories about Jagger using coke on the 81/82 tour. They really were way too professional by then.
Mathijs

I'd question the "they" in you post (Keef and Ron were still "unprofessional" let's leave it at that...) but you have to credit Jagger for foreseeing the change of era that occured at the beginning of the 80's.

The hedonist 60's and the dark 70's were gone, the 80's were to be the decade of performance, achievements, cleanliness, and Mick totally got that.

Wasn't he some sort of musical yuppie? smoking smiley

Well everyone was doing coke behind closes doors in the 80's, while all the JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS was being declared to everyone from Boys George to George Michael, they were all at it. Worse than coke too. Hollywood and the Jet Set parties had bowls of coke and countless people in Hollywood have confessed to it being widespread. But don't get caught using it, then you were out

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 3, 2018 16:58

"I'd say 81 and 89 are the sweatiest tours. The Licks tour comes in third because of the club shows".

Speaking about particular gigs, Ryanpow, my sweatiest show was Budapest 2007. Everyone who was there can understand what I mean. Very hot, my friend... (And after comes Stade De France 2003).

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 3, 2018 17:12

I never think of that when I see them sweat. When they sniff all the time and keep touching their nose, sure...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 3, 2018 17:15

I believe he probably stayed away from the stuff in 81 82 but maybe he partook on the Hampton Broadcast. Some of the faces he makes between songs during the fist part look like he's getting the nasal drip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 17:17 by ryanpow.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 3, 2018 18:52

"Mick Jagger, the new Lizzie Birdsworth!"

Date: April 3, 2018 19:35

Rocky Dijon
I never think of that when I see them sweat. When they sniff all the time and keep touching their nose, sure...

That's called a common cold.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home