Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: 'Ronnie Wood Set Lists' from Genesis Publications
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 28, 2018 01:08

They are selling handwritten rehearsal setlists containing songs they never bothered to play live? That's funny.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2018 06:29

Ronnie Wood on the BBC
16 Oct 2018

Ronnie Wood discussed his latest edition, The Rolling Stones Set Lists, in an interview with BBC Radio 6 Music News, which aired Thursday 11th October in two parts.

During the interview with the BBC presenters Sean Keaveny and Matt Everitt, Ronnie talked about the Rolling Stones, his love of art and his Rolling Stones Set Lists. Described as 'sumptuous' by Sean Keaveny, and as 'an epic tome' by Matt Everitt, offering 'an insight into the Stones development', Ronnie explains how the set lists are 'created on the spur of the moment, as the songs are happening or just after they have been played.'

Click here and listen to the two sections at the following intervals: Part 1 is at 45 minutes and 42 seconds, and part 2 is at 2 hours, 40 minutes and 48 seconds.

Ronnie Wood's highly anticipated Rolling Stones edition will be shipped December 2018, and with copies now available to pre-order, click here for further information.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2018 06:41

That's quite a long show...wondering if he mentions the new album and/or the rumoured return to North America?

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 12:44

One word LAUGHABLE!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 17, 2018 14:03

….WHOOOOO it a long one ... have ta listen b4 I start work ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 17, 2018 16:16

I like it...good for RW if he can commercialize it...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2018 16:46

there are oviously fake setlists in that book:

just one exmample: the 5th setlist shown on [www.genesis-publications.com] features: Under Get Off My Cloud, Dancing With Mr D, Play With Fire, Respectable, Shattered and Just Your Fool. There has never been a show that all featured these songs:
Dancing With Mr D has not been performed between 1973 and 2016 and Play With Fire was only performed once since 1990 – Hamburg 2017. Just Your Fool and Mr D. have been perforemd in Hamburg but neither Respectable nor Get Off My Cloud…
And Shattered on the other had has only been performed once since 2013 – Manchester 2018…

I thought Ronnie gave up drinking…?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 16:50 by slewan.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 17, 2018 16:52

Those are rehearsal setlist! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: rara ()
Date: October 17, 2018 17:06

slewan

just one exmample: the 5th setlist shown on [www.genesis-publications.com] features: Under Get Off My Cloud, Dancing With Mr D, Play With Fire, Respectable, Shattered and Just Your Fool. There has never been a show that all featured these songs:
Dancing With Mr D has not been performed between 1973 and 2016 and Play With Fire was only performed once since 1990 – Hamburg 2017. Just Your Fool and Mr D. have been perforemd in Hamburg but neither Respectable nor Get Off My Cloud…
And Shattered on the other had has only been performed once since 2013 – Manchester 2018…

I don't know what's up with people shouting fake news at everything instead of actually reading the article nowadays.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 17, 2018 17:10

rara
slewan

I don't know what's up with people shouting fake news at everything instead of actually reading the article nowadays.

Correct me if wrong, but I thought Ronnie was just listing warm-up songs as opposed to actual songs played in concert itself. Please advise

Date: October 17, 2018 18:31

Chris Fountain
rara
slewan

Correct me if wrong, but I thought Ronnie was just listing warm-up songs as opposed to actual songs played in concert itself. Please advise

Yes, but I thought some reflect the actual show setlists also?

But having read through his autobiography there's quite a bit of fiction in there, so whose to say he's not making a few fake rehearsal/warm-up setlists? lol

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 18, 2018 00:24

Only Ronnie can attempt to make money out of a book consisting of boring setlists, two of the worst books i have ever purchased came from MR Wood,
Ron Wood "The Works" and his biography "RONNIE", it was a celebrity name dropping fest, incredibly shallow imho. Stick to drawing and playing the guitar you greedy so and so, i mean £295 for a frigging book,confused smiley this is even worse value for money than She's The Boss grinning smiley Someone really needs to point out to Ronnie that he's worth about 110 million dollars, he seems to have forgot.winking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:31

Anyone buying SET LISTS gets what they paid for. THE WORKS remains a good read. Great anecdotes and great art. A fun book. RONNIE isn't so good. The early chapters on his water gypsy childhood were the best part. The co-writer's hand is too obvious (mistaking the band Organized Kryme for an early incarnation of The Xpensive Winos, for instance), but the bits with Rod - especially the shared correspondence is terrific. Mac's ALL THE RAGE is the best of the lot.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2018 01:00

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 19, 2018 02:23

Cristiano Radtke
Stones Set Lists by Ronnie Wood

Thank you Cristiano
Lookin’ good Ron Wood thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 21, 2018 19:43

Just get in the studio Ronnie and make a new solo album
Getting a bit bored with your books n paintings.no matter how good they are. And..i love you. You are a great guy. But get your musical arse in gear.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-21 19:43 by corriecas.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 21, 2018 20:28

Ronnie is an artist. He likes to express himself in an artistic manner. That is what he does to keep himself occupied between tours. I don't think his first instinct is to make more money.
Personally, I think those set lists are of negligible artistic value. But that doesn't matter. Ronnie is a celebrity and that does add value. I'm sure he will sell the lot.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:57

I have no interest in the setlist book, unless of course it becomes $10-$15 at some point. However, I find it fascinating the diatribe against Ronnie and/or the fans that have the cash and are interested in the book. More power to them both! In my view there is nothing wrong with Ronnie selling what he considers his artwork and nothing wrong in fans either saying yes or no to buying it. I'm in the absolutely not category but what's wrong with someone who is a big fan and has disposable income thinking "hey that would be cool on my coffee table". I just don't understand the condescending attitude towards those who like it and can afford it. It's neither smart nor stupid to purchase the book. It is purely a matter of taste and economics."Can't we all just get along?"

Date: October 30, 2018 18:44

Wouldn't be surprised if next in line is a coloring book for toddlers.
And seeing that he has two young twin daughters, maybe they can help him with some ideas!

Posted by: woody ()
Date: October 30, 2018 23:24

I will be giving this one a big swerve.
I have all the other genesis Stones/ronnie books but this one is scraping the barrel.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 30, 2018 23:39

keefmick
I have no interest in the setlist book, unless of course it becomes $10-$15 at some point. However, I find it fascinating the diatribe against Ronnie and/or the fans that have the cash and are interested in the book. More power to them both! In my view there is nothing wrong with Ronnie selling what he considers his artwork and nothing wrong in fans either saying yes or no to buying it. I'm in the absolutely not category but what's wrong with someone who is a big fan and has disposable income thinking "hey that would be cool on my coffee table". I just don't understand the condescending attitude towards those who like it and can afford it. It's neither smart nor stupid to purchase the book. It is purely a matter of taste and economics."Can't we all just get along?"

thumbs up

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: October 31, 2018 00:36

Hairball
Palace Revolution 2000
Hairball
doitywoik
If someone likes this stuff (no matter whether for exclusive £700 or 'plain' £15.99) why shouldn't they have it? There's nothing wrong with that. Money aside, it's simply not on the list of my artistic priorities.

Agreed - seems silly at any price, but that's just my opinion. One man's trash is another mans treasure...
That said, it would be cool to have an original from a particular show I was at, but only if it was free.

Again, a good idea. I think there is a charm to these lists. (And that is what they are: LISTS). And I could see how someone would want to do something with them.
Something like this would make a great benefit item. A giveaweay with donation, or something.
No I don't think an artists should give away their work for free. But surely Ronnie doesn't see this as his "work".

Yes to the benefit/donation idea, otherwise seems like an odd idea and just something for him to cash in on selling color copies in a book. I could understand if they (the originals and even color copies) were part of some charity or benefit with all profits being donated...(and maybe they are?), but as presented this kind of reeks of something shady (and even greedy) imo. Again though, more power to him I guess. Or maybe the color photo copies could have been compiled in an oversized magazine style format with multiple signed copies up for auction/benefit. Or a mass printing of these oversized magazines sold for around $10 at the nearest Barnes and Noble - eventually ending up in the bargain section for $5.

I thought I remember reading that's what was done with them, after the gigs they were given away to a local charity guess that wasn't the case, anyway I think if I were going to drop this kind of $$ I'd buy Bill Wyman's big Scrapbook,

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 10, 2018 12:35

I enjoyed the video Christiano linked; thanks for that.
along the same lines, this piece from Ultimate Classic Rock in today's
Google News feed.

“He discusses the band's creative process, learning up to 80 songs per tour; personal highlights, such as Valentine's Day 2014, when a small group of fans were invited into rehearsals; collaborations with fellow musicians such as the Black Keys, Eric Clapton, Florence Welch and Jeff Beck; and the band's various reunions with former Rolling Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor."
In addition to Wood's quotes, the book includes "extended captions [that] analyze each set list in depth, examining the significance of certain songs and their place within the Rolling Stones' history. Nearly 150 photographs and items of memorabilia provide additional context.”

Three personally signed editions were made available for pre-order, though the most limited version, with a print run of 75, has already sold out. The “Ready Set Go” edition runs to 425 copies, while the “Set Pieces” edition runs to 1,000 copies." ...
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

A new Book of Ron Wood
Posted by: Nobbi82 ()
Date: November 10, 2018 18:05

Tolles Buch von Ronnie ,schönes Weihnachtsgeschenk ,für Mich zu teuer aber sehr schöne gemacht vielleicht für einige von Euch interressant

Great book by Ronnie, nice Christmas present, too expensive for me but very nice maybe interesting for some of you

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Re: A new Book of Ron Wood
Date: November 10, 2018 19:55

More info in the thread: [iorr.org]

Re: A new Book of Ron Wood
Posted by: Nobbi82 ()
Date: November 10, 2018 21:21

thanks

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 23, 2018 19:54

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood on the art of the set list

Set list 44: Rehearsal, Studio Planet Live, Bondy, Paris, February 14 2014

[www.ft.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 23, 2018 20:23

For anyone so inclined to purchase this or other Genesis publications, they are offering free shipping worldwide until midnight November 26th with code CYBERWEEKEND.

Ronnie Wood Financial Times Weekend, Art of Set List
Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: November 25, 2018 19:20

Rolling Stones and other bands set lists arranging discussed, with Ronnies set list art.
Nice full page article. Got a print cooy cuould be online.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 3, 2018 21:56

Ronnie Wood: The Rolling Stones Set Lists out now!

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home