Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: 'Ronnie Wood Set Lists' from Genesis Publications
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2018 19:36

Gazza
grinning smiley you can just see the fights breaking out in the gallery as people debate the merits of the content of the 2017 setlist art compared to those from 1995.

And then there'll be someone who'll chime in that the art would have been far better had Mick Taylor been given the chance to develop his talents with a paintbrush that his potential deserved.
Lol.
And the Mick whiners complaining that by changing a song in the setlist, which Ronnie goes back and corrects, "he totally ruined the artwork".

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 13, 2018 23:23

The setlists of the times they let us into Planet Live rehearsal studio do appeal to me somehow...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 14, 2018 00:17

Hairball
Along with that, he might view himself as an artist at a much higher caliber than he really is which shows a lack of humility and is a bit narcissitic.
Whats next? Can we expect to see him to start selling copies of his hand written grocery ....

That's what I said ...

Milk

Eggs
Diapers

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2018 00:37

schillid
Hairball
Along with that, he might view himself as an artist at a much higher caliber than he really is which shows a lack of humility and is a bit narcissitic.
Whats next? Can we expect to see him to start selling copies of his hand written grocery ....

That's what I said ...

Milk

Eggs
Diapers

Ahh yes I see you did schillid, and you even used the same garish 'eyesore' colors that Ronnie has used! smiling smiley

Running out of ideas and inspiration, Ronnie will then paint his daily "to do" lists....

Take out trash

Play With Babies
Paint another setlist

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 14, 2018 05:36

Think we've pinpointed his inspiration (or lack thereof) for the "I feel like painting" painting...

Date: April 14, 2018 05:59

Yeah, and he didn't hesitate to cash in by turning all that into merch - shirts, scarves, wallets, etc., but some people buy that kind of stuff, so whose to criticize?

His next painting should be a take on "Hit the Wall" in relation to the new Stones album...I might even buy a t-shirt!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 14, 2018 06:56

Hairball
"Since 2005, Ronnie has been painting the set lists of The Rolling Stones rehearsals. The resulting canvases document sell-out tours, historic concerts, as well as closed-door sessions. Genesis Publications announce an upcoming artist-signed book, plus accompanying art prints, that will present Ronnie's Rolling Stones set lists for the first time. Sign up now to [www.genesis-publications.com] for updates and to be the first to hear more..."

He used to scribble them on plain poster board w/colored marking pens basically as one off throwaways, but once I started seeing him "paint" them on actual stretched canvas I had a feeling he would try and make a bundle off of them. Seems a waste of good canvas to me, but if he can take pictures of them and sell them in a fancy book - and people are willing to pay the exorbitant price - more power to him. Maybe he'll have all the canvases displayed in a gallery some day so people can worship them in person....

Date: April 14, 2018 07:53

His own website and publicity for the book which you posted says he started "painting" them in 2005 - maybe that's a typo since that setlist above says 2002 - or maybe the pic is photoshop?
I'm almost positive he was doing them during the Licks tour 2002/2003 (and maybe even before that), but pretty sure they were mostly done on foam/poster board, though he might have used a canvas on occasion?

Date: April 14, 2018 08:24

Hairball
His own website and publicity for the book which you posted says he started "painting" them in 2005 - maybe that's a typo since that setlist above says 2002 - or maybe the pic is photoshop?

It's a screencapture from the "Tip of the Tongue" documentary from the Four Flicks box set (here, between 6:08 and 6:22).

There's some other setlists hanging on the wall behind Mick on this pic and they look like they were painted on a poster board.

Date: April 14, 2018 08:56

I was half joking about the photoshop Cristiano, but still odd that the new book publicity says he started doing them in 2005 when he was obviously doing these back in 2002 (on canvas and/or posterboard).

Date: April 15, 2018 02:46

Hairball
I was half joking about the photoshop Cristiano, but still odd that the new book publicity says he started doing them in 2005 when he was obviously doing these back in 2002 (on canvas and/or posterboard).

Sorry, I guess I was half asleep, so I didn't get you was half joking. grinning smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 15, 2018 05:53

Hairball

Take out trash

Play With Babies
Paint another setlist

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hairball
His next painting should be a take on "Hit the Wall" in relation to the new Stones album...I might even buy a t-shirt!

Oh yes, the wall, that sparks an idea ... grinning smiley

Ronnie's Stones' Set List Paintings to be published
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 17, 2018 04:55

[www.instagram.com]

Genesis Publications will be publishing Ronnie's paintings of the band's set lists. This should be fun!!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 17, 2018 23:26

what is Gunslinger ? a song in G ? surely a cover, but from who ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 17, 2018 23:33

"Gunslinger" is a Bo Diddley song.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 17, 2018 23:45

Its a name gor one of his guitars?

Date: April 18, 2018 00:12

bye bye johnny
"Gunslinger" is a Bo Diddley song.

Thank you very much.

Was it ever played live ?

iorr Bo Diddley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 18, 2018 00:20

Ronnie & Bo played it when they toured together.

Date: April 18, 2018 00:25

thanks again Bye Bye Johnny. I had the album somewhere.

Date: April 18, 2018 00:36

Speaking of Ronnie and Bo playing Gunslinger, I attended Bo Diddley's Rock 'n' Roll All Star Jam w/Ronnie Wood and others (including Chuck Berry) back in 1985 at Irvine Meadows ampitheater in SoCal- one of those nights I don't remember much of due to excessive partying before, during, and after the show, but a good time was had by all probably! winking smiley

AllMusic Review by Dave Thompson

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 25, 2018 17:35

Hairball
I'm almost positive he was doing them during the Licks tour 2002/2003 (and maybe even before that), but pretty sure they were mostly done on foam/poster board, though he might have used a canvas on occasion?

I remember an RS article in August 94 (the one with the masked Stones on the cover) where the writer said that Ronnie went to write down a track name (Memory Motel ?) after it had been rehearsed. Now I suppose the "nuance" could be that at the time they were NOT painted. And it's possible these were tracks that they earmarked as potential songs for the upcoming shows as opposed to setlists of what was actually played.

I saved those that were posted of the Bondy sessions (and others) but would have to track them down ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 25, 2018 21:47

Midnight is misspelled.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 26, 2018 19:03

Well,

1. £295 - The Set Pieces book is limited to only 1,000 numbered copies, each signed by Ronnie Wood.

2. £695 - Ready Set Go! is a signed book and print set, limited to only 425 copies.

3. £1900 - Set In Stone is a limited edition book and three-print portfolio, limited to only 75 copies.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2018 19:10

I'm interested in a Kindle (eBook) version - £10 .... smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 26, 2018 19:41

Yeah..prices have gone up for the babys new clothes..
@#$%& hell..ridiculous prices Ronnie.
Jeroen

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 26, 2018 20:03

Irix
Audiobook - £5?

TE
Oslo

Date: April 26, 2018 20:39

TE
Irix
Audiobook - £5?

TE
Oslo

Library - free?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2018 20:40

TE

Audiobook - £5?

New on Audible: "Ron Wood recites Setlists" winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 05:36

TE
Well,

1. £295 - The Set Pieces book is limited to only 1,000 numbered copies, each signed by Ronnie Wood.

2. £695 - Ready Set Go! is a signed book and print set, limited to only 425 copies.

3. £1900 - Set In Stone is a limited edition book and three-print portfolio, limited to only 75 copies.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

TE
Oslo

Not only is Midnight misspelled on one of these setlists, one of the 'slides' in the link here says they played BLACK of my Hand....

Rod

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 27, 2018 22:01

Already sold out.....!

Choice is getting easier now...smiling smiley

Hendrik

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home