Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: 'Ronnie Wood Set Lists' from Genesis Publications
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 31, 2018 00:12

Allow yee who has never wasted (at one time or another) too much money on something/someone questionable cast thee first stone

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 31, 2018 00:22

35love
Don’t you love the art world?

If Andy Warhol’s Campbell soup cans can fetch millions,

how’s about an artist that truly means something to you - priceless.

But its a book of setlists, it's not art, because we are Stones fans does that mean we cant see when one of them is being greedy.

Does Ronnie need 500 pounds or what ever for a book of setlists.
Just seems a bit pathetic to me, £700 hundred for an art pictures book.
If there is someone silly enough to buy them then Ronnie's only too happy to add to his £80 million fortune.

I see Ronnie as this down to earth guy, one of us, still a fan himself, this just shows that he is not really that guy anymore.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:42

keithsman
35love

But its a book of setlists, it's not art, because we are Stones fans does that mean we cant see when one of them is being greedy.

If there is someone silly enough to buy them then Ronnie's only too happy to add to his £80 million fortune.

I see Ronnie as this down to earth guy, one of us, still a fan himself, this just shows that he is not really that guy anymore.

;-) not that guy anymore, huh? You sound like he stiffed you as a personal friend.
You are correct, I want the setlist of my show (s) hung on my wall as art.
Lots of books out, this is another.
Perhaps an artistic creative account on paper of set lists during the RS tours is an item fans want- and there are collectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-31 02:43 by 35love.

Date: March 31, 2018 11:36

What, seriously?

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:35

Ronnie's Voodoo Lounge Shirts are on a Special t-shirt thread. I think those setlists would make another set of marvellous shirts, too!

Date: March 31, 2018 13:54

JJHMick
Ronnie's Voodoo Lounge Shirts are on a Special t-shirt thread. I think those setlists would make another set of marvellous shirts, too!

Ah-ha! thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:55

keithsman

Does Ronnie need 500 pounds or what ever for a book of setlists. Just seems a bit pathetic to me, £700 hundred for an art pictures book. If there is someone silly enough to buy them then Ronnie's only too happy to add to his £80 million fortune.

As already mentioned here: [iorr.org] it could be that there will also be a 'plain' edition for £15-£20.

Comparison:

Ronnie Wood: Artist - limited 250-copies 'Deluxe'-Edition by Genesis Publications: £695 - [www.Genesis-Publications.com] .

Ronnie Wood: Artist - 'plain' Edition by Thames & Hudson: £15.78 - [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Ronnie Wood: How Can It Be? - limited 1615-copies 'Collectors'-Edition by Genesis Publications: £295 - [www.Genesis-Publications.com] .

Ronnie Wood: How Can It Be? - 'plain' Edition by Genesis Publications: £20.35 - [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Date: March 31, 2018 13:57

JJHMick
Yes, now that would have been a very good idea. And "if it's money he was after", then he may have actually ended up with close to the same take.

Date: March 31, 2018 16:13

Irix
keithsman

Does Ronnie need 500 pounds or what ever for a book of setlists. Just seems a bit pathetic to me, £700 hundred for an art pictures book. If there is someone silly enough to buy them then Ronnie's only too happy to add to his £80 million fortune.

As already mentioned here: [iorr.org] it could be that there will also be a 'plain' edition for £15-£20.

Comparison:

Ronnie Wood: Artist - limited 250-copies 'Deluxe'-Edition by Genesis Publications: £695 - [www.Genesis-Publications.com] .

Ronnie Wood: Artist - 'plain' Edition by Thames & Hudson: £15.78 - [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Ronnie Wood: How Can It Be? - limited 1615-copies 'Collectors'-Edition by Genesis Publications: £295 - [www.Genesis-Publications.com] .

Ronnie Wood: How Can It Be? - 'plain' Edition by Genesis Publications: £20.35 - [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

Doesn't change the fact that most of these first edition books containing Ronnies early diary's and already known set lists come in at between £300 and £700 to poor vulnerable unsuspecting anoraks. The new sober Roonie loves money, that's probably the real Ronnie

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2018 16:27

keithsman
Irix
keithsman

Comparison:

Doesn't change the fact that most of these first edition books containing Ronnies early diary's and already known set lists come in at between £300 and £700 to poor vulnerable unsuspecting anoraks. The new sober Roonie loves money, that's probably the real Ronnie

Anyone paying that kind of money for a signed first edition is neither poor nor vulnerable nor unsuspecting. I'll give you anorak.winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 31, 2018 16:36

keithsman
35love

Why do some people think that artists should sell their work cheaply.
What Ronnie or anyone else does with the money they earn is their business and who knows maybe he even gives some away to charity or just wants to secure a great financial future for his family.
No one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy.

Nate

Date: March 31, 2018 17:57

Nate
keithsman
35love

Why do some people think that artists should sell their work cheaply.
What Ronnie or anyone else does with the money they earn is their business and who knows maybe he even gives some away to charity or just wants to secure a great financial future for his family.
No one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy.

Nate

Sure , obviously i don't feel that there is a gun pointed to my head to buy one of these books, just thought the books are very expensive, and i don't think with an £80 million fortune Ronnie has to worry about financial security for his family.
Didn't mean to cause such a storm by my opinion.
This thread was not off topic and others gave their opinion first ( almost plugging the book before even seeing its detail ) so thought it was ok to comment.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 12, 2018 20:20

"Since 2005, Ronnie has been painting the set lists of The Rolling Stones rehearsals. The resulting canvases document sell-out tours, historic concerts, as well as closed-door sessions. Genesis Publications announce an upcoming artist-signed book, plus accompanying art prints, that will present Ronnie's Rolling Stones set lists for the first time. Sign up now to [www.genesis-publications.com] for updates and to be the first to hear more..."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 12, 2018 22:04

I guess this is what a painter paints when he runs out of any inspiration. Is this not a riff on "I'd pay to hear [fill in name of singer] sing the phone book"? Ronnie must get a good laugh, people paying for pictures of paintings of set lists.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 12, 2018 23:57

"Since 2005, Ronnie has been painting the set lists of The Rolling Stones rehearsals. The resulting canvases document sell-out tours, historic concerts, as well as closed-door sessions. Genesis Publications announce an upcoming artist-signed book, plus accompanying art prints, that will present Ronnie's Rolling Stones set lists for the first time. Sign up now to [www.genesis-publications.com] for updates and to be the first to hear more..."

He used to scribble them on plain poster board w/colored marking pens basically as one off throwaways, but once I started seeing him "paint" them on actual stretched canvas I had a feeling he would try and make a bundle off of them. Seems a waste of good canvas to me, but if he can take pictures of them and sell them in a fancy book - and people are willing to pay the exorbitant price - more power to him. Maybe he'll have all the canvases displayed in a gallery some day so people can worship them in person....

Date: April 13, 2018 00:37

Shellack ‘em and sell ‘em!

I bet he’s got a secret stash o’ paintings...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2018 01:16

Would love to have an original canvas (or poster board) from any show I attended.
As it is, when the £15/20 versions of the book become available, one will likely find it's way to my bookshelf.

It'll be fun to see all the changes and setlists etc. from the various shows. Don't think they'll just be marketed to the "worshippers" though. I mean the hardcore setlist complainers could find them quite useful as well.

Hell, most of them, even if their time is only calculated at being worth $5 an hour, have spent enough to equal the cost of a deluxe signed copy just on one tour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 01:18 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 13, 2018 01:42

Rokyfan
I guess this is what a painter paints when he runs out of any inspiration. Is this not a riff on "I'd pay to hear [fill in name of singer] sing the phone book"? Ronnie must get a good laugh, people paying for pictures of paintings of set lists.

Along with that, he might view himself as an artist at a much higher caliber than he really is which shows a lack of humility and is a bit narcissitic.
Whats next? Can we expect to see him to start selling copies of his hand written grocery lists compiled in a £700 limited edition book?

Date: April 13, 2018 02:01

Hairball
Rokyfan

Along with that, he might view himself as an artist at a much higher caliber than he really is which shows a lack of humility and is a bit narcissitic.
Whats next? Can we expect to see him to start selling copies of his hand written grocery lists compiled in a £700 limited edition book?

Oh stop.
It would be cool as heck to have to original setlist framed, and hung on your wall.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 13, 2018 06:02

Hairball

If they come in psychedelic colours there might be a market. grinning smiley

Seriously now: if someone needs Ronnie's setlists so bad s/he would even pay £700, so be it. I'm not among those people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 06:03 by doitywoik.

Date: April 13, 2018 06:46

doitywoik
Hairball

If they come in psychedelic colours there might be a market. grinning smiley

Seriously now: if someone needs Ronnie's setlists so bad s/he would even pay £700, so be it. I'm not among those people.

Ho Ho Ho,
the price one pays in dollars, euros, francs
for fabric (canvas) and pigment (paint) or dyed felt (magic markers)
a question as old as art itself.

Date: April 13, 2018 07:02

If someone likes this stuff (no matter whether for exclusive £700 or 'plain' £15.99) why shouldn't they have it? There's nothing wrong with that. Money aside, it's simply not on the list of my artistic priorities.

Date: April 13, 2018 08:02

doitywoik
If someone likes this stuff (no matter whether for exclusive £700 or 'plain' £15.99) why shouldn't they have it? There's nothing wrong with that. Money aside, it's simply not on the list of my artistic priorities.

Agreed - seems silly at any price, but that's just my opinion. One man's trash is another mans treasure...
That said, it would be cool to have an original from a particular show I was at, but only if it was free.

Date: April 13, 2018 11:52

Yeah, that would be cool with me - especially if I could determine the setlist! grinning smiley That would be the one show that opens with One Hit, it would have Melody in it, and Down In The Hole, Gun Face, Low Down, Dirty Work, Slave (with a jam in the end), Heartbreaker, ... and I would force them to premier a new song ... and no Satisfaction (heard it way too often) ... Hell, I have to talk to Ronnie! grinning smiley

Date: April 13, 2018 13:10

Hairball
doitywoik

Agreed - seems silly at any price, but that's just my opinion. One man's trash is another mans treasure...
That said, it would be cool to have an original from a particular show I was at, but only if it was free.

Again, a good idea. I think there is a charm to these lists. (And that is what they are: LISTS). And I could see how someone would want to do something with them.
Something like this would make a great benefit item. A giveaweay with donation, or something.
No I don't think an artists should give away their work for free. But surely Ronnie doesn't see this as his "work".

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 13, 2018 14:46

keithsman
35love

he probably is still that guy...

..But these days he's increasingly surrounded by advisors and marketing men and is probably up for anything they tell him to do.

Date: April 13, 2018 18:45

Palace Revolution 2000
Hairball
doitywoik

Again, a good idea. I think there is a charm to these lists. (And that is what they are: LISTS). And I could see how someone would want to do something with them.
Something like this would make a great benefit item. A giveaweay with donation, or something.
No I don't think an artists should give away their work for free. But surely Ronnie doesn't see this as his "work".

Yes to the benefit/donation idea, otherwise seems like an odd idea and just something for him to cash in on selling color copies in a book. I could understand if they (the originals and even color copies) were part of some charity or benefit with all profits being donated...(and maybe they are?), but as presented this kind of reeks of something shady (and even greedy) imo. Again though, more power to him I guess. Or maybe the color photo copies could have been compiled in an oversized magazine style format with multiple signed copies up for auction/benefit. Or a mass printing of these oversized magazines sold for around $10 at the nearest Barnes and Noble - eventually ending up in the bargain section for $5.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2018 18:51

Hairball

He used to scribble them on plain poster board w/colored marking pens basically as one off throwaways, but once I started seeing him "paint" them on actual stretched canvas I had a feeling he would try and make a bundle off of them. Seems a waste of good canvas to me, but if he can take pictures of them and sell them in a fancy book - and people are willing to pay the exorbitant price - more power to him. Maybe he'll have all the canvases displayed in a gallery some day so people can worship them in person....

grinning smiley you can just see the fights breaking out in the gallery as people debate the merits of the content of the 2017 setlist art compared to those from 1995.

And then there'll be someone who'll chime in that the art would have been far better had Mick Taylor been given the chance to develop his talents with a paintbrush that his potential deserved.

Date: April 13, 2018 19:00

Hmmm, he might add a harddisc with the sound files of each show to the book so that people can check whether his setlists are correct grinning smiley

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: April 13, 2018 19:22

"sans aucun intérêt " in French in the text !

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home