Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie in the recording studio
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 24, 2018 17:22

Ronnie just posted a video on Twitter of him in the recording studio playing bass - hopefully working on the new Stones album...

Re: Ronnie in the recording studio
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 24, 2018 17:32

john lomax
Ronnie just posted a video on Twitter of him in the recording studio playing bass - hopefully working on the new Stones album...

I hope so!! thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2018 17:42

Posted that in the new album thread yesterday.. like what he titled it.

Ronnie... "Jammin' with ideas"
[twitter.com]

Ronnie jamming away on the bass.. in studio(?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 17:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 24, 2018 18:36

How impressive!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2018 18:43

john lomax

Or even better, working up material for a new album from The Jeff Beck Group.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 24, 2018 19:26

Hope its for a solo album.
Jeroen

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 24, 2018 19:29

corriecas
Jeroen

thumbs up
Me too, the last solo album from Ronnie was excellent, best yet imho.

Date: March 25, 2018 03:42

stone4ever
corriecas
Jeroen

thumbs up

Add me on. Itr is more probable, and his albums are always get massive plays on mylist

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 25, 2018 04:19

Me too. I much prefer Ronnie's or Keith's solo efforts nowadays

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 25, 2018 04:40

Palace Revolution 2000
stone4ever
corriecas
Jeroen

thumbs up

Add me on. Itr is more probable, and his albums are always get massive plays on mylist

Not sure how you would think it is more probable for a Woody solo record .. Hasn't been any word at all of a Ronnie Solo record to come .. Consider that the only blurb world-wide about any solo record from Woody was in this post .. ...

He is going to be pretty busy with Stones things in the foreseeable future...>>> The Stones still have theirs to complete and their tour is coming in a couple months.

Im not saying it is certainly for something Rolling Stones .. BUT .. not sure you feel it is actually more probable for a Ron Wood solo album than with The Stones (...or anybody else?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-25 04:42 by IanBillen.

Date: March 25, 2018 09:34

IanBillen
Palace Revolution 2000
stone4ever
corriecas
Jeroen

thumbs up

Not sure how you would think it is more probable for a Woody solo record .. Hasn't been any word at all of a Ronnie Solo record to come .. Consider that the only blurb world-wide about any solo record from Woody was in this post .. ...

He is going to be pretty busy with Stones things in the foreseeable future...>>> The Stones still have theirs to complete and their tour is coming in a couple months.

Im not saying it is certainly for something Rolling Stones .. BUT .. not sure you feel it is actually more probable for a Ron Wood solo album than with The Stones (...or anybody else?).

It's not that serious Ian. I know you carry the lantern high on several sites for the new Stones album, and hats off to you, and you will be giving all of us a big "I told you so" soon. smileys with beer
Don't under-estimate Woody though; remember how he blind sided the entire Stones community with "I Feel Like Playing".

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 25, 2018 09:41

Glad to hear he is back in the studio.I hope its for the Stones album.However I would gladly take a solo recording.
Its about time the Glimmers gave Ronnie more credit.He should be co writing more stuff with them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2018 09:55

Ronnie playing bass while "jammin' with ideas" doesn't really sound like something he'd be doing for a Stones album.
For better or worse Darryl has the bass covered for the most part, while Mick and Keith have a monopoly on the ideas for songs.
Then again, maybe he's just killing time and fooling around while Mick and Keith fight it out?
I'm leaning towards some solo stuff in the making...Ronnie's got plenty of ideas that need to be heard.

Date: March 25, 2018 12:46

Yeah right Ronnie. Surprise everyone with a New solo album. His last one is from 2010, so about time.
Looking forward to it. Ronnies solo stuff is highly appreciated , and am looking forward to it.
I think he has had enough of his paintings for a while, and as many people are talking about a new Stones album..

Maybe ..wham..there will be a new Great Ronnnie Wood solo album..
Great!!

Jeroen

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 25, 2018 13:04

I love Ronnie's solo stuff, though I haven't got 1234 ? Is it any good ?

However, Own Album, Now Look, Slide On This, Gimme Some Neck, Feel Like Playing, are enjoyable, and I really appreciate. I do wish Real Gone Music did a better job with the remastered twofer of Own / Look, as nary a bonus track. There must be something in the vaults there.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: March 25, 2018 14:07

1234 is a very cool Ronnie album - better get this!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 26, 2018 05:18

Palace Revolution 2000
IanBillen
Palace Revolution 2000
stone4ever
corriecas
Jeroen

thumbs up

It's not that serious Ian. I know you carry the lantern high on several sites for the new Stones album, and hats off to you, and you will be giving all of us a big "I told you so" soon. smileys with beer
Don't under-estimate Woody though; remember how he blind sided the entire Stones community with "I Feel Like Playing".

Yeah .. I have been championing this new album for a while now. My thing is this.. I used to get into arguments with folks here who said they would never get into a studio again. Now here we are .. An album is certain to come (unless something tragic occurs .. lets certainly hope not). However folks continue to be nay-sayers or look at / choose to believe every other possibility. That's all Im sayin there with that..ha.

A new album is sure to come at this point. They are / have been working on it. Any time I see them in the studio or hear of any of them going in the studio first I take that into consideration and look at that as the most probable .. Not saying everything they do is related to it though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 05:18 by IanBillen.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 26, 2018 06:42

Rockin’ Ronnie Wood Nashville TN bound, perhaps....
[www.tennessean.com]

“But guitarist Ronnie Wood is planning a visit next week as he finds himself in Nashville for a few days.”

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 26, 2018 11:20

I'm guessing solo doodling which may (hopefully) result in another "Lucky Man"
Ronnie - especially a clean Ronnie - is a creative and busy guy. Long may it continue.

Date: March 26, 2018 13:12

tomcasagranda
I love Ronnie's solo stuff, though I haven't got 1234 ? Is it any good ?

However, Own Album, Now Look, Slide On This, Gimme Some Neck, Feel Like Playing, are enjoyable, and I really appreciate. I do wish Real Gone Music did a better job with the remastered twofer of Own / Look, as nary a bonus track. There must be something in the vaults there.

Yes, '1234' is a great Ronnie album; like all his solo releases. It may not contain the greatest contributions to the world's lyrical archive dept., LOL. Most tunes have Ronnie slurring like one line through the song.
And "Priceless", and "Fountain of Love" are strong Ron cuts.
However Tom, don't forget about "Not For Beginners". I always consider that the gloomy one of his albums. By all accounts he was kind of deep in the bottle at that time. But for just that reason I like the record.
And "Mahoney's Last Stand" is also very good.

Date: March 26, 2018 13:53

Hope its for recording to Nashville n not for the Exhibition.
Jeroen

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 26, 2018 14:45

It would be ironic if Ronnie were to release a new album BEFORE The Stones opus.
Meanwhile Van Morrison releases yet another album to good reviews.Likewise David Crosby.
Why have Mick and Keith dried up creatively?

Date: March 26, 2018 22:09

Yeah ..maybe its Ronnies thing to give The Glimmer Twins a kick up their arses and get the recordings for the new Stones album up to speed
Good one on ya Ronnie.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 22:12 by corriecas.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 26, 2018 23:16

Bet he’s going for this:
“Exhibitionism” will open at Nashville’s Musicians Hall of Fame on Thursday, March 29

Any southern folk going to the opening?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2018 23:41

jlowe
It would be ironic if Ronnie were to release a new album BEFORE The Stones opus.
Meanwhile Van Morrison releases yet another album to good reviews.Likewise David Crosby.

But didn't Richards relaesed a solo album just some years ago? And I guess as far as Jagger is concerned, there would have been already a Jagger solo album released hadn't he decided that a Rolling Stones album is his priority now (the quickness of his solo single shows how easily he could do things by his own.)

So the problem is not really Mick or Keith, but Mick and Keith - a kind of 'forced' colloboration none of these solo artists doesn't need to worry about. The creativity of the Stones doesn't work by the logic of solo artists.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-26 23:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 26, 2018 23:56

Doxa
jlowe

But didn't Richards relaesed a solo album just some years ago? And I guess as far as Jagger is concerned, there would have been already a Jagger solo album released hadn't he decided that a Rolling Stones album is his priority now (the quickness of his solo single shows how easily he could do things by his own.)

So the problem is not really Mick or Keith, but Mick and Keith - a kind of 'forced' colloboration none of these solo artists doesn't need to worry about. The creativity of the Stones doesn't work by the logic of solo artists.

- Doxa

Well, if Jagger and Richards are regarded (and they are usually in the TOP 10 Lists) of great composers then they should be capable of producing some credible original material on their own....and have it finished off in the studio.
Like Lennon and McCartney did.
Its not like a John/Taupin music/lyricist arrangement.
Even if you include their solo efforts (and I thought CH was/is very good) you can hardly deny their output had almost run dry.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 27, 2018 00:41

I don't think so. They're old men in their seventies. They also appear to be more comfortable working apart rather than together. They matured into different artists creatively. That's been evident for over 30 years now.

They're professionals and can work together, but it doesn't flow easily. The pressure of a final testament only adds to this. Even if the result is another going-through-the-motions effort, they're aiming higher. The fact that they're aiming at two different targets some of the time doesn't mean an enjoyable work is off the table. It may simply guarantee the continuance of the largely unheralded eclecticism that has always defined their work.

At the end of the day, it's down to if the songs are any good, the performances are any good, and the production is any good.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 27, 2018 01:03

jlowe
Doxa
jlowe

- Doxa

Well, if Jagger and Richards are regarded (and they are usually in the TOP 10 Lists) of great composers then they should be capable of producing some credible original material on their own....and have it finished off in the studio.
Like Lennon and McCartney did.
Its not like a John/Taupin music/lyricist arrangement.
Even if you include their solo efforts (and I thought CH was/is very good) you can hardly deny their output had almost run dry.

No Stones album from Mick in 13 years and counting as well as no solo album in 17 years with Dogshit In The Doorway is oddly worrying, England Lost and Gotta Get A Grip was even more worrying.
Mick managed a good effort or two with Alfie and DAG,, but very little else.
Maybe Mick's saving his 40+ demos for a solo never heard before box set release.
Can't wait. England Lost part 2, 3 and 4 the final cut extension rubberdub mixes.

I would very much welcome a solo Ronnie album in the mean time. Bring it on Ronnie, he works so fast it's incredible, all of a sudden the last Ronnie album appeared out of know where, hoping for another album of inspiration from the lucky one. smoking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 27, 2018 01:30

Heard it thru the grapevine that Ronnie's new album will be called "Songs from the Wood" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home