Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Ringtones - Help Please
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 23, 2018 22:35

I guess my request post is well out of date. Ok Tonstone has succumbed to having an Android phone. against my wishes !!.But after having listened to the bland ringtones on offer. I need to move out the box and have some Stones Ringtones . So if anyone can point me in the right direction for Stones Ringtones downloads and best sites to download from I would be grateful. My preference would be original Stones intros. and free downloads. preferred. Thanks In advance.

Re: Rolling Stones Ringtones - Help Please
Date: March 23, 2018 22:49

Just choose a Stones tune on your phone as the default ring tone.

Go to sound settings.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 24, 2018 03:06

Some years back I needed to reconcile the need to get on with decorating a room, but not missing important incoming Skype calls, and the computer was in another room.

So I edited out the main 'Whoo Whoo' section from 'Sympathy For The Devil', turned up the volume, high, and let that get my attention. I called the tone 'Ringtone For The Devil'

Great. If could easily have it on my phone (which I rarely connect to a computer for reasons made very clear in the current Farcebook denoument), then I would.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 24, 2018 03:18

I made my own ringtones and use them on my iphone.
It's been a while since I did it but it wasn't that difficult. The only complication was renaming the files with an .m4r file extension instead of .m4a
As far as I know on android devices you can use an mp3 file as a ringtone. Just go ahead and pick out a few tunes.
I used a number of Stones tunes. I even gave my ex her own ringtone: hint, it was from side 2 of Sticky Fingers. . . .

Date: March 24, 2018 09:44

You can use all formats that your phone can play as a ring tone: mp3, wav, m4a etc..

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: March 24, 2018 10:04

For me it's the beginning of Brown sugar

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:04

fanch
For me it's the beginning of Brown sugar

For many years I used that as the Windows System Startup sound, but I replaced it with something better (yikes! Better than that!).

And I've now managed to revive it after Micro$oft dumped the user option to amend the Windows Startup Sound. <grin>

My shutdown is John Lennon's remarks at the end of The Rooftop Concert.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 24, 2018 15:35

I had the same concern you did Tonstone in that the ringtones that came with my Nexus 6 Android phone were boring.

I found a free Google Store app called Ringdroid that allows you to take any music that is loaded on your phone and create a ring tone from it. Here is some info on it.

[ringdroid.en.softonic.com]

You can take any song and cut a piece from anywhere in the song to use as your ring tone and it is really easy to use.

I took Honky Tonk Woman and took the beginning of the song up to when Mick's vocals kick in so I have only Charlies and Keef's instrumental intro as my ring tone which is about 22 seconds long.

It sounds great and people now smile, instead of being annoyed, when they here my phone ring and they recognize the song. The music must be on your phone to get the snippet from for the ring tone but if you already have a lot of your music on your phone the options for creating new ring tones is almost endless.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 22:58 by oldschool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home