Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Your Stones shirts
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 22, 2018 20:52

Too many shirts..... 150 or more, Crazy, bur whatever smileys with beerthumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 22, 2018 21:29

Hairball
Speaking of self-designed t-shirts, here's one I collaborated on with someone from shidoobee back in '03.
I came up with the simple concept of a giant spliff with the tongue and the 'Stoned in Holland', while my collaborator rendered the design itself.
(It was originally supposed to be 'Stoned in The Netherlands" but due to space limitations....)
I had a small batch of apprx. 20 made up after we pitched the idea on shidoobee, and sold them to those interested at cost which was cheap!

(I see someone is currently trying to sell one on ebay for $120...eye popping smiley...do not buy it!!)

I also have a sweatshirt and mousepad I bought from the old Cafe Black and White, Leidseplein who used the Stones tongue as their logo.

Sadly, it's now closed and a trendier/fancier bar took it's place.

Another favorite is the IORR t-shirt from '06/'07...hats off to whoever designed it and thanks to bv for making it happen!

Like the Amsterdam shirt.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 22, 2018 21:55

Silver Dagger
Still have my 1982 European tour t-shirt which I got at Wembley and about 20 others I've collected since then.

I've still got that one too, think I got it at Wembley. My youngest wore it at the Raleigh show in 2015.
All told I've probably got about 50 or so shirts in various sizes (I keep growing!)
Most of them from tours/shows or the bands website.
The kids think they're cool and wear them for school.
May fave is probably the Exile "3 ball Charlie".

It used to be a Sticky Fingers shirt with the red stencilled logo and a real zip on the front, haven't seen that one for years.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 22, 2018 22:58

Exile, 3 balls
‘78 Tour Female Mao figure
Blue & Lonesome ‘71 Blue Tongue (Mick @ Desert Trip)
Stones tongue with Desert Trip inlay
2 Desert Trip T-Shirts charcoal & khaki (same as Hairball)
Tongues Urban Jungle
‘72 Tour
‘97 Texas Motor Speedway
‘02 Licks tour 3 Tongues
50th Anni Tongues
‘05 Austin Event shirt...burnt orange shirt with a white tongue and Texas Longhorns

My oldest shirt was from the ‘81 tour...bought it at the Richfield Coliseum on Nov 16th 1981...has the US flag imposed on the Tongue...the t-shirt disintegrated around the silkscreen...for years it was hanging together by threads...it finally fell completely apart 5 years ago.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:13

rattler2004
Exile, 3 balls
Tongues Urban Jungle
‘72 Tour
‘97 Texas Motor Speedway
‘02 Licks tour 3 Tongues
50th Anni Tongues
‘05 Austin Event shirt...burnt orange shirt with a white tongue and Texas Longhorns

My oldest shirt was from the ‘81 tour...bought it at the Richfield Coliseum on Nov 16th 1981...has the US flag imposed on the Tongue...the t-shirt disintegrated around the silkscreen...for years it was hanging together by threads...it finally fell completely apart 5 years ago.

How can your oldest shirt be from the '81 tour when you list the '72 and '78 tours above? I'm confused.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:18

Captain I think he means 1981 shirt the oldest/first one he bought.

I wear all mine, too, don’t preserve them for just collecting.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:31

Rough estimate: 100
I'm buying new event-shirts when I'm at a new show.
......and I always wear a IORR shirt at the show

Per Arne

(It's nice to pack a couple of IORR-shirts before you travel - then you know you're going to see a couple of shows before you go back againsmiling smiley)

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:32

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2018 23:33

rattler2004

I bought the official khaki version at one of the merch stands the first day (there was also a black version), and then a high quality charcoal bootleg for half the price in the parking lot the following day. I recognized the guy who makes and sells them as I've bought shirts from him in the past at other shows/parking lots in SoCal, though at Desert Trip he also had a couple of helpers making the rounds as those lots were massive.
Very high quality heavy cotton - better than the official -is that also where you bought the charcoal version?

Date: March 23, 2018 00:24

Bjornulf has a sideline IORR t-shirt biz in his spare time? ;-)
If he did and profitted I would buy $smoking smiley

Date: March 23, 2018 01:34

CaptainCorella
rattler2004
Exile, 3 balls
Tongues Urban Jungle
‘72 Tour
‘97 Texas Motor Speedway
‘02 Licks tour 3 Tongues
50th Anni Tongues

How can your oldest shirt be from the '81 tour when you list the '72 and '78 tours above? I'm confused.

‘72 Tour Shirt was a re-issue...was a little young to attend concerts in ‘72...my first concert was in ‘78...saw the Stones in Cleveland...didn’t get a shirt then, my ‘78 shirt is a re-issue bought from their official site.

‘81 Tour was the frost one I bought at a show

Date: March 23, 2018 01:37

Hairball
rattler2004

I bought the official khaki version at one of the merch stands the first day (there was also a black version), and then a high quality charcoal bootleg for half the price in the parking lot the following day. I recognized the guy who makes and sells them as I've bought shirts from him in the past at other shows/parking lots in SoCal, though at Desert Trip he also had a couple of helpers making the rounds as those lots were massive.
Very high quality heavy cotton - better than the official -is that also where you bought the charcoal version?

It was their officaln black one (looks more like Charcoal to me. Lol). I saw one great bootleg one, but never found where they were selling them at...went the first weekend and no one was selling anything in the parking lots other than the bicycle rickshaw rides.

Date: March 23, 2018 04:26

rattler2004
Hairball
rattler2004

It was their officaln black one (looks more like Charcoal to me. Lol). I saw one great bootleg one, but never found where they were selling them at...went the first weekend and no one was selling anything in the parking lots other than the bicycle rickshaw rides.

Ahh ok...I was thinking more of a charcoal light grey as seen in a BBQ filled with burning coals, but I suppose that would be ash grey.
Anyhow, must be a sign that it's time to light up the grill and BBQ! winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2018 04:55

I used to run the IORR SHOP which was the most non-commercial thing I have done ever. During the 80's and 90's, and even with the more recent IORR T-shirt, I had this idea that the IORR Fan Club should supply books, records, T-shirts, postcards, color vinyl and all sorts of Stones stuff at "self cost". So every time there was a new book out I bought it from the printers, may be 50-100 copies, sold them through the Stones shop, usaed the 20% - 30% margin I got to cover for postage and packing, so it was a break even non profit thing.

I did some T-shirts, same concept, paying up front for a few hundred in various sizes, printing, mailing, so much work and mind you I had three small kids and a wife that never saw me those days, because I came home from work and opened letters with orders and packet parcels at no cost, I was probably the last idealist om Mother Earth.

One of the greatest T-shirts I made was the blue one with the Keith logo on front, black silouhette drawing by Ronnie, the back said "It's Only Rock'n'Roll 1984" I think. I made a few hundred, also half a dozen sweatshirts. Some times I see fans my age wearing their Small or Medium size 1984 shirts and I am impressed about how fit they are still in their mint 1984 IORR shirts.

Then after 10 or 20 years with the non-profit Stones shop I realized I was overworked and never saw my familiy so I closed the shop down, but I do still have a room full of extras in my house. Books, records, pøosters, T-shirts from 1982 and up and so on, all mint extras. There is never time to handle it so may be I give it to charity or the Salvation Army one day, who knows, it would be bad to just dump it, but it take up space.

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 23, 2018 05:24

One of my fave official shirts is from A Bigger Bang tour. It's
orange with different size tongues in a circle winding.Havent worn much.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 23, 2018 05:25

I use the only one I have left as a backdrop.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-01 05:29 by nick.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 10:46

bv
I used to run the IORR SHOP which was the most non-commercial thing I have done ever. During the 80's and 90's, and even with the more recent IORR T-shirt, I had this idea that the IORR Fan Club should supply books, records, T-shirts, postcards, color vinyl and all sorts of Stones stuff at "self cost". So every time there was a new book out I bought it from the printers, may be 50-100 copies, sold them through the Stones shop, usaed the 20% - 30% margin I got to cover for postage and packing, so it was a break even non profit thing.

I did some T-shirts, same concept, paying up front for a few hundred in various sizes, printing, mailing, so much work and mind you I had three small kids and a wife that never saw me those days, because I came home from work and opened letters with orders and packet parcels at no cost, I was probably the last idealist om Mother Earth.

One of the greatest T-shirts I made was the blue one with the Keith logo on front, black silouhette drawing by Ronnie, the back said "It's Only Rock'n'Roll 1984" I think. I made a few hundred, also half a dozen sweatshirts. Some times I see fans my age wearing their Small or Medium size 1984 shirts and I am impressed about how fit they are still in their mint 1984 IORR shirts.

Then after 10 or 20 years with the non-profit Stones shop I realized I was overworked and never saw my familiy so I closed the shop down, but I do still have a room full of extras in my house. Books, records, pøosters, T-shirts from 1982 and up and so on, all mint extras. There is never time to handle it so may be I give it to charity or the Salvation Army one day, who knows, it would be bad to just dump it, but it take up space.

That's a shame, but fully understandable.

Would love one of those t-shirts.

Date: March 23, 2018 12:26

I would also love one of Bjornulfs IORR shirts, but only of he sells it for
$40. cash, today’s fair market price.
If it makes you feel better BV, while you’ve been servicing others with your RS time away from faimly, most the rest of us are selfishly zoned into our phones avoiding family smiling smiley

Nick what shirt is that?! And your poem from Keith??
‘Oh how it shrieks
Days turn into weeks’
(can’t see/make out the rest)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:19

The shirt is from Steel Wheels and "poem" are lyrics. It is the CD cover to Hurricane.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-01 05:31 by nick.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:24

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:26

Ive got around 50 stones shirts.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 23, 2018 22:51

bv

Don't call the Salvation Army but H & M - I think they got a new one out for the ladies right now.

But what I really would like to mention here is the quality of the Shirts! My wife hates my "mint quality" 2003 US made Euro tour Shirt but likes my worn out looking Bangla Desh made 2014 German one?! I wear my Stones shirts (at least one per tour since 1982) all through the year, as underwear in the cold months and on the outside when warm.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 23, 2018 23:40

django

If you didnt buy those t-shirts you would of had better seats.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 24, 2018 13:54

odean73
bv

I would love to browse through those records...

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 24, 2018 15:10

There are over 6000 RS shirts on ebay right now.

The priciest is $6000 usd.

[www.ebay.ca]

Thanks to scanning and new printing technology, many vintage designs are now being unofficially reprinted. Some are being sold at high prices as 'original'. Buyer beware.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 15:12 by mosthigh.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 24, 2018 16:14

Decent selection of shirts here:

[www.etsy.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2018 16:48

odean73
bv
There is never time to handle it so may be I give it to charity or the Salvation Army one day, who knows, it would be bad to just dump it, but it take up space.

A one time garage sale of sorts here before donating would be fun..
Love to see the Keith shirt.

Date: March 24, 2018 18:43

spikenyc
Decent selection of shirts here:

[www.etsy.com]

Browsing through the pages, I keep seeing a "DETROIT SUCKS" t-shirt lol...

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: March 25, 2018 03:03

I specialize in collecting original, vintage Stones t-shirts from 1981 and before. I'd say I've got between 70-100 vintage shirts from back then. Original Exile & Sticky Fingers promo shirts, lots of staff only shirts from '75. A few of the rare entourage items - jackets, etc. and even the goat head sweater from '73.

Date: March 25, 2018 03:52

I have 2 RS shirts on the way to my house already (YAY)
that Etsy link I am going to pass
but there is a black velvet tounge shirt cool smiley
(killing me) I’m passing the $20. ship from Canada stopped me...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home