Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Club show
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 20, 2018 16:16

Just wondering will the boys do a club show in Dublin.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 16:23 by babyblue.

Re: Club show
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 20, 2018 16:30

No.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 20, 2018 16:33

Why not !
Who knows, it will IMO depend on where they will rehearse

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 20, 2018 16:43

Doc
Why not !

there are two days of rehearsal sheduled at the Dublin venue (May 14th and 15th), see: [www.dublincity.ie] - page 94

But that doesn't mean that all reheasals will take place in Dublin

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:16

slewan
Doc
Why not !

there are two days of rehearsal sheduled at the Dublin venue (May 14th and 15th), see: [www.dublincity.ie] - page 94

But that doesn't mean that all reheasals will take place in Dublin

Thinking those "rehearsal" days specified in application are potentially just the sound checks.. for opener and the band. If there is a club show on the agenda, Dublin would top the list as most likely I would imagine, rehearsals could be elsewhere is my bet though.

Date: March 20, 2018 17:27

If they rehearse in CityX , they may play a club gig there before taking off to Dublin

Would ba just as likely as a club show in Dublin

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:30

London The one place that deserves it....Richmond hotel style like back in the day...M

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:33

they do 2 days rehearsals at the stadium on may 14 and 15. On showday they do the soundcheck just like tge support act. Looks like the same as the rehearsals on site in Hamburg last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 17:34 by spunky.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:48

I doubt it,and if there is tons of liggers and arse lickers will have first dibs.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:50

Club show? Hope so!
Keith wants to, and according to him it's up to Mick at this point.

Can't think of a better way to kick off a new tour with all the buzz and excitement of a club show - something which was lacking for No Filter I.

Date: March 20, 2018 18:15

Hairball
Club show? Hope so!
Keith wants to, and according to him it's up to Mick at this point.

Can't think of a better way to kick off a new tour with all the buzz and excitement of a club show - something which was lacking for No Filter I.

I agree, it'salways great, but will it happen ?
I don't think that even the band knows as of today

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 20, 2018 18:29

They should play a club gig this summer and perform Some Girls in its entirety for 40th anniversary, but it's just my imagination... hot smiley

Date: March 20, 2018 18:38

franzk
They should play a club gig this summer and perform Some Girls in its entirety for 40th anniversary, but it's just my imagination... hot smiley

Excellent idea !
The whole album in the middle of the show, with Before They Make me run as last song before Keith's second song of the evening
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 20, 2018 20:04

YES

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 20, 2018 20:22

Brillant, a dream come true, if it were to happen thumbs up
I doubt it, but I will be arriving in Dublin 15th, May 2pm grinning smiley .. just in case ...

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 20, 2018 20:53

I think the rehearsals will be held in - London. Probably no club show because of Mick's voice, and if there's one then more likely in London than Dublin. But club shows before European tours didn't happen very often, 1982, 1995, 2012, that was it. (And in 1998 there was one planned in Berlin I heard.) That's 3x of 14 European (incl. 2012) "legs" after 1970. Some other were mid-tour. If they don't plan a blues concert for DVD, chances are slim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 21:08 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 20, 2018 20:55

Highly unlikely tbh.

I'd expect the rehearsals to be in London. I doubt the Stones will arrive in Dublin earlier than a few days before the gig itself.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2018 21:11

Club shows are usually decided on short notice. They don't need it as they were on tour just 6-7 months ago by the time they start rehearsing in May. The cost of a club show is more or less related to the same technical an d production crew etc as a real show, a bit scaled down still. The only reason might be to get P.R. or simply to get a great recording like they did at The Fonda.

Bjornulf

Date: March 20, 2018 21:15

bv
Club shows are usually decided on short notice. They don't need it as they were on tour just 6-7 months ago by the time they start rehearsing in May. The cost of a club show is more or less related to the same technical an d production crew etc as a real show, a bit scaled down still. The only reason might be to get P.R. or simply to get a great recording like they did at The Fonda.

I think renting a stadium is some 100x as expensive as a theatre, you also have to pay 100's of helpers. That's a big different. But you're right, they loose money with a club show. That's one of the reasons they don't do it often, and only for PR or recording reasons. There will never be a "just for fun" show were they play the whole Satanic album or something like this. Everything they do has to do with money-making (only).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 21:18 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: March 20, 2018 21:54

bv

I agree, but exactly these 2 things might do the trick. A great recording like the Fonda, and at least Keith seems to like the idea, Ronnie probably, too.
Still, I doubt, it will happen winking smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 20, 2018 21:57

Charlie doesn't like club shows (he doesn't like open air shows either)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 21:58 by slewan.

Date: March 20, 2018 22:10

slewan
Charlie doesn't like club shows (he doesn't like open air shows either)

But he likes the money.

Date: March 20, 2018 22:26

I do not know, but sometimes I feel like Charlie's attitude is also PR. He does not seem to like anything in reference to playing live with the Stones, but keeps on doing it for that many years .... Money ok, but not only. Seems the band members all have their assigned roles and play them quite well winking smiley

Sue in Spain

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 20, 2018 22:30

TornFrayedSue
I do not know, but sometimes I feel like Charlie's attitude is also PR. He does not seem to like anything in reference to playing live with the Stones, but keeps on doing it for that many years .... Money ok, but not only. Seems the band members all have their assigned roles and play them quite well winking smiley

I've never read anywhere that Charlie doesn't like playing with the Stones, only that touring gets to him. He loves to play but has to go on the road to do it. He described it as a "vicious cycle".

Date: March 20, 2018 22:35

Exactly, that's what I meant with "playing live", the tours, the shows ... Then he does it over and over again. He sure has enough money, and I would guess all the band member have string egos, so, if he would really NOT wanted to go on the road again, he wouldn't .... I am absolutely happy that he still does it. Adore Charlie smiling smiley

Sue in Spain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home