Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What's the best thing that happened to you as a result of being on IORR
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:18

The two I Feel Like Playing shows from Ronnie Wood in the Ambassadors Theatre..cause someone mentioned it here . !

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 19, 2018 01:14

In no particular order
1. Pit ticket for Paris 2
2. Appearing in the video shown before the 02 gigs
3. Meeting BV
4. Meeting other IORRers who despite suffering the same boogie disease* as me seem a thoroughly decent bunch

* Dr Ross via the Flamin' Groovies

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 19, 2018 01:59

I have not met any IORR posters yet but hopefully will at some future show here in the US.

But I have been amazed and thankful for those who put all the time and effort into sharing their bootlegs and live recordings through downloads.

I have been a Stones fan since the 60's and have read every book and magazine article I can get my hands on but I learn something new every time I come to this forum from the incredibly knowledgeable fans and insiders, like Ronnie Schneider, here and for that I thank you all.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 19, 2018 06:00

Being quoted in some English magazine (I'm in Los Angeles) about Brian's old house up for sale. Very surreal. I wouldn't have known about it if someone on IORR hadn't alerted me. And they quoted what I said on IORR.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 19, 2018 06:06

...oh yes, I almost forgot....I appeared in the short film intro to the 50 & counting tour....thanks to IORR (or I would have never known about it)

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 19, 2018 07:57

Downloads man, back in the day, I humbly contributed one show and I’d like to thank all prior posters (Urban Steel was a biggie). I have an old desktop hard drive loaded with them, incl. my Best of (poster) Cafaro that I made up.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 19, 2018 08:24

Meeting the nice people behind their nicknames, years ago: discovering 'new' bootlegs, sharing stories, music.

Date: March 19, 2018 10:53

Information, people who don't hesitate sharing their knowledge, bootlegs, news, wonderful people around the globe, hefty debates, the IORR Band.

What's not to like? smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 19, 2018 12:33

exhpart
Maindefender
My wife left me.....

That was going to happen whatever...

She asked me at breakfast this morning to tell you she’s still feeling better than ever, Maindefender.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 19, 2018 15:04

Under various names on this forum there have been memorable moments. Some real cyber melt downs. But nothing in the real world.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 19, 2018 19:28

It was on IORR that I learned that Mick Taylor would be rejoining the RS for some concerts. I felt so profoundly happy that I was in tears.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 19, 2018 20:06

- Got a ticket for Pinkpop 2014 for face value.
- Got all these links for presale and live streams...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 19, 2018 20:21

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-12 17:57 by Ladykiller.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 19, 2018 20:23

ErwinH
IORR got me into the IORR Band...

YES !!!!

and so many discussion about music and musicians and finaly meet people for real.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 19, 2018 20:58

Received a grade of A in my History of Rock up to 1970 class at the Unismiling smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 20, 2018 03:51

Some great bootlegs, the ticket for the Ronnie Wood/Mick Taylor show in NYC, & tickets for philly DC shows

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2018 04:25

shattered
Received a grade of A in my History of Rock up to 1970 class at the Unismiling smiley

I remember that, and I think this is one of the coolest things that I've ever read on this forum.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 20, 2018 04:27

A generous black dog ...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 20, 2018 04:32

Lately, having fun on the New Album thread! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 20, 2018 05:07

I met a great deal of very nice and knowledgeable people.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 20, 2018 19:01

Cristiano Radtke
shattered

I remember that, and I think this is one of the coolest things that I've ever read on this forum.

Thanks Cristiano.

Yesterday, I searched for this gem since I was gonna add it too but spiderman revived it: Re: 1792 american tour, please share your experiences

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 20, 2018 21:11

IORR is all about the people. Considering we are all relatively faceless, it is a very welcoming and generous group - with every kind of info and assistance. A bunch of you welcomed this clueless newbie years ago, taught me a ton, exposed me to various watering holes, made me laugh, and it’s still my favourite hangout. So glad to have met so many of you...the hardcore, the fans, the lunatic fringe, the band, you are a great bunch! Thanks Bjornulf for making it so.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 07:03

Randomly asking a guy to take a pic of me and my sister at the 50 And Counting concert in Vegas, and then taking one for him, and asking him if he was on any of the Stones sites, to which he said the magic word:IORR, so we all hung out together, which led to him finding our seats and exchanging contact info, which led to him offering me an $85 ticket to Anaheim the next week. We hung out and drove up the coast and got back late, just as the show was starting. We found out we got the pit!!! We walked down the stairs as the first song started. Because of this timing, we walked into the pit on Keith’s side, passed Patti at the entrance, and like the parting of the Red Sea, there was space for us—not at the back of the pit, like if we had arrived earlier— but right behind the rope of the first 3 rows. A woman saw how excited we were and invited us into the roped off area. The security said no, but the woman lifted the rope for us to come in. She stepped aside, and we were 3rd row, then later 2nd row for the show. No show can compare to that. Oh, and I waved at my friend, Mick, and he waved back! It’s even during the song IORR! You can see it on the video if you look closely. Thank you, Detlef!! And thanks to IORR, too....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 21, 2018 08:45

first and foremost some good friends....

but also complimentary hotel and ticket for vancouver 06 (thanks drb.)

the opportunity to buy a ticket at face for paris olympia 03

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home