Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Michael Caine film
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 16, 2018 08:40

See [www.theguardian.com]

Watch the trailer... several Stones clips in the trailer, so by inference in the main film.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: Stones in Michael Caine film
Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 16, 2018 11:29

Caine has become an awful old windbag.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 16, 2018 13:11

The last paragraph in the article reminds me of the most hilarious youtube video covering the same topic (link below).

<<Replace that phrase with “young people” and today’s droll commentators sound an awful lot like the purple-faced types who demanded that Mick Jagger got his hair cut and did some national service.>>

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 16, 2018 13:31

Interesting film, although of course, we have all heard it before. As the article says, most people in the 60s weren't hippies at all and pretty much lived like in previous decades (and the next), but anyway, there's a (probably over-romanticised) lustre and intensity about the 60's which is fascinating.

And, yes, that link sent in by Beast is hilarious. I think it's the best thing Bowie ever did.

Date: March 16, 2018 13:38

I thoroughly recommend this film. It's a documentary which feels like a feature film with some fantastic footage of 60's London. The soundtrack is well chosen and of course features The Beatles, Stones, Kinks, The Who etc. The Q&A with Michael Caine after the screening was also very entertaining and amusing for a man on his 85th birthday.

Date: March 16, 2018 13:53

I guess it looks okay. But yes, so many of the icons from 60's who are still kicking have become bloated windbags.
But - an anecdote: I love Steve Coogan. There is a scene in a film called "The Trip" where he and another guy are sitting at a table in a restaurant, trying to outdo each other in other people's accents and mannerisms. They discuss what it takes to do a good "Michael Caine".

PS gotta love the Tube; here is just the Caine segment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 13:55 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 16, 2018 14:20

Palace Revolution 2000
I guess it looks okay. But yes, so many of the icons from 60's who are still kicking have become bloated windbags.
But - an anecdote: I love Steve Coogan. There is a scene in a film called "The Trip" where he and another guy are sitting at a table in a restaurant, trying to outdo each other in other people's accents and mannerisms. They discuss what it takes to do a good "Michael Caine".

That's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

They also do a nice imitation of McCartney and Lennon: [www.youtube.com]

They are pretty funny.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 16, 2018 15:01

matxil
Palace Revolution 2000

That's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

They also do a nice imitation of McCartney and Lennon: [www.youtube.com]

They are pretty funny.

Here in the US, ‘The Trip’ has a 3rd installment/movie, ‘Trip to Spain’
and they riff on Mick pretty good too grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2018 13:57

Palace Revolution 2000

YES...thats one thing you can't say about Mick (becoming a bloated windbag, that is).

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 17, 2018 23:25

Well, we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, you can lean on me
Yeah, we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, you can lean on me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home