Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT March Madness NCAA
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:16

ovalvox
GO BLUE! Michigan wins in dramatic fashion. Sweet 16 for the fourth time in six years. Free throw shooting is massive in big games. Michigan made theirs down the stretch and they are one of the worst free throw shooting teams in America. The bun had a great two games but one guy can't win every game. Michigan doesn't start playing better they are going home next.

That was a great win for Michigan! Great final shot!

Fact - Free throw shooting is massive in big games.

Date: March 18, 2018 23:17

Michigan did great... but Mich St sucked... they were 10point favorites over Scuse... what bunch of posers. So much talk about how good they were, how far they could go... bracket of death... yadda yadda... and they lose to a play in team... duck of death. QUACK!

I dont care, I did pick in this game, but I had them losing to Puke... so... onto the night games

Not to take anything away from Syracuse... Jim Boeheim is a great basketball coach

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:41

Leonioid
Michigan did great... but Mich St sucked... they were 10point favorites over Scuse... what bunch of posers. So much talk about how good they were, how far they could go... bracket of death... yadda yadda... and they lose to a play in team... duck of death. QUACK!

I dont care, I did pick in this game, but I had them losing to Puke... so... onto the night games

Not to take anything away from Syracuse... Jim Boeheim is a great basketball coach

Sparty choked! Trying to chuck up threes the last 7 minutes when they had Syracuse who has zero bench, in major foul trouble. Sparty takes it to the hoop Syracuse entire starting line up fouls out. Izzo got out coached once again. Give Syracuse credit though. That 2-3 zone is designed for teams with no talent or bench like Syracuse. Duke sees this zone all the time. End of the road for the Orange.

Date: March 19, 2018 00:22

ovalvox
Leonioid

Sparty choked! Trying to chuck up threes the last 7 minutes when they had Syracuse who has zero bench, in major foul trouble. Sparty takes it to the hoop Syracuse entire starting line up fouls out. Izzo got out coached once again. Give Syracuse credit though. That 2-3 zone is designed for teams with no talent or bench like Syracuse. Duke sees this zone all the time. End of the road for the Orange.

Out coached indeed.

I especially liked Coach Boeheim's strategy, down by 3, MS in bounds... and FOUL THEM!! The most they can make is 2 and then Scuse has possession, up by 1. I have seen A LOT of coaches blow that over the years. It is not exactly simple math, but the facts have been out for years what to do.

Up by 3, under 20 seconds to go... don't even give them a chance at making a 3 to tie.

Can University of Maryland, Baltimore County take out K-State? Probably!grinning smiley Id love to see it! GO UMBC!!! Everyone's Cinderella!!! coming out of no where....What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta nowhere to knock a #1 seed, at . They are in the round 32, about 40 minutes away. They are gonna hit 2 shots and 3 shots!. Oh, They got all of that! The crowd is standing on its feet at the arena, the normally reserved crowd, going wild, for this young Cinderella team. They are are coming outta nowhere. They are going deep for 3 AND ITS GOOD!!! They got a beautiful swish shot -- that's -- oh, they got all of that one! They gotta be pleased with that. The crowd is just on its feet here. The Cinderella team, tears in their eyes, as they line up this last shot, they are down by 1, This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta nowhere. A former #64 seed and now, about to become the NCAA champions. It looks like a mirac- it's in the basket! It's in the basket!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 00:24 by Leonioid.

Date: March 19, 2018 00:49

you want to see a high seed fail ever year, just watch uva or mich st

Date: March 19, 2018 01:06

and... there... goes... the baby blues... and no one sheds are tear!

buh bye roy boys... posers!

NEXT!!!!

Date: March 19, 2018 01:23

Leonioid

NEXT!!!!

hopefully duke can keep it together. when they are on they are one of the top teams i the country

Date: March 19, 2018 01:42

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

NEXT!!!!

hopefully duke can keep it together. when they are on they are one of the top teams in the country

I have no love for them either... although I will give K his due... begrudgingly
But when it comes to BBall... I pretty much dislike the entire state of North Carolina

Date: March 19, 2018 02:14

cincinnati, another poser team, that was pathetic, just pathetic.

Date: March 19, 2018 02:16

When a supposedly good team has the ball at the end, and they can win it (or tie it) and they give the ball to a kid, and that kid gets all flustered and flusterfuks it, like that cincinn kid did, it tells all about team... facepalm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 02:17 by Leonioid.

Date: March 19, 2018 02:24

Leonioid
When a supposedly good team has the ball at the end, and they can win it (or tie it) and they give the ball to a kid, and that kid gets all flustered and flusterfuks it, like that cincinn kid did, it tells all about team... facepalm.

i agree that was pathetic

Date: March 19, 2018 05:15

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

i agree that was pathetic

Yup... just like Xavier... how the hell were those schmoes #1 seeds?
#1 seeds have players who can step the fk up and get the job done
when the game is on the line... Xavier sucked when it counted.

If a #1 seed can not reach the Sweet 16 there is something wrong.

SMH

Date: March 19, 2018 06:13

WESTFKGVIRGINIA!!
NOW THAT is how a team is supposed to play in this thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 07:51 by Leonioid.

Date: March 19, 2018 06:15

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 07:51 by Leonioid.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 19, 2018 14:21

What a horrible weekend as far as my bracket is concerned. I don't think I've ever had a year where I picked so poorly. According to ESPN I got 17.1% right. With a chance for 320 "points" per round, after two rounds I have a total of 310 and, with 1280 more points available, I can get only 440 if all of my remaining picks do just as I had planned! Out of 16 remaining teams, I have 3. Add to it, my Lady Vols got eliminated yesterday too. I still love March Madness though... This year it's pretty maddening though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 19, 2018 14:35

mr_dja
What a horrible weekend as far as my bracket is concerned. I don't think I've ever had a year where I picked so poorly. According to ESPN I got 17.1% right. With a chance for 320 "points" per round, after two rounds I have a total of 310 and, with 1280 more points available, I can get only 440 if all of my remaining picks do just as I had planned! Out of 16 remaining teams, I have 3. Add to it, my Lady Vols got eliminated yesterday too. I still love March Madness though... This year it's pretty maddening though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

yes this was a crazy year. I have 10 teams from the sweet 16 correct but most of those 10 I had losing I had losing in the sweet 16. I am missing 5 teams already from my elite 8

Date: March 23, 2018 06:17

As advertised this weekends games are off to a thrilling start!! Awesome finishes!

My South bracket was obliterated last weekend, but still it was fun to see Kstate and Loyala win like they did!! WOW!! And it is always good to see KEN lose.

I needed the Zags to win, oh well. I REALLY needed MICH to win, and they did, so my bracket is still doing OK (in tomorrows games I have 6/8 teams in it and all 4 elites 8 in the Midwest and East possible) so tomorrow is pretty important to keeping my bracket in good shape... and the games should be just as thrilling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-23 06:22 by Leonioid.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 23, 2018 06:57

I live in the middle of the Loyola community....but went to Nevada for grad school. Looks like "we" lost by one point sad smiley

Date: March 23, 2018 07:07

little queenie
I live in the middle of the Loyola community....but went to Nevada for grad school. Looks like "we" lost by one point sad smiley

No winning is a bummer, but I don't think there any losers in a 1 point game like that. It was too close... another 5 minutes... or even a minute... and you guys win.

Thata is one reason why this tournament is so much fun. In my opinion any team that makes it to the Sweet 16 is a winner! Heck just getting an over all invite is a pretty big win.

It takes so much more than just coaching and talent to win it all. I don't recall a Mens NCAA basketball team that was so dominant, so good through the year, so good in the the tournament that they could not be upset by an underdog. It is a level playing field and getting more level. It is Madness and I love it!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 23, 2018 14:39

Enjoyed the games last night and will look forward to tonight.

Re: My Bracket: I'm now down to only TWO teams remaining. The only one I had picked for last night, lost. Of course. Thanks for nothing, Gonzaga! If my bracket is any indication, putting money on Duke & KU TO LOSE might be a good bet to place tonight as I've picked both of them to win. Could be the first year that I have no bracket teams in the Elite Eight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 23, 2018 18:05

mr_dja
Enjoyed the games last night and will look forward to tonight.

Re: My Bracket: I'm now down to only TWO teams remaining. The only one I had picked for last night, lost. Of course. Thanks for nothing, Gonzaga! If my bracket is any indication, putting money on Duke & KU TO LOSE might be a good bet to place tonight as I've picked both of them to win. Could be the first year that I have no bracket teams in the Elite Eight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

But the best part, the fun part is you won by playing! By filling out a bracket!

I am serious. I know a bunch of other people who when I am talking about it siad didnt even bother to fill out a bracket this year after usually doing one... they say their team didnt make the tourney so they had no reason to do a bracket, no reason to watch, no reason to care... and they missed out on some thrilling sports!

I say if your team didnt make it IS THE BEST REASON TO FILL OUT A BRACKET. This has been a crazy tourney and to be a sports fan and not even be aware of the craziness is the only way to lose. Spending just 1/2 an hour doing a little research, seeing who made the tourney and who might do some good filling a bracket and then seeing how it goes is (I think) the funnest sports all year!

Date: March 23, 2018 21:04

March madness is the best time of the year even if duke wasn't playing

Date: March 24, 2018 01:04

keefriffhard4life
March madness is the best time of the year even if duke wasn't playing
Agreed!!! It is Basketballmass!!! I AM PUMPED UP FOR SOME FRIDAY NIGHT BBALL!!!

And the shot is up... before the buzzer!!! it hits the rim... and circles...
round and round and round the ball goes... will it drop in? Nobody knows!

Date: March 24, 2018 02:27

WOW!!!

Watching WVA vs Nova is like watching a heavy weight boxing match... remember when they used to have those? Back when Ali and Frazier or Foreman would trade body blow after body blow after body blow and keep on going... that is this game!! HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!! WOW!!!

The other game... if it was football between these schools if would be different, but as it is...

Mean while... again... these CBS half time clowns, come on, why not save money and just switch to the other game and skip over these buffoons being idiots? What was that pie nonsense? Who in the whole wide world dreamed that stupid crap up? It didn't even make sense. Over and over those clowns add nothing... they actually subtract.

-------------------
EDIT- And again I realize that in NCAA Bball I can not recognize what is a foul or which team is the foul is against. I have been watching this damned sport for 30-40 years and it is still a complete mystery what when who which team is a foul or how they decide. It is kind of crazy.

In the NFL I am really good at spotting good catches(or not), PI, offsides, false start, TD or not, etc etc. Watching it live I can see it all really well and it makes sense, but in NCAA Bball I have no freekin idea.

Goal tending is the only thing I can consistently call correctly...
but charging versus a defensive foul? I obviously have no idea.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 03:10 by Leonioid.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2018 14:31

pulling for Loyola Chicago. apparently Sister Jean has some good connections!

Date: March 25, 2018 01:49

crholmstrom

They appear to be on a Mission from God. BOOMSHAMMALAMMAJAMMASHAKALAKA!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 25, 2018 01:51

Leonioid
crholmstrom

they are treating K State in unchristian way. up by 21 with 7 minutes left

Date: March 25, 2018 03:00

crholmstrom
Leonioid
crholmstrom

they are treating K State in unchristian way. up by 21 with 7 minutes left

BUT WAIT!!! only down by 12 with 4 to go!!!
Can they come all the way back?? Holy Moly!!!

Date: March 25, 2018 04:04

who didn't see DUKE i the elite 8?

Date: March 25, 2018 04:57

keefriffhard4life
who didn't see DUKE i the elite 8?

The only proper #1 Vs #2 game in the tourney! Coming tomorrow! Buckle up!

I had those 2 picked to play...
I will post my bracket when it is all over, no sense jinxing anything yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-25 05:02 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home