Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT March Madness NCAA
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 14, 2018 22:22

Anybody else as crazy excited for this as I am?
If you are not... you do not really need to reply... but if you are... Lets PARTY!!!

Maybe it is Olympics withdrawal or something, but I am really excited for this to get going tomorrow!

I think this is the best sporting event of the year.
If you are a casual fan, be sure to fill out a bracket.

It is almost too easy to set up a bracket! These automatically updating online brackets make it so simple too keep track of all of the games. Bunches of websites offer free games. I have zero optimism I can win anything, but I love playing along! I usually am in the top 10% after the first round... fall to the bottom 40% after the second round and have crashed and burned by the time it is all over. I think it is because I pick the first round with my head... and pick the rest with my heart and hate.

Anyway... I AM READY FOR SOME NCAA BBALL!!!

Re: OT March Madness NCAA
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 14, 2018 22:47

I'm with you, Leonioid. In the past I used to take Thursday & Friday of this week off from work so I could watch basketball with my Mom for four straight days as well as going to a few of the women's games which were hosted here in Knoxville. I was trying to get home to watch the games at Mom's house this year but couldn't get the time away from work.

I watched the two "first four" games last night and fully plan on watching the other two tonight. From noon on Thursday I'll be worthless to my office. March Madness is without a doubt my favorite sporting "event". Even above the Olympics.

My band has a gig on Saturday and, assuming Tennessee makes it past the 1st round, our load-in and sound-check are both TBA depending on game-time! It's important to have priorities.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 15, 2018 00:04

Alright Mr DJA!! That makes 2 of us cool smiley

I missed the games last night, but I do like the new name "The first 4"...
although... those poor teams, they are chum. It would be brutal to have my team be one of those sacrificial lambs. I am not sure if I would rather have my team be first to lose in the NCAA or go deep in the NIT... neither is much fun as having a good team either way.

I like your Tennessee chances, although there are no easy brackets or easy wins in this madness.

Good luck Skill to your team Mr DJA!! Get that ball in the hoop!! This is gonna be fun!!!

I am tingling in anticipation from the buzzer beaters/bracket busters already!

Date: March 15, 2018 01:26

Go San Diego State Aztecs!!!!!!!

Scotty
Irvine, CA

Date: March 15, 2018 02:37

[email protected]

Scotty
Irvine, CA

Hey Scotty, I will get on board that pick!!!
Houston U is only a 4 pt fav... could be a nice 11 seed upset!!

I am making my list... and now checking it twice... it is BBALLMAS EVE!!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ovalvox ()
Date: March 15, 2018 02:58

Go Blue! Michigan Wolverines are the hottest team entering the tournament. Got my brackets ready.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 15, 2018 03:01

Saint Bona Brown Indians beat UCLA for Bob Lanier.

Date: March 15, 2018 05:08

Scuse 55 57 - AZ ST 52 54 56
15 seconds to go
30 seconds to go
with a minute to go in the late game!!!!
Get it while the getting good!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 05:12 by Leonioid.

Date: March 15, 2018 05:16

Madness... sheer madness!!

Date: March 15, 2018 14:27

some good games this weekend already

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 15, 2018 17:56

always fun! and if youre in an 'office pool', as I am, you could win some $$

Date: March 15, 2018 18:33

keefriffhard4life
Lat night was a great finish... so brutal for the non-winner, especially being (supposed) 11 seeds. I don't quite understand why they would brutalize 11 seeds like that. 14-15 seeds yeah... but 11s? But it did make for a good game

Date: March 15, 2018 18:38

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Lat night was a great finish... so brutal for the non-winner, especially being (supposed) 11 seeds. I don't quite understand why they would brutalize 11 seeds like that. 14-15 seeds yeah... but 11s? But it did make for a good game

there is some rule about seeding . something like at large bid teams will be no lower than an 11 seed or something like that. that's why the last 4 at large bid teams always are 11 seeds and have to play those opening round games

Date: March 15, 2018 18:38

duke richardson
always fun! and if youre in an 'office pool', as I am, you could win some $$

Good luck in your office pool Duke!
I used to put in 10-20 bucks when I had an office... but I am hesitant to trust these online "send us money by paypal and trust us to pay you if you win guys" grinning smiley...

plus the fact I have never won in my life. It usually goes for me that I will be in the upper 80-90% at the end of this Sunday... and in the bottom 30% at the end of the Sweet 16 the following Sunday. My heart and dislike for certain schools (who often do well) always blows my bracket. BUT IT SURE IS FUN TO PLAY!

Good luck everyone on you brackets!!! and good skill to your favorite team!

Date: March 15, 2018 18:40

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

there is some rule about seeding . something like at large bid teams will be no lower than an 11 seed or something like that. that's why the last 4 at large bid teams always are 11 seeds and have to play those opening round games

ah, that makes sense, thanks.

Date: March 15, 2018 19:25

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

ah, that makes sense, thanks.

Until the other day, I never knew what the criteria was for the "First Four" games. Turns out, as mentioned above, it's the four lowest rated "at large teams" and the lowest four "automatic qualifiers" who have to play one additional game to get in the 64 team field.

Peace,
Mr, DJA

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 15, 2018 20:01

Rooting for Villanova Wildcats. My hometown team. Plus wifey went to 'Nova Law School. Hope for Final Four but at least Sweet 16.

HBK

Date: March 15, 2018 20:04

HouseBoyKnows
Rooting for Villanova Wildcats. My hometown team. Plus wifey went to 'Nova Law School. Hope for Final Four but at least Sweet 16.

HBK

lots of people have picked them as National Champions !

Date: March 15, 2018 20:25

Rooting for the Wildcats gives one the most chances to win it all smileys with beer
Half the teams in this years tourney have Wildcats as their mascot grinning smiley

Date: March 15, 2018 20:54

mr_dja
.... assuming Tennessee makes it ...

2 words describe the Vols first game>>>> HULK SMASH!!!

As OU falls to RI in OT... AN EPITOME MARCH MADNESS GAME

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 20:57 by Leonioid.

Date: March 15, 2018 21:01

Leonioid
mr_dja

I'm a happy camper so far! I had URI picked in my bracket and couldn't believe that Okla was going to blow me up in the 1st game! Thank you URI! My bracket's still good! Now if I good just get Gonzaga and KU to open up a bit of a lead, I might get some work done this afternoon!

Peace,

Date: March 15, 2018 21:21

mr_dja
Leonioid
mr_dja

I'm a happy camper so far! I had URI picked in my bracket and couldn't believe that Okla was going to blow me up in the 1st game! Thank you URI! My bracket's still good! Now if I good just get Gonzaga and KU to open up a bit of a lead, I might get some work done this afternoon!

Peace,

The committee knew exactly what they were doing making Penn a #16 and the Jayhawks a #1... both inaccurate seedings. Penn is one of the best 3point defenders while also being a hot (one of the best) 3 point shooting team... even if they suck at free throwws... they should be a #10 seed... and KU based on rankings should have been a #2... maybe 3.... BUT...

The committee knows the crowd screams for blood and is jonesing for the first #1 to fall to a #16... and many say today is the day... but I don't think Bill Self and his kids will let that happen... but... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!! IT IS MADNESS.... it really is!

Buy the whole seat... but you will only need the edge.... and many beerssmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 21:21 by Leonioid.

Date: March 15, 2018 21:39

mr_dja
Leonioid
mr_dja

Peace,

i had Oklahoma. grinning smiley

Date: March 16, 2018 00:30

duke richardson
mr_dja
Leonioid
mr_dja

Peace,

i had Oklahoma. grinning smiley

Me too... but I got all the rest correct 6/7 so far... COME ON SETON HALL!!
Its been a close one.... too close... but with 4 to go it is 79 - 70 SH leads
with 3 to go it is 82 - 75 SH leads... eye popping smiley Ceye popping smileyME eye popping smileyN SETeye popping smileyN HALL!!

2 TO GO 84-77

6/7 was pretty easy to do, no real surprises

I doubt OU losing will hurt anyone too much... unless they had Puke losing to them in the next round, which I doubt many did

8 more games on tap for tonight!!! BBALLMAS CONTINUES!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 00:40 by Leonioid.

Date: March 16, 2018 01:03

I picked Kentucky tonight, but I would love to see Davidson beat em...
but either way... it is a GUARANTEED WILDCATS WIN!!!
There are so many wildcats in this thing... MEOW!!

Date: March 16, 2018 01:43

Leonioid
mr_dja

not madness to me. the sooners should have never been in the tourney.

Date: March 16, 2018 01:49

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
mr_dja

not madness to me. the sooners should have never been in the tourney.

not madness that they lost...
madness of the closeness of the game at the end... and then tied... then overtime!!!

It is crazy fun and exciting to watch

Date: March 16, 2018 02:11

Leonioid
[email protected]

Scotty
Irvine, CA

I am making my list... and now checking it twice... it is BBALLMAS EVE!!smiling bouncing smiley

My book gave Houston 4.5 points. I'll took that with $100. Always bet the underdog and take the points in the first round. Look for the small schools to upset the big name schools. They're hungry and looking for blood. Watching it right now.

Scotty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 02:12 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Date: March 16, 2018 02:54

[email protected]
Leonioid
[email protected]

Scotty
Irvine, CA

My book gave Houston 4.5 points. I'll took that with $100. Always bet the underdog and take the points in the first round. Look for the small schools to upset the big name schools. They're hungry and looking for blood. Watching it right now.

Scotty

Hopefully you mean they are taking 4.5 away from Houston... and that seems like a good bet to me. I would take points all day (as many as possible) in BBall but I would never give more than 3-4 to any team... the game is just too crazy. Too many times it comes down to the last shot.

Good luck in the second half!!!

Date: March 16, 2018 02:57

and... ITZ A CATFIGHT IN BOISE!!!
Wildcats up by only 3 with only 3 to go!! WOW!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home