Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: ticket sales 2018
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:15

"I would rather see the Stones in a half full stadiums than sitting in a pub looking into a half empty beer glass, if those were my only options. But they are not".

So, BV, you are going to see the Stones in another 14 packed stadiums and the only question is how many full beer glasses could you drink up during these magical evenings...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:39

From the very first thread on a potential UK tour, many were rightfully speculating on whether the UK could support so many shows in such close proximity to each other.
No shocker that it may be more challenging to fill the stadiums than on other tours. But the fact that they held back a few shows until they analyzed the sales and then added a couple new,while not going ahead with a couple potential second shows at same venues, makes it more likely (to me) that they know exactly what they're doing and most shows will be technical sell outs by show time.
Just like always.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:56

if they don't sell out it's not my fault (I bought tickets for five shows)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:17

slewan

winking smiley
Mine either.
Including Lucky Dips, I'm sitting on 6 tickets for 4 shows and I'm traveling solo. cool smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:26

MisterDDDD
slewan

winking smiley
Mine either.
Including Lucky Dips, I'm sitting on 6 tickets for 4 shows and I'm traveling solo. cool smiley[/quot[/b]e

Does this mean that on two of these four occasions you are hoping to get lucky and pull winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 20:29 by keithsman.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:27

MisterDDDD
From the very first thread on a potential UK tour, many were rightfully speculating on whether the UK could support so many shows in such close proximity to each other.
No shocker that it may be more challenging to fill the stadiums than on other tours. But the fact that they held back a few shows until they analyzed the sales and then added a couple new,while not going ahead with a couple potential second shows at same venues, makes it more likely (to me) that they know exactly what they're doing and most shows will be technical sell outs by show time.
Just like always.

I know most shows are sell-outs since 2012. But it wasn't always professionally planned as nowadays. Maybe half of the 2007 concerts were far from being sold out, also many shows 2003 and 2006. And maybe they overdo it again this year (too many shows considering these prices) - we'll see. To be honest: it doesn't look good, but personally I had no problem if many Thousands of tickets for Berlin or Prague were still available on showday. Because I could get a reasonable ticket for 100 Euro then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 20:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 31, 2018 22:57

Without insider knowledge it’s all guess work really. The only thing we are sure of is there are more than six tickets available in most price bands. We’ve no idea really if it’s 6, 600 or 6000 in each price band but def more than 6 (max axs search) so not a lot of point stressing really :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-31 22:58 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2018 00:12

keithsman
MisterDDDD
slewan

winking smiley
Mine either.
Including Lucky Dips, I'm sitting on 6 tickets for 4 shows and I'm traveling solo. cool smiley[/quot[/b]e

Does this mean that on two of these four occasions you are hoping to get lucky and pull winking smiley

Probably offering Stones on a dating site. "Hot Stuff" before and after concert.... maybe a hot-dog...smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2018 02:22

mtaylor
keithsman
MisterDDDD
slewan

winking smiley
Mine either.

Probably offering Stones on a dating site. "Hot Stuff" before and after concert.... maybe a hot-dog...smileys with beer
*Cancel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-01 02:38 by 35love.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 1, 2018 05:00

They are guaranteed their fee for each show , ticket sales are not their problem.

Re: Murrayfield GA was showing sold out and now they are available again , same with the cheap tickets in higher tiers.

Who knows why, ticketbastard and AX play games to generate sales.

I do know Scotland out doors events especially in the central belt a lot of people leave it till the last minute to decide what they do with the weekend.

Stones will be there and so will I and that`s all that matters smoking smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 2, 2018 16:39

35love
mtaylor
keithsman
MisterDDDD
slewan

winking smiley
Mine either.

*Cancel
All 9 sections at Murrayfield still available

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2018 19:44

"All 9 sections at Murrayfield still available"

Wow, they're going to have to start having massive price drops soon, as well as giving them away for free on radio station contests, etc.

Date: April 2, 2018 20:10

BV can you give any more hints about the MSG Shows. You mentioned they could be in about 6 months. Is that from when you posted it or 6 months from the end of this tour?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 2, 2018 20:37

Hairball
"All 9 sections at Murrayfield still available"

Wow, they're going to have to start having massive price drops soon, as well as giving them away for free on radio station contests, etc.

Unlike the Eventim sale in Germany you can't see how many tickets are actually available in each price band - an extreme example but if there are more than six available it'll show as available. as to whether there are thousands unsold or a handfull per band is anyone's guess. Been keeping an eye on old trafford. Almost 'sold out' one or two price bands available, then all except 60 quid tickets available again. Interestingly, the most expensive tickets (179 quid) are now sold out. Make of that what you will, but nobody really knows the sale figures until show time

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 2, 2018 20:51

maxx
They are guaranteed their fee for each show , ticket sales are not their problem.

Re: Murrayfield GA was showing sold out and now they are available again , same with the cheap tickets in higher tiers.

Who knows why, ticketbastard and AX play games to generate sales.

I do know Scotland out doors events especially in the central belt a lot of people leave it till the last minute to decide what they do with the weekend.

Stones will be there and so will I and that`s all that matters smoking smiley

Nice post Maxx - I think you are right - cometh the time and cometh the hour as the event approaches Tickets will sell - It 's all about promoters pitching their price correct - Today I was able to buy another 2 for Murrayfield Edinburgh using an old booking reference but by changing my card payment details to another card. As you say the Stones don't care they request their fee for each show and it is up to the promoters to recoup and profit. Also promoters need to be more active and spend some money to advertise the shows locally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-02 20:56 by Tonstone.

Date: April 3, 2018 12:11

found this on ticketmaster

coventry seats look to have sold ok if this is to be believed

[www1.ticketmaster.co.uk]

coventry tickets availability

click on the plus sign to reveal seats available

if i could work out how to paste a screen grab i would

Date: April 3, 2018 12:12

Posted by: belld ()
Date: May 9, 2018 16:45

belld
Methinks the citizens of the UK fell out of love with the Stones years ago. They are significantly less appreciated and marginalised compared with their reputation in most European countries.
Checked AXS Edinburgh has 10 sections and all 10 still readily available. They should have sold 1 night at Glasgow Hydro and continued with 2nd night if sales favourable.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2018 17:04

even I have problems selling a spare lucky dip ticket for Dublin
=> [iorr.org]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:54

belld
belld
Methinks the citizens of the UK fell out of love with the Stones years ago. They are significantly less appreciated and marginalised compared with their reputation in most European countries.
Checked AXS Edinburgh has 10 sections and all 10 still readily available. They should have sold 1 night at Glasgow Hydro and continued with 2nd night if sales favourable.
ANS

Maybe UK 'Fans' are just more discerning than their European counterparts.
And don't want to spend a lot of dosh seeing pretty much the same show for the umpteenth time?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home