Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ticket sales 2018
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 15, 2018 15:31

Harlem Shuffler
If ticket sales are bad why have they added two more shows?

Surely that says it all...doesn't it?

Date: March 15, 2018 15:50

Harlem Shuffler
Harlem Shuffler

The «spread the risk-strategy»?

No, of course the tour will sell out as usual smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Harlem Shuffler
Harlem Shuffler

The «spread the risk-strategy»?

No, of course the tour will sell out as usual smiling smiley

The venues will be (more or less) full by showtime as usual winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 16:05 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 15, 2018 22:20

Syrel, according to the particular source, B&L was the 6th best selling album of 2016, worldwide. The album have been a big global commercial success, not only in the UK. I suppose it have sold about 2,3 million copies so far, which is fantastic number, by the current measures of the music industry/level of sales.

[www.statista.com]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 15, 2018 22:24

laertisflash
Syrel, according to the particular source, B&L was the 6th best selling album of 2016, worldwide. The album have been a big global commercial success, not only in the UK. I suppose it have sold about 2,3 million copies so far, which is fantastic number, by the current measures of the music industry/level of sales.

[www.statista.com]

Thanks, but subscription only sad smiley Will look to see if my university has access

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 16, 2018 00:00

Now Murrayfield showing only 2 sections sold out 7 sections available including GA Pitch. Why?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 16, 2018 00:09

syrel
georgelicks
B&L has sold 337,000 copies in the UK so far, certified Platinum, their best selling studio album in the UK since Tattoo You.

Do you have a source for that? (not that I don't believe you, it's just I keep records of stuff like this, so it would be useful to have source).

syrel

B&L at #17 on 2016 UK's year end chart
[www.officialcharts.com]

B&L at #97 on 2017 UK's year end chart with 335,000 copies sold as of Dec 31, 2017.
[www.officialcharts.com]
[www.buzzjack.com]

IFPI's 2017 annual report with B&L at #6 with 1.8 million copies sold worldwide as of December 31, 2016 (go to page 9 on the pdf archive)
[www.ifpi.org]

And...
Here you have a great summary, album by album, singles and videos of all Stones releases up to December 2016, 64 pages of data.
[chartmasters.org]

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 16, 2018 10:36

thanks georgelicks

Date: March 17, 2018 11:56

Sales for Cardiff 3 sections sold out 8 sections available including GA.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2018 12:09

Since all of this is subjective I can safely say that the tour is not selling very well. Why? Because I haven't purchased any tickets yet... It looks like that Mick and co. have noticed this, and tried to wake my interest by adding another concerts, but sorry guys, you need to do better than that...

- Doxa

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: March 17, 2018 13:16

Doxa
Since all of this is subjective I can safely say that the tour is not selling very well. Why? Because I haven't purchased any tickets yet... It looks like that Mick and co. have noticed this, and tried to wake my interest by adding another concerts, but sorry guys, you need to do better than that...

- Doxa

...thats also my opinion - thank you Doxa!

Date: March 29, 2018 20:49

belld
Now Murrayfield showing only 2 sections sold out 7 sections available including GA Pitch. Why?
Official site now saying all 9 sections available????

Date: March 29, 2018 20:58

belld
belld
Official site now saying all 9 sections available????
London first date 1 section sold out 9 sections available.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 29, 2018 21:05

Stuttgart and Berlin have added quite a few sections the last day(s).

TE
Oslo

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 29, 2018 22:21

TE
Stuttgart and Berlin have added quite a few sections the last day(s).

TE
Oslo

right but watch out: The blue seats are obstructed view seats (behind the main light towers)

Date: March 29, 2018 22:26

I am pretty sure they will sell allright. My feelng is they will sell out 50 percent of the uk shows (and the rest for 90%) and that only berlin might be a real problem. Somehow the second consequetive year in a country seems to be difficould, maybe because it is not so special anymore.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 29, 2018 22:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I am pretty sure they will sell allright. My feelng is they will sell out 50 percent of the uk shows (and the rest for 90%) and that only berlin might be a real problem. Somehow the second consequetive year in a country seems to be difficould, maybe because it is not so special anymore.

Only 50% ?
Would that be a breakeven, profit wise?

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 29, 2018 23:41

For Dublin neither Pit nor GC are available, only in VIP or Platinum packages. GA and seats all over the stadium are available at the same price as 23rd, March, when the sale started.

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Date: March 29, 2018 23:49

"I am pretty sure they will sell all right. My feeling is they will sell out 50 percent of the UK shows..."

PaintMonkeyManBlack, what exactly do you predict?

(A) That the Stones will sell out 4 UK gigs (50% of the total number of shows, there)? And the others will be close enough or very close to sellout? Maybe...

(cool smiley That the Stones will have an average attendance 50%, as for all the UK gigs?
No way. This would be a disaster, but it cannot happen. As we know, their most troublesome tour was 2006-07 round (a rescheduled one, with so much frustration, angry people, summer plans in vain, etc). And then, the worst percentage was 68%, at Berlin (2006).

My feeling is they will play in filled stadiums, once again...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 29, 2018 23:56

The law of diminishing returns could apply to the tour. Maybe.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 30, 2018 01:16

I wouldn't pay $300 for a stadium show ticket where you are just watching TV and looking at little ants on the stage. I see that this tour is all stadiums and I wonder if it is seriously the last gasp.

I always preferred arena shows anyways with 20,000 people max. I think the boys could pull off a short arena tour in the US if they wanted to.

And I am still hoping that they call it quits with a show at Royal Albert Hall.

Date: March 30, 2018 11:54

jlowe
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Only 50% ?
Would that be a breakeven, profit wise?

Sell out 50% of the gigs, not of all the places.

So half the shows 100% sellout, the rest 90%. With maybe one gig selling worse. In the UK.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 12:38

I remember a time when to get a UK ticket to see the Stones in 90' 95' 99' 03' would mean ringing the ticket line the second they opened, then waiting in line for an hour to be finally told you had a ticket or that all the tickets were sold.

They used to sell out complete UK tours in hours, times have changed.

The only way to get a ticket if they were all sold out for a particular show would be to buy a package deal that included travel and hotel stay.

I think they are charging perhaps a wee bit too much these days for the best tickets, after all they are past their best due to their ages.
I have a feeling there will be some bargain tickets to be had days before showtime, might pick me up a couple more tickets at the last minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 12:46 by keithsman.

Date: March 30, 2018 12:52

Different prices then. And completely different selling policy. BTW, if memory helps, Twicks 2 was not completely sold out in 2003.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 13:42

laertisflash
Different prices then. And completely different selling policy. BTW, if memory helps, Twicks 2 was not completely sold out in 2003.

Yeah sure, my experience was getting tickets for the first Twicks show and that one sold out in hours.

I think the cheap tickets on this tour are very reasonable

Posted by: terry ()
Date: March 30, 2018 16:14

I think they have gone a tad to far with the prices, especially with the gold circle tickets.
Even me who's been a hard core fan since I was 12yr, think they have pushed it to far with the prices.
And my friends who would like to go, will not entertain those prices, as they say they would rather have a nice holiday.
Also I still think the stones should at least of put out a single to go with the tour.
Having a new album out to compliment the tour helps, its good business and the stones know that.
But alas that's not going to happen sadly.
If the ticket sales are going slow, then why don't they adopt what the supermarkets do, and do a buy one get one free ticket...lol.
I'm going to Southampton with my daughter and son in law, and that's cost me £800, and I will also go to a couple more shows by myself and get pit tickets, so that will be another 6 to 800 quid.
I can't say I'm happy to pay that, but I just have to go.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 30, 2018 16:52

The Stones are being offered much money, and at the end, the fans are paying the price. The price differences from 1 counrty to another are very impressive though

I don't hink the Stones will play for less in France than in Germany, so where's the difference going ?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 30, 2018 17:48

Doc
The Stones are being offered much money, and at the end, the fans are paying the price. The price differences from 1 counrty to another are very impressive though

I don't hink the Stones will play for less in France than in Germany, so where's the difference going ?

on the one hand ticket prices reflect buying power, on the other hand it's a matter of national taxes. In Germany taxes for international artist are relatively high and have to be paid in advance (if I remember correctly)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2018 18:29

There is always this guy in the pub who is looking down into his beer glass and stating it is half empty. While some see problems and depression, I see opportunities.

If a show is sold out or not, who cares? By the way, all shows have been packed and sold out for years, if they are 99.6% or 99.9% sold out does not really matter to me. They are still 100% sold out.

I would rather see the Stones in a half full stadiums than sitting in a pub looking into a half empty beer glass, if those were my only options. But they are not.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 30, 2018 19:14

I agree with you Bv.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home