Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT : R.I.P Stephen Hawking
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 14, 2018 06:10

Re: OT : R.I.P Stephen Hawking
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:01

WHAT a mind! RIP to a true original, and an obvious genius! If anyone can file a report from the "other side", Hawking can!

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:15

RIP to a true genius:

STEPHEN HAWKING: How to build a time machine

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:34

Yes. A genius. R.I.P.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:54

R.I.P. Stephen Hawking.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 14, 2018 08:45

He is with the universe now...

But how did he live so long with Lou Gehrig's disease, when Gehrig didn't even make it to his forties?

The mysteries of the universe...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2018 08:52

He loved Marilyn Monroe

RIP......... Safe Journey Mr Hawking

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 14, 2018 09:03

What a genius! RIP MR Hawking

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 14, 2018 10:12

RIP

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2018 11:15

stonehearted
He is with the universe now...

But how did he live so long with Lou Gehrig's disease

Don't associate a genius with the name of a sportsman, that's gross. Say "Stephen Hawking had Charcot disease". That's more classy! grinning smiley

Date: March 14, 2018 11:39

Time waits for no one, not even for Stephen Hawking. RiP †

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 14, 2018 11:39

bitusa2012
WHAT a mind! RIP to a true original, and an obvious genius! If anyone can file a report from the "other side", Hawking can!

thumbs up

That any of us mere mortals should have been blessed with mere fraction of what he had. As you say ... WHAT a mind !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 14, 2018 11:44

We were lucky enough to live in his times. Thanks to him for sharing his wisdom and trying to make the world a better place. R.I.P.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:36

Was he a Stones' fan?

Worryingly though he said that humans need to get off the Earth and find somewhere else to live within 200 years.

RIP Mr Hawking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 12:38 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:51

Oh, damn. Such a great loss. RIP.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:51

R.I.P. Truly a genius .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 14, 2018 12:53

Appropriately, he passed on Pi-day.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:04

RIP Stephen Hawking, he wasn't supposed to reach 30 years of age and he gets to 76.
That's the power of the mind.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:30

His last message:

Stephen Hawking

... look up to the stars ...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:30

Silver Dagger

Worryingly though he said that humans need to get off the Earth and find somewhere else to live within 200 years.

Because of such statements I personally find Stephen Hawking overrated.

IMHO the mankind could live nearly 2 billion further years on this Earth (until the sun starts to 'fade away') if they keep peace and leave the environment intact.

Nevertheless: RIP Mr. Hawking.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 14:36

RIP, Mr. Hawking.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:03

bitusa2012

He didn't believe in it, but if he's proven wrong, I'm sure he'll find a way to do that.thumbs up

RIP to a truly extraordinary and inspirational human being, whose place in history is assured.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:14

I take a middle-ground on this. The death of any person is sad. I have no knowledge of Black Holes, Physics or even basic Maths. More pertinently I have no interest in those subjects whatsoever. Prof Hawking did provide me with a brilliant moment of humour a few years ago during Comic Relief when he morphed in to a Transformer. Class.

A Brief History of Time is a best-seller but Stats show 90% of bods who actually bought it never even read it. Bit like Catcher in the Rye or Dark Side of the Moon. A 'must have' to leave lying on the coffee table.
This world is full of idiots. Get back to yer caves. Hawking would concur with that I'm sure. Pretentious? Moi?! See you in London 22/5/18.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:17

“Keeping an active mind has been vital to my survival, as has maintaining a sense of humor,”

Words to live by. RIP

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:22

Irix
Silver Dagger

IMHO the mankind could live nearly 2 billion further years on this Earth (until the sun starts to 'fade away') if they keep peace and leave the environment intact.

With the earth's population doubling every 50 years (give or take), i find it hard to imagine there will be enough resources left to make life on earth worth living in another 200 years, especially for us homo-sapiens.
For that reason alone i think Hawking has it just about right with his prediction.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:28

stone4ever
Irix
Silver Dagger

With the earth's population doubling every 50 years (give or take), i find it hard to imagine there will be enough resources left to make life on earth worth living in another 200 years, especially for us homo-sapiens.
For that reason alone i think Hawking has it just about right with his prediction.

Fully agree.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:42

"
Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.
Try to make sense of what you see and about what makes the universe exist.
Be curious.
And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at.
It matters that you don’t just give up.

"

Stephen Hawking

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:48

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 12:21 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:50

stone4ever

With the earth's population doubling every 50 years (give or take), i find it hard to imagine there will be enough resources left to make life on earth worth living in another 200 years, especially for us homo-sapiens. For that reason alone i think Hawking has it just about right with his prediction.

Yes, agreed - but maybe it would have been nice if Stephen Hawking had also found a solution for this issue.

- - - -

Here's btw the correct quote of his statement:

"I believe that the long-term future of the human race must be in space," Hawking tells Big Think. "It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million. The human race shouldn't have all its eggs in one basket, or on one planet. Let's hope we can avoid dropping the basket until we have spread the load." - [bigthink.com]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:57

With the earth's population doubling every 50 years (give or take), i find it hard to imagine there will be enough resources left to make life on earth worth living in another 200 years, especially for us homo-sapiens

Mr Hawking is very correct about this.

But hopefully the colonization of Mars and other place will help with this. So, if they could go ahead and get that done... and if all the people who I don't get along with could get themselves to Mars... that would be greeeeeat.smoking smiley

RIP Mr Hawking, Thank you for your ideas.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home