Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Coventry England UK travel and show info
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:31

I guess a pub/meeting place close to Coventry Train Station would be convenient for most, as the shuttle buses (and taxis) are leaving to the venue from there? And fans coming in with trains from London and Birmingham will arrive at Coventry Train Station.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:53

Anyone have links to any stage building photos ? I'm hoping for the same floorplan and setup as Southampton, which is almost identical in capacity.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: May 31, 2018 15:56

The Worst.
I guess a pub/meeting place close to Coventry Train Station would be convenient for most, as the shuttle buses (and taxis) are leaving to the venue from there? And fans coming in with trains from London and Birmingham will arrive at Coventry Train Station.

The green room (bar in the Ricoh has sh from 12:30 and live band until 3pm free entry for ticket holders to the gig - might be a shout meeting here?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:06

Still no tix and no answer fro!m AXS

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:07

Juniorjackflash
The Worst.

The green room (bar in the Ricoh has sh from 12:30 and live band until 3pm free entry for ticket holders to the gig - might be a shout meeting here?

Yes, absolutely!

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:33

leteyer

go to the box office....

Date: May 31, 2018 16:37

justeillusion
leteyer

go to the box office....

Yes I woulld like them to tell me at least that.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: May 31, 2018 16:59

leteyer
justeillusion
leteyer

go to the box office....

I phoned to find out. AXS reimbursed me the mail costs. If I had not called I would not have known.

Hi Eric,

To ensure you will receive your tickets in order in time for the event we are unable to send them in the post as originally requested. Your tickets will instead be available for collection at the venue's Box Office on the night of the event.

Please note that you will need to bring your order confirmation and a valid photo ID (passport, driver's licence) to collect your tickets, as they will be under your name.

Your order for Twickenham is still awaiting dispatch and your tickets for Edinburgh have been dispatched.

Kind regards,
Agnes P
Contact Centre Assistant – AXS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 17:03 by justeillusion.

Date: May 31, 2018 17:13

justeillusion
leteyer
justeillusion
leteyer

go to the box office....

I phoned to find out. AXS reimbursed me the mail costs. If I had not called I would not have known.

Hi Eric,

To ensure you will receive your tickets in order in time for the event we are unable to send them in the post as originally requested. Your tickets will instead be available for collection at the venue's Box Office on the night of the event.

Please note that you will need to bring your order confirmation and a valid photo ID (passport, driver's licence) to collect your tickets, as they will be under your name.

Your order for Twickenham is still awaiting dispatch and your tickets for Edinburgh have been dispatched.

Kind regards,
Agnes P
Contact Centre Assistant – AXS

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to talk to anyone and they don't reply to my emails. I hope that at least I had a mail like yours.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 17:20 by leteyer.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 31, 2018 17:30

I appreciate the work you guys have done in the above posts!!

I'm ready to head out the door in the next 2 hours to drive 3 hrs. to Detroit, for my flight tonight to Heathrow.

No tickets in hand for Coventry, I am relying on info here on IORR from the good people and great fans who have done the homework and inquired on the lack of ticket deliveries on AXS' part.

I received a refund to my card for the post on one of my orders on 10 May, and about a week later got an email instructing me to pick up my ticket for Manchester at the box office. This would have been the perfect AXS approach to all shows where they haven't followed through on their end of all fans' ticket transactions.

I emailed the staff at Ricoh Arena to see if they could shed any light on the situation for Coventry, and they kindly replied it was up to the ticket agency.

As it is, I'm cautiously optimistic that my tickets will be there Saturday night, and I have no doubt it'll be a great show by The Rolling Stones!

Thank you to all who have posted here on lack of ticket deliveries, the info is very useful for all of us!

Say Hello if you see me in a Columbus Zip Code shirt this Saturday in Coventry!

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:36

leteyer
Have you ask on Twitter? It seems working than emails or calls.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:41

I am parked in Birmingham now, which seems to be a 25 minutes train ride from Coventry. On show day afternoon I will move into my Coventry accomodation. Meanwhile I am amazed by the Birmingham canals. They say Birmingham has got 100 miles of canals, while Amsterdam have got 60 miles of canals, and Venice 26 miles.

Hopefully I don't miss much of the Coventry vibe.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:45

ladywilliam
leteyer

Yes it works, they'll answer your question !

#axs-uk

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 31, 2018 18:45

TKinOH
I appreciate the work you guys have done in the above posts!!

I'm ready to head out the door in the next 2 hours to drive 3 hrs. to Detroit, for my flight tonight to Heathrow.

No tickets in hand for Coventry, I am relying on info here on IORR from the good people and great fans who have done the homework and inquired on the lack of ticket deliveries on AXS' part.

I received a refund to my card for the post on one of my orders on 10 May, and about a week later got an email instructing me to pick up my ticket for Manchester at the box office. This would have been the perfect AXS approach to all shows where they haven't followed through on their end of all fans' ticket transactions.

I emailed the staff at Ricoh Arena to see if they could shed any light on the situation for Coventry, and they kindly replied it was up to the ticket agency.

As it is, I'm cautiously optimistic that my tickets will be there Saturday night, and I have no doubt it'll be a great show by The Rolling Stones!

Thank you to all who have posted here on lack of ticket deliveries, the info is very useful for all of us!

Say Hello if you see me in a Columbus Zip Code shirt this Saturday in Coventry!

I hope the tickets work out for you and that the Coventry show and mood will be just like Southampton, more like an arena show than a stadium show, also with Mick talking a lot because he has been in a nearby jail or something else areound here way back in the 60's.

Bjornulf

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:13

Lien
ladywilliam
leteyer

Yes it works, they'll answer your question !

#axs-uk

Thanks for this information, I have not received my Cardiff tickets (bought in pre sale on AXS) so have emailed and now twittered them.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 31, 2018 20:00

bv
I am parked in Birmingham now, which seems to be a 25 minutes train ride from Coventry. On show day afternoon I will move into my Coventry accomodation. Meanwhile I am amazed by the Birmingham canals. They say Birmingham has got 100 miles of canals, while Amsterdam have got 60 miles of canals, and Venice 26 miles.

Welcome to my home town.

Glad you are enjoying Brum.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 31, 2018 22:20

After Southampton I can't wait for this one to come around.

Date: May 31, 2018 23:23

odean73
bv

Welcome to my home town.

Just noticed that the Reuben gallery, just off colmore row are displaying the Andy Warhol picture of Mick Jagger. The web site states original picture and signed by Mick and Andy.

The gallery is not far from Birmingham town hall.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 31, 2018 23:33

odean73
odean73
bv

Welcome to my home town.

Just noticed that the Reuben gallery, just off colmore row are displaying the Andy Warhol picture of Mick Jagger. The web site states original picture and signed by Mick and Andy.

The gallery is not far from Birmingham town hall.

*I’ve never seen this Warhol before of Mick Jagger, thank you.
[www.reubencolleyfineart.co.uk]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 1, 2018 00:01

My ticket finally arrived [Twickenham came ten days ago!]. Beyond excited!

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 1, 2018 08:30

It's @AXS_UK so underscore and NOT @AXS-UK

You have to follow them on twitter so they will send you a Direct Message!

Date: June 1, 2018 11:10

from the Coventry Telegraph:

Train travel warning issued ahead of Rolling Stones gig in Coventry

Train bosses have issued a travel warning to concert goers ahead of Saturday's Rolling Stones gig - advising passengers against taking the train.

With thousands of people expected at the Ricoh Arena for the highly anticipated gig, West Midlands Railway have warned that their services will be busier than normal between Coventry and Nuneaton.

They have advised those looking to travel from Coventry to the Ricoh Arena for the gig to catch a shuttle service from Coventry Railway Station instead - but it comes at an additional cost of £5.
However, this service is expected to be more frequent than trains to the Arena - which run just once an hour.

The service also runs through to Nuneaton , and the concert will likely impact the journey of those just passing through Arena Railway station.
West Midlands Railway posted the message on Twitter , saying: "On Sat 2 June trains are expected to be busier than normal between Cov & Nuneaton due to an event at Ricoh Arena. Customers intending to travel to Coventry Arena are recommended to travel to Cov from where frequent road shuttles will be provided to Ricoh Arena (£5 charge applies)."

Why not use the trains?

The reason that passengers are being advised against using the trains is due to the limited capacity that they carry.
One train travels between Coventry and Coventry Arena an hour, at 42 minutes past the hour. This is serviced by a one carriage Class 153 train, which can only carry 72 passengers.

Frustratingly, the station at the Arena has the capacity and facilities for up to six coach services, but West Midlands Railway do not have sufficient rolling stock to operate the station at full capacity.

Previous discussions to charter match-day or event specific services were rejected as fares generated would not cover costs.
A small number of tickets for the Rolling Stones are still available and can be purchased here.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 11:19

Tomorrow Rolling Stones birthday-celebration gig should happen in Coventry :

Ronnie Wood (June 1) 71

Charlie Watts (June 2.) 77

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 11:59 by 1962.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:01

For Dublin i received a mail where to pick up my Lucky Dips. Nothing received yet for Coventry. ?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:29

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

65,000 pints at the ready
More than 1,200 staff will be on-site at the Ricoh Arena on the day of the concert, ranging from catering staff and stewards through to safety teams and car-park attendants.

Around 65,000 pints of beer and over 4,500 burgers have also been stockpiled for Stones fans, who will also be able to relax in the venue’s first ever green room in the Ericsson Indoor Arena on the day from 12.30pm.

Train travel warning issued ahead of Rolling Stones gig in Coventry
Justine Hewitt, head of operations at the Ricoh Arena, attended the London Stadium earlier this week to get a sneak peek at the staging and wider set-up.

She said: “We will be getting the actual stage that was used for the Rolling Stones’ first gig of their UK tour at the London Stadium – it features four tall, giant screens and a wide stage for Mick Jagger to pace up and down – it is going to look amazing.

“We’re expecting more than 30,000 people inside the Ricoh Arena come next weekend, so we’d urge everyone to add extra time to their journey so they can arrive in good time.

“Just like the other venues on the Rolling Stones tour, we would urge people not to bring bags with them unless absolutely necessary to speed up entry into the venue. Bags considered bigger than an A5 piece of paper will not be allowed into the venue.

Parking at the Ricoh Arena - where, how to book, prices, opening times
“Fans who arrive early can also soak up the atmosphere in our first ever green room, which is free and open to all ticket holders and will be situated inside the Ericsson Indoor Arena on the day from 12.30pm, where fans can have food, drink and listen to a DJ and live band.

“The green room will remain open during and after the concert until 2am so fans who wish to carry on partying can do so.

“Extra tickets have been released for the concert but are limited in numbers, so we’d urge fans to purchase sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.”

To purchase tickets and see the range of hospitality packages available for Rolling Stones’ performance on Saturday, June 2 – where they will also be supported by The Specials – visit www.ricoharena.com

Any remaining tickets can also be purchased on Saturday, June 2 directly from the Ricoh Arena ticket office, which will be open from 10am until 9pm.

Key times on Saturday, June 2:
Ricoh Arena ticket office is open from 10am until 9pm

Green room opens at 12.30pm

Live DJ in the green room at 12.30pm until 1pm

Live music in the green room at 1pm until 3pm

Live DJ in the green room at 3pm until 4pm

Background music in the green room at 4pm until 10.30pm

Stadium bowl doors open at 4pm

Hospitality doors open at 5pm

Executive box doors open at 5.30pm

Entertainment starts at 6.45pm

Last entry into the stadium is at 8.45pm

Entertainment finishes at 10.30pm

Live DJ entertainment in the green room 10.30pm until 2am

Green room closes at 2am

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:46

I've come to the sad conclusion that i can't attend tomorrow's gig due to illness that i had expected to be well cleared up by now, alas it's not.

I've got FOUR lucky dips all in my name to collect along with three friends.

Tried calling AXS this morning to sort something out, couldn't get through at all.

Tried emailing and also tweeting ... still no answer

Anyone got a better telephone number than 0203 481 55 06 ?

thanks Andy

Date: June 1, 2018 14:48

andy js
I've come to the sad conclusion that i can't attend tomorrow's gig due to illness that i had expected to be well cleared up by now, alas it's not.

Tried calling AXS this morning to sort something out, couldn't get through at all.

thanks Andy

Sorry to read that, Andy.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:49

Damn, I wish I could be there.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:54

andy js

thanks Andy

Hello And, I am sorry for you. I collected the LD tickets for a friend for both london shows and sold them for him outside the stadium for face value as he couldn't attend the show. All I needed was an authoriation letter and a copy of his ID and credit card. That worked for me and I know others where it worked as well

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:55

Thanks for that mate, if i hear nothing back from AXS i'll just try that. I don't want my friends to miss out just because i'm ill.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home