Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Coventry England UK travel and show info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 27, 2018 20:48

Tropical rain storms in Brum today.

Let's hope we had all the rain for a week for Coventry next saturday.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 27, 2018 23:55

Any one staying at Coombe Abbey wanting to share a cab to/from stadium please message.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 28, 2018 13:36

Lady Jayne
Any one staying at Coombe Abbey wanting to share a cab to/from stadium please message.

I am!

Date: May 28, 2018 17:59

Glam Descendant
Lady Jayne

I am!

ladyjayne@gmx.co.uk if you want to share a cab!

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:18

It's @axs_uk and not @axs-uk

Date: May 29, 2018 02:03

Hi All, anyone still waiting for the tickets?

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 29, 2018 02:44

ihopeyouguessmyname

I am, I mean, I would be, if I knew they'd arrive at my door in the US before I depart Thursday...

As it is, I imagine I'll be going to the ticket collection window before the gig.

At least I received an email from AXS about picking up my ticket for Manchester at the box office. Feel like the same applies to Coventry, but no word on that, just the original transaction where I paid for international mail delivery.

Luckily, I love The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: May 29, 2018 03:17

Still waiting for the tickets.
Have a refund for the mail on my account on the May 10th. (Probably Coventry)
Not a word from AXS
And whwn I ordered the tickets I got a confirmation for good seats, when I got the mail 5 minutes later it was other seats. No answer by mail and when I called them they said: We don't do mistakes.

Per Arne

Posted by: memorymoteljoe ()
Date: May 29, 2018 04:57

hi Lady Jayne & Glam.
We are also staying in Coombe Abbey. We will be traveling up from Col's home town of Bambury, not sure of our arrival time. thinking about leaving for the Arena around 4:00 ish.

Colleen & Joe

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 29, 2018 07:28

TKinOH
ihopeyouguessmyname

I am, I mean, I would be, if I knew they'd arrive at my door in the US before I depart Thursday...

As it is, I imagine I'll be going to the ticket collection window before the gig.

At least I received an email from AXS about picking up my ticket for Manchester at the box office. Feel like the same applies to Coventry, but no word on that, just the original transaction where I paid for international mail delivery.

Luckily, I love The Rolling Stones!

Only info I got from AXS is that all tix had been sent. What a way to make us nervous for no reason.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 29, 2018 11:11

We will have to sing Happy Birthday to Charlie (77) on Satuday night..(and a belated one to Ronnie)

Date: May 29, 2018 13:57

Hoping Micks' voice holds out for this one!

Date: May 29, 2018 14:59

stourbridgestones
Hoping Micks' voice holds out for this one!

Same here.

Date: May 29, 2018 16:43

yes, lets see how tonight goes!
hopefully all will be ok

Date: May 29, 2018 17:23

Hi Guys, called axs today and and after waiting for over an hour I was told my tickets were only sent this morning (!!!), 4 days before the show! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 29, 2018 17:45

Date: May 29, 2018 19:59

memorymoteljoe
hi Lady Jayne & Glam.
We are also staying in Coombe Abbey. We will be traveling up from Col's home town of Bambury, not sure of our arrival time. thinking about leaving for the Arena around 4:00 ish.

Colleen & Joe

I am coming up from London to arrive at Coombe Abbey round about 3pm all being well.

Posted by: memorymoteljoe ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:57

Jayne & Glam,
I'll leave a note at the front desk as to our contact info at the Abbey.

Joe

Date: May 30, 2018 14:15

Still no tickets and not being able to contact them by phone, so no plan B...just terrible

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:26

I wrote an email and got the answer that all remaining tickets will be collected at the box office.

I found out that my shipping to Germany was reimbursed on my credit card a few weeks ago.

Date: May 30, 2018 14:34

majomuc
I wrote an email and got the answer that all remaining tickets will be collected at the box office.

I found out that my shipping to Germany was reimbursed on my credit card a few weeks ago.

Crap service.

The Ricoh appears to be a bit organised and hopefully it wont be too much of a pain.

Date: May 30, 2018 14:36

majomuc

I wpould love to at least have an email from these igits

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:59

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 15:10 by mikehat.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:29

Anyone in Coventry the night before the gig may (indeed, should!!) be interested in this event. Would love to go, but won't be there by then.

syrel

PS - also worth mentioning that Coventry City won their promotion playoff game on Monday, so hopefully the town/crowd will be in celebratory spirits for the gig. Play up Sky Blues!

Ska Town - Ghost Town (Coventry Cathedral, 1st of June 2018)

As a follow-up screening to Remembering Coventry: Ghost Town Haunting #1 (a week-long exhibition at the Shopfront Theatre in April this year), this special screening event at Coventry Cathedral is a night of archive television from the early eighties about Coventry’s Ska scene.

At this event we’ll be showing the following:

Arena: Rudies Come Back or The Rise and Rise of 2-Tone (12th March 1980, 35 minutes)
A brilliant documentary about Coventry’s ska scene, with performances from The Selector and The Specials and some iconic footage of both bands in and around Coventry.

Play for Today: Three Minute Heroes (26th October 1982, 60 minutes)
A television play made in Coventry and written by Leslie Stewart. The Radio Times listing for this describes it as follows “Saturday. Out on the streets, young people looking for fun. Billy, living for Two-Tone music. Adrian, only limping when he walks. Lectric, dressed to kill. Debbo, bored with stereotypes. Rhoda, bored with Elvis. Elvis, playing games. They move around the city in the day, making life happen wherever they are. They come together at nights to listen to their music. For as long as the song lasts, they're heroes. Three minute heroes.”

Tickets £2 (£1.50 for members of Equity, the Musician’s Union and the Writer’s Guild). Proceeds to be split between the Cathedral and Coventry’s Music Museum.

Doors open at 6.30pm – screening starts at 7pm. Refreshments available to purchase at the Cathedral.

Event page: [www.facebook.com]

Tickets: [www.tickettailor.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:45

syrel
Anyone in Coventry the night before the gig may (indeed, should!!) be interested in this event. Would love to go, but won't be there by then.

syrel

PS - also worth mentioning that Coventry City won their promotion playoff game on Monday, so hopefully the town/crowd will be in celebratory spirits for the gig. Play up Sky Blues!

Ska Town - Ghost Town (Coventry Cathedral, 1st of June 2018)

As a follow-up screening to Remembering Coventry: Ghost Town Haunting #1 (a week-long exhibition at the Shopfront Theatre in April this year), this special screening event at Coventry Cathedral is a night of archive television from the early eighties about Coventry’s Ska scene.

At this event we’ll be showing the following:

Arena: Rudies Come Back or The Rise and Rise of 2-Tone (12th March 1980, 35 minutes)
A brilliant documentary about Coventry’s ska scene, with performances from The Selector and The Specials and some iconic footage of both bands in and around Coventry.

Play for Today: Three Minute Heroes (26th October 1982, 60 minutes)
A television play made in Coventry and written by Leslie Stewart. The Radio Times listing for this describes it as follows “Saturday. Out on the streets, young people looking for fun. Billy, living for Two-Tone music. Adrian, only limping when he walks. Lectric, dressed to kill. Debbo, bored with stereotypes. Rhoda, bored with Elvis. Elvis, playing games. They move around the city in the day, making life happen wherever they are. They come together at nights to listen to their music. For as long as the song lasts, they're heroes. Three minute heroes.”

Tickets £2 (£1.50 for members of Equity, the Musician’s Union and the Writer’s Guild). Proceeds to be split between the Cathedral and Coventry’s Music Museum.

Doors open at 6.30pm – screening starts at 7pm. Refreshments available to purchase at the Cathedral.

Event page: [www.facebook.com]

Tickets: [www.tickettailor.com]
Thx

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:45

Nooooooo I wish I could go to Coventry even more now!

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 15:47

I'd love to get a pair of Lucky Dips for Coventry but it appears I'm too late.

Date: May 30, 2018 17:30

Hi All, do you know if its OK for my 'seat numbers' on the paper tickets to be different than what I can see on the axs website? I've got standing tickets so it doesn't make much difference to me, I just don't want any troubles at the gates.

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: May 30, 2018 18:46

Where are people planning to go for a drink before the show - I found the Greyhound Inn which looks like a nice pub 30 mins walk along the canal from the stadium.

[www.thegreyhoundlongford.co.uk]

Hoping to pick up lucky dip tickets first then head there then back for the gig!

Open to other suggestions if there are better places nearby though - what actually is the Green Room at the Stadium? I can't see pictures anywhere online.

Date: May 31, 2018 10:39

markrs
Where are people planning to go for a drink before the show - I found the Greyhound Inn which looks like a nice pub 30 mins walk along the canal from the stadium.

[www.thegreyhoundlongford.co.uk]

Hoping to pick up lucky dip tickets first then head there then back for the gig!

Open to other suggestions if there are better places nearby though - what actually is the Green Room at the Stadium? I can't see pictures anywhere online.

Unfortunately the stadium is away from the city centre, so imho it will be harder to arrange a meet up.

Unless anybody knows different?

The grey hound looks the best bet, but, due to the fact, that i have around 18 family and friends coming i wont be in a position to meet up for this one.

The transport we have arranged drops us off at the stadium around 18.00 which is a bit early for me, but no doubt we can find a position and get some drinks and for the first time in ages, will be looking forward to the support act.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home