Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Coventry England UK travel and show info
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 14, 2018 13:59

TKinOH
odean73
TKinOH
Travel-wise...

How is the taxi situation in Coventry? I read the famous black cabs are/were made there, but I'll need one to ride in! Hahaha!

Arrive that afternoon, and will need transport out to the "other" Hilton, then over to the gig and back...

Yes the black cabs were made there and i still think they are.

Should have no problem getting a black cab, but you will pay more than the normal cabs these days.

Thanks for the info... Sounds like with no train service, the cabbies will make some cabbage that weekend!

Now aint that nice of them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 14:00 by babyblue.

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: May 14, 2018 14:19

Here is the latest message I have received from AXS:

"The promoter has chosen to "chance" all orders that were going to be sent international to box office collection to minimize any chance of people "no" getting their tickets on time. The postage fee has been refunded."

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 16:23

odean73
My nephew Coventry tickets have arrived.

Mine haven't thou.thumbs down

My other friend received there's yesterday, lets hope i get home and see mine in the letter box. drinking smiley

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 16:24

Received my tickets yesterday (The Netherlands)

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 16, 2018 03:35

RMNice1958

"The promoter has chosen to "chance" all orders that were going to be sent international to box office collection to minimize any chance of people "no" getting their tickets on time. The postage fee has been refunded."

After seeing your post here, I checked my credit card and it has been refunded the postal fee here in the US...

Changing their own insistence of Standard Mail delivery to the US is one thing, but no e-mail to keep a customer informed is the irritating part. I didn't wanna fly to England to get Stones tickets, I wanna go to England because I HAVE Stones tickets!

Information could really help the customers here!

Date: May 16, 2018 08:54

TKinOH
RMNice1958

After seeing your post here, I checked my credit card and it has been refunded the postal fee here in the US...

Changing their own insistence of Standard Mail delivery to the US is one thing, but no e-mail to keep a customer informed is the irritating part. I didn't wanna fly to England to get Stones tickets, I wanna go to England because I HAVE Stones tickets!

Information could really help the customers here!

Its so annoying and crap service.

Date: May 16, 2018 18:11

When I bought tix for Manchester, and then later on another day for Coventry, it was at 5am East Coast time here in the States... I was relieved that the processes both times were relatively pain-free and quick. But, I'm always nervous until hard tickets are in my hands, I rock and roll old-school I guess!

The purchase process seemed almost too good to be true, and at this point, it is... 2-3 months in advance, and no tickets received per their guidelines, is poor service.

But, I try to operate as an optimist in life, so there's still time to receive what I assume will be my single GC for Manchester, as there has been only one fee refunded to my credit card, which Thanks to info on here from my fellow fans, I can only assume was for the pair of GC ordered for Coventry.

Seems I will meet some fans from around the world in the (short?) line to get my tix at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on 2 June! See ya there!

Date: May 17, 2018 19:31

My tickets have arrived for cov.hot smiley

Best of luck to everyone.

Date: May 18, 2018 18:30

Any bars to hang out in Coventry / Leamington / Warwick in the day time with a stones vibe? - any meet ups?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 18, 2018 22:28

stourbridgestones
Any bars to hang out in Coventry / Leamington / Warwick in the day time with a stones vibe? - any meet ups?
Looking for same

Date: May 23, 2018 15:27

Hi Guys!
Did everyone receive their tickets via post? I bought mine on 12 May and still waiting for them which drives me mad!

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:30

Still waiting for my Pit and LD for Coventry here in Germany.

No answer from AXS via email yet ...

Date: May 23, 2018 15:40

LD you'd probably need to collect from the box office, don't think they'd send them.

Posted by: memorymoteljoe ()
Date: May 23, 2018 20:06

Hi, I'm a new poster, but I've been following for many years.We are staying @ Coombe Abbey, but planning on wandering into town for a warm-up party.

I'm gonna suggest - The Gatehouse Tavern 46 Hill St Coventry CV1 4AN
or The Squirrel Greyfriars Lane Coventry City Centre CV1 2GY

but open to other ideas? If anyone else is interested?, we could share a cab to the stadium.
Joe

Posted by: MariannesFriend ()
Date: May 23, 2018 21:51

Hi Joe, we would be also willing to meet up...open to suggestions.
Art

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 24, 2018 01:12

memorymoteljoe
We are staying @ Coombe Abbey, but planning on wandering into town for a warm-up party.

Joe

Hey Joe, Me too!

Date: May 24, 2018 12:31

majomuc

Still waiting for my pit too and also no answer from AXS

Date: May 24, 2018 12:31

memorymoteljoe
Hi, I'm a new poster, but I've been following for many years.We are staying @ Coombe Abbey, but planning on wandering into town for a warm-up party.

I'm gonna suggest - The Gatehouse Tavern 46 Hill St Coventry CV1 4AN
or The Squirrel Greyfriars Lane Coventry City Centre CV1 2GY

but open to other ideas? If anyone else is interested?, we could share a cab to the stadium.
Joe

Good...So which one will it be???

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:51

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 19:32

leteyer
majomuc

Still waiting for my pit too and also no answer from AXS

I was in the same position with Ticketmaster on the Ireland gig. Finally on the evening before the gig I got an email from ticketmaster and they offered to sent a PDF of a ticket, making the original ticket void. They also said: "We do not guarantee you will get your ticket in time, but we do guarantee access to the event.".
So annoying and frustrating as the disgraceful process is, keep faith, You will get in.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 24, 2018 19:52

leteyer
majomuc

Still waiting for 8my pit too and also no answer from AXS

Contact Axs at their twitteraccount .. or use hashtag #axs-uk , they respond and help inmidiately , if you "follow" them .

[mobile.twitter.com]

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 24, 2018 22:16

Had a quick look at axs to see what’s available - not much! Search for 6 tickets and just ga and Gc comes up. Looking forward to this after London on tue, then rounding off my stones summer 3 nights later at old Trafford

Date: May 25, 2018 08:47

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Thanks.

Open at 12.30?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 25, 2018 10:41

Loads of info here re shuttles, facilities, bus routes etc. Really helpful

[www.ricoharena.com]

Date: May 25, 2018 11:13

yorkshirestone
Loads of info here re shuttles, facilities, bus routes etc. Really helpful

[www.ricoharena.com]

Thanks.

can only see one prosecco bar.thumbs downconfused smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 25, 2018 11:59

That info is actually pretty impressive. Imagine if all venues could provide such info!

Date: May 25, 2018 12:55

The Worst.
That info is actually pretty impressive. Imagine if all venues could provide such info!

I agree.

Posted by: memorymoteljoe ()
Date: May 25, 2018 13:59

All,
Doesn't look to be any pre-party music at any of the pubs in Coventry town, mostly family type dining during the afternoon. I am thinking the green room at the stadium might be the best option.
joe

Date: May 25, 2018 14:24

memorymoteljoe
All,
Doesn't look to be any pre-party music at any of the pubs in Coventry town, mostly family type dining during the afternoon. I am thinking the green room at the stadium might be the best option.
joe

Normally i would love to meet up, but on this occasion i have around 20 family and friends going and we have arranged the green bus transport for convenience sakes.

We are meeting locally around lunch time, but we are catching the bus in Solihull, which is too far for a meet up to be honest and i think that's why there might be a struggle to find something, due to the stadium being a bit of a way from the city.
But i am sure something will be arranged.

I must admit if i had known about the green room, i might have been tempted.

Date: May 25, 2018 19:18

odean73
The Worst.

I agree.

I totally agree, impressive amount of info here, and for a large gig like a Stones show, the more info available, the better for everyone!

I contacted Ricoh Arena by e-mail last weekend, and they replied on Monday. Very nice of them to reply, but they told me it was up to AXS whether my tickets would be collected at the box office.

So, I want to thank you fans here on this thread for the info about international orders needing to be picked up on show day at the box office. Your help is the only help, official or otherwise, that I have found!

For the price of the ticket, a little more should be expected as a courtesy to all fans, but I will be there and ready for another great experience with The Rolling Stones!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home