Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Coventry England UK travel and show info
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 3, 2018 01:58

I read Heartbreakers pub is hosting an after-party in Southampton. Anything similar planned in Coventry?

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 3, 2018 02:06

Travel-wise...

How is the taxi situation in Coventry? I read the famous black cabs are/were made there, but I'll need one to ride in! Hahaha!

Arrive that afternoon, and will need transport out to the "other" Hilton, then over to the gig and back...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 3, 2018 10:08

TKinOH
Travel-wise...

How is the taxi situation in Coventry? I read the famous black cabs are/were made there, but I'll need one to ride in! Hahaha!

Arrive that afternoon, and will need transport out to the "other" Hilton, then over to the gig and back...

Yes the black cabs were made there and i still think they are.

Should have no problem getting a black cab, but you will pay more than the normal cabs these days.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 4, 2018 14:10

grzegorz67
The Worst.
It seems like the last train from Coventry Arena Station leaves at 22:34. But surely they do set up some extra trains running after the show??

Don't bank on it. There will definitely be shuttle buses available to take you back to Coventry City Centre though.

I sent an email to Rioch Arena and this was the answer:

"Firstly, the Arena Park station will be closed on the night of the concert as it is unable to cope with the numbers of visitors who will be leaving the concert. This is a decision made by the rail company.

There will be shuttle buses arranged and plenty of taxis available and full details will be posted on our website nearer the time."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-04 14:10 by The Worst..

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: May 4, 2018 21:28

Hi guys,

is anyone looking for a room at the Novotel close to the Arena ?

I had booked a room for 84 GBP way back, but now decided to stay straight in town with my family.

I can cancel it anytime, but if anyone trustworthy would be interested, drop me a message.

Cheers, Josef

Date: May 5, 2018 03:35

odean73
TKinOH
Travel-wise...

Should have no problem getting a black cab, but you will pay more than the normal cabs these days.

Thanks for the info... Sounds like with no train service, the cabbies will make some cabbage that weekend!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 5, 2018 07:30

The Worst.

I sent an email to Rioch Arena and this was the answer:

"Firstly, the Arena Park station will be closed on the night of the concert as it is unable to cope with the numbers of visitors who will be leaving the concert. This is a decision made by the rail company.

There will be shuttle buses arranged and plenty of taxis available and full details will be posted on our website nearer the time."

That's the British spirit!

Apparently there is a national shortage of trains.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 5, 2018 13:43

TKinOH
odean73
TKinOH
Travel-wise...

Thanks for the info... Sounds like with no train service, the cabbies will make some cabbage that weekend!

Last time I was there, I took the shuttle bus back to the main station. They departed from behind the shops over at Arena Park.

It was a bit chaotic because at first it wasn't clear where to go. There was a massive queue in front of the shops which turned out to be for taxis. But lots of people were waiting there under the impression it was the bus queue. Once I was in the right place I was on a bus pretty quickly.

The journey took quite a while though because of the heavy traffic. I was staying at the Ibis which is a few minutes walk away from the station, so had no worries about making a train.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-05 13:45 by nobodyimportant.

Date: May 5, 2018 22:41

TKinOH
odean73
TKinOH
Travel-wise...

Taxis will be running their hands.

bargain tickets for coventry on ticketmaster
Date: May 8, 2018 12:31

Block 20 available now at £90.35 each ... whereas block 21 (further away) is £202.35 each!

Re: bargain tickets for coventry on ticketmaster
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 8, 2018 12:59

This really annoys me - I paid a lot more for my tickets for Coventry via the fan club (they were in block 29).

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 00:12

AXS printed Coventry tickets on Friday and will apparently post them this week.

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: May 9, 2018 00:23

Do you think that block 18 is good to see? why the hell is not possible to choose an the map??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2018 02:11

Here's a snap of Block 20..
[aviewfrommyseat.co.uk]

Ricoh Arena Section Block 20, Row GG, Seat 3
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, The River Tour
4 star concert seat view

Date: May 9, 2018 04:56

RMNice1958
AXS printed Coventry tickets on Friday and will apparently post them this week.

Thanks for the update! I'll breathe much easier when they're in my grubby paws!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 16:46

I have to fly out the day after Coventry. Any locals have any advice for getting to/from Coventry? Is it better to take the train, or rent a car?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 9, 2018 17:26

hilary
Do you think that block 18 is good to see? why the hell is not possible to choose an the map??

Try [www1.ticketmaster.co.uk]

You can choose your seats there. The ones in block 20 look very good and are very cheap!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 9, 2018 19:38

roller99
I have to fly out the day after Coventry. Any locals have any advice for getting to/from Coventry? Is it better to take the train, or rent a car?

Flying out of London?
If so then don't rely on public transportation to get you there especially at weekends as engineering works are often carried out at weekends on the rail system,I would rent a car.

Nate

Date: May 10, 2018 03:26

Nate
roller99

Flying out of London?
If so then don't rely on public transportation to get you there especially at weekends as engineering works are often carried out at weekends on the rail system,I would rent a car.

Nate

Thanks Nate (I've wanted to say that ever since The Full Monty). I was hoping not to hear that, as I'm kind of terrified to drive in the UK, having lived my whole life over ear. Hmmm. Where you at Nate? London?

Date: May 10, 2018 03:27

I'll pay for the car for anyone here from London who wants to drive up there. And pre-show drinks.

Anyone?

Date: May 10, 2018 03:35

Can you fly from LHR to Coventry by way of some super secret website? expedia says no.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 10, 2018 04:34

roller99
Can you fly from LHR to Coventry by way of some super secret website? expedia says no.

Realize it still falls under public transport, but the National Express buses go to Coventry from Heathrow and back for reasonable fares.
I'm utilizing them quite a bit for getting around.

[book.nationalexpress.com]

Date: May 10, 2018 17:10

MisterDDDD
roller99

Realize it still falls under public transport, but the National Express buses go to Coventry from Heathrow and back for reasonable fares.
I'm utilizing them quite a bit for getting around.

[book.nationalexpress.com]

Yes, I saw this last night, thanks for the tip. I was looking for flights and it came up, and I thought it was a very slow airline, until I realized I was looking at bus transport.

Posted by: sebekken ()
Date: May 12, 2018 18:45

Hi, I have a question about which web site this answer refers to ?

Posted by: sebekken ()
Date: May 12, 2018 19:21

Hello which web site is what they refer to ?

Date: May 13, 2018 18:09

My nephew Coventry tickets have arrived.

Mine haven't thou.thumbs down

Date: May 13, 2018 21:59

Just received a message from AXS telling me that I’ll have to collect my ticket on the day having told me that it was being posted last week.

Date: May 13, 2018 23:29

RMNice1958
Just received a message from AXS telling me that I’ll have to collect my ticket on the day having told me that it was being posted last week.

Surely that can't be right?

Date: May 14, 2018 00:28

That’s the message I got but I’ve challenged them (expecting 10 days for a reply). I live in Canada so that may be a factor.

Date: May 14, 2018 12:06

Any ideas on the opening time for LD collection?
Also any meeting pubs for this gig?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home