Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Coventry England UK travel and show info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:12

The easiest i have known it for getting tickets.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:15

odean73

Agree. Never ever I got pit ticket so easily. No wait.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:18

LINK FOR PIT PLEASE

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:19

Look on the previous page on this thread

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:20

corriecas
LINK FOR PIT PLEASE

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: Beast ()

MartinB
odean73

Same here!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

corriecas
LINK FOR PIT PLEASE

[www.axs.com]

Right at the bottom, both A and B available right now, little wonder at that price...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 11:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:21

Yes, managed to grab a Pit A

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:26

Yahoo - easy purchases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 14:21 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:27

I can't see GC tickets on the main ticket page or VIP page, are they somewhere else or just not available as part of the presale ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 13, 2018 11:29

Beast
MartinB
odean73

Same here!

I was going to treat myself to a pit ticket, but a few members of the family are going, so i decided i would go in the general admission with them.

I might still change my mind.smileys with beer

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:41

see you soon Coventry!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:42

Does anyone have an exact seating plan for the RICOH?

Date: March 13, 2018 14:51

odean73
yorkshirestone
justeillusion
is it easy to get from Birmingham airport to Coventry ricoh arena? Thank you!
Straightforward 30 min drive. Public transport a bit trickier, 3 trains (change at Birmingham and Coventry)= about an hour according to my phone

Catch the mono rail from Birmingham airport to the rail station < 2 Mins >

and there will be trains every 10 - 15 minutes.

Coventry city centre will be about 10 minutes on the train.

Will take a look at getting to the ricoh arena later, with tickets and work getting in the way lol

Looks like there is only one train an hour from coventry city centre to the ricoh.
To be honest the last time i went to the ricoh there was no trains running, and the very low frequency of one train an hour is i believe due to the station still to be finished.

Obviously those trains are going to be rammed and no doubt a shuttle service of buses will be laid on.

I think the arena is around 6 miles away from the city centre.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: March 13, 2018 14:58

odean73
mikey C
They should have ''The Specials" open could do,that would be a Show!!!!!!!!!

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Bands don't play no more.
Too much fighting on the dance floor

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 13, 2018 17:35

JumpinJimF
odean73
mikey C

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Was really hoping Bruce would open with a Specials song, but he missed a trick there - both times.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 13, 2018 19:04

odean73
odean73
yorkshirestone
justeillusion
is it easy to get from Birmingham airport to Coventry ricoh arena? Thank you!
Straightforward 30 min drive. Public transport a bit trickier, 3 trains (change at Birmingham and Coventry)= about an hour according to my phone

Catch the mono rail from Birmingham airport to the rail station < 2 Mins >

and there will be trains every 10 - 15 minutes.

Coventry city centre will be about 10 minutes on the train.

Will take a look at getting to the ricoh arena later, with tickets and work getting in the way lol

Looks like there is only one train an hour from coventry city centre to the ricoh.
To be honest the last time i went to the ricoh there was no trains running, and the very low frequency of one train an hour is i believe due to the station still to be finished.

Obviously those trains are going to be rammed and no doubt a shuttle service of buses will be laid on.

I think the arena is around 6 miles away from the city centre.

Ricoh train station is a washout - complete waste of time - but there will be plenty of buses from the centre of town to the arena (and I think they put on special buses for major events).

Birmignham Airport has its own train station (Birmingham International) - about 15 mins direct to Cov.

syrel

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: March 13, 2018 21:31

Check your Confirmation mail!

I bought 5 tickets today at Lower Level, and got Seats in Block 19 Row HH That was perfect!
I printed out the confirmation from the screen and my acount was drawn for nearly
£ 1.000. Five minutes later I've got the confirmation mail from AXS and the mail said that my tickets was in Block 18 Row B (and low numbers for the seats as well)
I used a couple of hours to figure out how I could send them an mail before I did - with the copy of my confirmation on the screen. Got an automatic mail back that said they was busy and it could take up to 10 days before I got an answer.

Per Arne

Date: March 14, 2018 08:46

JumpinJimF
odean73
mikey C

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

I did see the specials at the Ricoh a few years back, but it was in the smaller arena next to the stadium or part of the stadium.

I think recently there has been a couple of departures from the specials and apparently not as good these days. Pity really.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2018 09:03

odean73
JumpinJimF
odean73
mikey C

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

I did see the specials at the Ricoh a few years back, but it was in the smaller arena next to the stadium or part of the stadium.

I think recently there has been a couple of departures from the specials and apparently not as good these days. Pity really.

Co-Singer (and toaster) Neville Staple quit in 2012.
Lead guitarist Roddy Radiation quit in 2014.
Drummer John Bradbury died in 2015.

I saw them in 2010 at a small club in L.A. with all of the above still in the band, but founder Jerry Dammers (and also founder of 2 Tone Records) hasn't been a member since 1984 so even then it wasn't quite the real deal

The only original members currently still with the band are rhythm guitarist Lynval Golding, bass player Horace Panter, and lead singer Terry Hall.
Some might say that's enough to still be considered The Specials which I might agree with, but won't make up my mind until I see them in June at Arroyo Seco weekend in California with Neil Young as headliner.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2018 11:46

Hairball
odean73
JumpinJimF
odean73
mikey C

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

I saw them in 2010 at a small club in L.A. with all of the above still in the band, but founder Jerry Dammers (and also founder of 2 Tone Records) hasn't been a member since 1984 so even then it wasn't quite the real deal

The only original members currently still with the band are rhythm guitarist Lynval Golding, bass player Horace Panter, and lead singer Terry Hall.
Some might say that's enough to still be considered The Specials which I might agree with, but won't make up my mind until I see them in June at Arroyo Seco weekend in California with Neil Young as headliner.

I saw them in 1980 or so, and they were smoking hot. Sames as madness and the Selecter, SLF, Undertones,U2 etc.
Jeroen

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 14, 2018 14:55

The Specials were still great minus Dammers, but I saw them again after Neville left and it just wasn't as good. He was missed. Then when Roddy went as well I lost interest in seeing them.

Date: March 14, 2018 15:14

So after looking over maps of the area there are not many hotels close by. How do you get to and from the stadium?
I am coming from Australia so I'd like a little help from someone familiar with the area and I really do not want to have to rent an auto.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 15:20

georgemcdonnell314
So after looking over maps of the area there are not many hotels close by. How do you get to and from the stadium?
I am coming from Australia so I'd like a little help from someone familiar with the area and I really do not want to have to rent an auto.

There will be shuttle buses between the Stadium and Coventry City Centre, 6 miles away. I live 80 miles away so I will drive in on the day, park in the City Centre and get to the stadium that way.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 14, 2018 23:13

What a crazy 2 days!

Scored 2 Golden Circles for Coventry by 0515 here in the US eastern daylight savings time zone, then hit the road by 0520 to drive 9hrs or so to see Judas Priest open their Firepower 2018 tour in Wilkes Barre, PA...

Now I've done the return trip and am finally home to relax/sleep and enjoy the prospects of a trip to the UK for the shows in Coventry and Manchester!

We have a room at the Doubletree Coventry, and plan on a cab from the City Centre and then over to Ricoh Arena for the show... unless someone from the area feels this isn't a good plan... Anyone with advice here on IORR is most appreciated!

Date: March 14, 2018 23:49

TKinOH
What a crazy 2 days!

Scored 2 Golden Circles for Coventry by 0515 here in the US eastern daylight savings time zone, then hit the road by 0520 to drive 9hrs or so to see Judas Priest open their Firepower 2018 tour in Wilkes Barre, PA...

Now I've done the return trip and am finally home to relax/sleep and enjoy the prospects of a trip to the UK for the shows in Coventry and Manchester!

We have a room at the Doubletree Coventry, and plan on a cab from the City Centre and then over to Ricoh Arena for the show... unless someone from the area feels this isn't a good plan... Anyone with advice here on IORR is most appreciated!

The hotel you booked, is it not right next to the stadium? Unless you have plans to go into the city centre.

Date: March 14, 2018 23:53

odean73
TKinOH
What a crazy 2 days!

The hotel you booked, is it not right next to the stadium? Unless you have plans to go into the city centre.

Apologies on my second search i see there is another Double tree hotel in Coventry.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2018 00:24

corriecas
Hairball
odean73
JumpinJimF
odean73
mikey C

Heaven.thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

I saw them in 1980 or so, and they were smoking hot. Sames as madness and the Selecter, SLF, Undertones,U2 etc.
Jeroen

Nice. thumbs up I loved the first two albums from both the Selector and Madness. I was seeing a bunch of American punk bands around that time - X, Dead Kennedys, the Cramps, etc., but also the Clash, The Jam, and a few lesser known UK bands that made it out to Calfornia. I remember my brother brought home the first Specials album (he was a reggae dj at the local college radio station)and we played it endlessly - it became an essential part of the soundtrack for many crazy nights, and it's always had a special place in my heart. I loved their second album also!

nobodyimportant
The Specials were still great minus Dammers, but I saw them again after Neville left and it just wasn't as good. He was missed. Then when Roddy went as well I lost interest in seeing them.

Yes they were still great when I saw them in 2010, but the fact that Dammers wasn't there didn't seem quite right as a matter of principal.
Can't imagine they'll be anywhere near as good now, but it should be fun to see them warm up for Neil Young even though that sounds like a weird match up lol.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 15, 2018 02:17

odean73
odean73
TKinOH
What a crazy 2 days!

Apologies on my second search i see there is another Double tree hotel in Coventry.

I thought of booking a room at the Ricoh hotel, just on a hunch, but didn't... last weekend I had to work, and on break checked my phone to see BV had added Southampton and Coventry, but the Ricoh rooms showed sold out on my HH app... I texted my bud who is going with me to Coventry, and he grabbed the other spot...

Logistics will work out, but I got tickets ordered! That was my worry, now just to receive them here in OH before I fly over on 5-31!

We are talking about a trip to Cheltenham on Sunday, 6-3, to see Brian Jones' grave... Anyone else made that pilgrimage?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 15, 2018 10:54

Pit tickets available now if anyone needs one

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home