Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:32

corriecas
sjs12
There you go. It makes no sense that they would keep a workforce going building the stage and other parts of the show if they had already made a decision to cancel it. I might be wrong but hope not as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see the stones in my home town.

I thimk cristiano posted this 2 days ago.so its not recent
Jeroen

According to the person who originally posted that photo on Instagram, it's from today. Plus, it was posted not so long ago. Read the captions on the original photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 22:32 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:33

slewan
somebody should go out there and see if they're checking the light show

When would they do that? After dark? I could fancy any evening stroll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 22:34 by sjs12.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:38

Hairball
What's all this talk about a possible cancellation? Just because Mick's voice became a bit weak the other night?
Am I missing something such as a statement from the band or an article stating he's sick?
Other than fans speculating, I've heard nothing - though this is the first thread I've looked at today.

The show must go on, even if Bernard carries some of the load, Keith plays a three song set, and the setlist is only 18 songs. Might not be the best show ever ala *Vegas '16, but at least people can say they saw the Stones.

All that said, wouldn't worry about anything - have a great time everyone...smileys with beer...keeping my fingers crossed!

I like the positive Hairball ;-)
And just to add, being an intimate relaxed venue (but cold? It’s summer!)
‘Love In Vain’ ‘Country Honk’ ‘Far Away Eyes’
Mick can put on the hat, grab a seat,guitar, harp, Keith an acoustic
all day long, all day long whatever is easiest.
I think I’m getting carried away.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:41

Gonna buy a drink for everyone in the stadium if the show is on.the government of Holland will pay the bill.i will be so Happy.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 22:51 by corriecas.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:58

well, since there obviously won't be a song vote I guess they'll play the song that got the most votes so far (but hasn't won), i.e. Monkey Man

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:36

35love
Hairball
What's all this talk about a possible cancellation? Just because Mick's voice became a bit weak the other night?
Am I missing something such as a statement from the band or an article stating he's sick?
Other than fans speculating, I've heard nothing - though this is the first thread I've looked at today.

The show must go on, even if Bernard carries some of the load, Keith plays a three song set, and the setlist is only 18 songs. Might not be the best show ever ala *Vegas '16, but at least people can say they saw the Stones.

All that said, wouldn't worry about anything - have a great time everyone...smileys with beer...keeping my fingers crossed!

I like the positive Hairball ;-)
And just to add, being an intimate relaxed venue (but cold? It’s summer!)
‘Love In Vain’ ‘Country Honk’ ‘Far Away Eyes’
Mick can put on the hat, grab a seat,guitar, harp, Keith an acoustic
all day long, all day long whatever is easiest.
I think I’m getting carried away.

My intel says the show is a go.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:37

Vaccines front man Justin Young "Thrilled" to support The Rolling Stones in home city

VACCINES front man Justin Young always dreamed of playing at St Mary's as a youngster. But he will be playing in his band - not as a footballer, when he opens for the Rolling Stones tomorrow.

Receiving the invitation to open for the Stones has been a real thrill. In fact, Justin is such a big fan he named a song on the new album after the group:

[amzn.to]

(but nothing to do with the Stones, alas)

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:00

I don't know why they don't get Keith to sing if Micks voice is still weak, i saw The Who in 88' or 89' and Roger walked off 5 or 6 songs before the end with voice problems, so Pete Townsend sang the remainder of the songs and the crowd loved it.
Pete said something like he was returning a favour to the band for when Pete swung his arm around as he does with the windmill trademark and the exposed tremolo went straight through his hand causing him to leave the stage.

I honestly think Mick's immune system would benefit from less energetic performances, and as a result become less likely to become ill with laryngitis or other infections or inflammation leading to voice problems.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:03

Acutally, we still haven o clue, if Mick does have any problems health wise at all. All this is pure speculation because there was no song vote .... grinning smiley

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:07

Just give Mick a vaccine, he’ll be fine

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:08

I’m going with Roller99

Date: May 29, 2018 00:10

TornFrayedSue
Acutally, we still haven o clue, if Mick does have any problems health wise at all. All this is pure speculation because there was no song vote .... grinning smiley

Its just that this has happened so many times in recent years, if he is not well i think he needs to miss a show now to not ruin his voice for the rest of the tour.
Hopefully he's ok and Southampton is on for you guys , but if he isn't 100% one postponed show will give him over a week to recover properly.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:46

They gave up voting. They know it is Wild Horses smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-29 00:47 by mtaylor.

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: May 29, 2018 00:49

Don't know how to sleep tonight actually..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2018 01:02

Weird that there's still no song vote...confused smiley

Date: May 29, 2018 01:04

longvehicle
Don't know how to sleep tonight actually..

I think Mick will give it a go tomorrow, see how he gets on, perhaps hold his voice back to some degree, and if it is still troubling him perhaps postpone the Coventry show if he feels he really needs to, its a bit late for tomorrows gig to be cancelled so hopefully it will be alright for you to sleep well . thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2018 01:05

Hairball

If I'm not wrong, during the Zip Code Tour there were some concerts on which the song vote was up on the same day of the concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-29 01:06 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: May 29, 2018 01:09

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

If I'm not wrong, during the Zip Code Tour there were some concerts on which the song vote was up on the same day of the concert.

Perhaps, but I don't recall. And I could be wrong about this, but every show of the No Filter tour so far (including the first leg) has had the vote up the day before. Sort of adds some excitement and extra publicity, so it's a bit mysterious as to why there's not one now. Probably nothing to worry about, but...hmmm....what the heck's the problem?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2018 01:18

Wow that's unexpected, hope there aren't any worse news than these alleged voice problems for Mick...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 29, 2018 01:19

No song vote today could be something simple as, it's a Bank Holiday and the web person was off ?
Maybe they have a specific song in mind to fill that slot (such as saint of me) and didn't want to leave it up to us lot to cock it and pick a different one.

Date: May 29, 2018 01:25

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

Perhaps, but I don't recall. And I could be wrong about this, but every show of the No Filter tour so far (including the first leg) has had the vote up the day before. Sort of adds some excitement and extra publicity, so it's a bit mysterious as to why there's not one now. Probably nothing to worry about, but...hmmm....what the heck's the problem?

In Indianapolis and Minneapolis the song vote was up on the day of the concert, and maybe there's some other cities included on that tour on which this delay happened as well.

Date: May 29, 2018 01:30

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

I think what it might be Hairball is Mick wanting to choose a specific set list to help with damage limitation , he will not want to be sprung any surprises, rather choose a set-list that is easiest on his voice.

Date: May 29, 2018 01:30

With all this this talk and speculation about Mick's voice, it's dawned on me that it could be an issue with any of them.
They've all had major health issues in the past, and the way they push it at their age - giving 100% - well it could be a bit much.
I'm 20 years younger than them and have never had any health issues, but it would probably be tough for even me to go through the rigors of what they're doing.
Then again, fancy hotels and a couple hours on stage once every few nights might not be that taxing for someone my age.
Whatever the case, hope they're all doing well and continue to keep on rolling...thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2018 01:32

keithsman
I think what it might be Hairball is Mick wanting to choose a specific set list to help with damage limitation , he will not want to be sprung any surprises, rather choose a set-list that is easiest on his voice.

If that was the case, they could put up four "easy to sing" songs as part of the vote, don't you think?

Date: May 29, 2018 01:33

Hairball
keithsman

If that was the case, they could put up four "easy to sing" songs as part of the vote, don't you think?

Well he will want the easiest one of them four winking smiley

Date: May 29, 2018 01:39

keithsman
Hairball
keithsman

Well he will want the easiest one of them four winking smiley

I'd be ecstatic if they played this oldie but goodie - very easy on the voice, and one of my all time favorite Stones tunes!

Rolling Stones - Stoned

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2018 01:48

undertheradar
No song vote today could be something simple as, it's a Bank Holiday and the web person was off ?
Maybe they have a specific song in mind to fill that slot (such as saint of me) and didn't want to leave it up to us lot to cock it and pick a different one.

HaHa, after all this worry and speculation, you are probably right!

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: May 29, 2018 02:04

No song vote as the song is already decided, they’re doing a rendition of When The Saints Go Marching In

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: May 29, 2018 02:09

"The box office will be open from 9am on the event day. 15:00 Gates Open to Stadium Facilities"

So, we will know from 9-00 till 15-00..

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 29, 2018 02:10

In an ideal world, Saint of Me (or whatever else) could be played regardless - i.e., in addition to the song vote winner grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home