Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:24

On my way to Southampton.
Don't know what to think..

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:35

I keep my fingers crossed for all of you who have tickets for Southampton smoking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:41

I wonder if they could re-schedule? There are 6 days between Edinburgh and Cardiff.....

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:43

Re-schedule will be okay for locals, but for those who travel not a good option.
Definetly, I think there will be no song vote in any case.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:51

It’s Bank Holiday weekend too, could be why there’s a vote delay.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2018 18:52

What's all this talk about a possible cancellation? Just because Mick's voice became a bit weak the other night?
Am I missing something such as a statement from the band or an article stating he's sick?
Other than fans speculating, I've heard nothing - though this is the first thread I've looked at today.

The show must go on, even if Bernard carries some of the load, Keith plays a three song set, and the setlist is only 18 songs. Might not be the best show ever ala *Vegas '16, but at least people can say they saw the Stones.

All that said, wouldn't worry about anything - have a great time everyone...smileys with beer...keeping my fingers crossed!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2018 19:09

Hairball
What's all this talk about a possible cancellation? Just because Mick's voice became a bit weak the other night?
Am I missing something such as a statement from the band or an article stating he's sick?
Other than fans speculating, I've heard nothing - though this is the first thread I've looked at today.

The show must go on, even if Bernard carries some of the load, Keith plays a three song set, and the setlist is only 18 songs. Might not be the best show ever ala *Vegas '16, but at least people can say they saw the Stones.

All that said, wouldn't worry about anything - have a great time everyone...smileys with beer...keeping my fingers crossed!

Same here. Let's hope all the best to Mick and to the people who are there waiting for the concert.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 28, 2018 19:35

I was at Friday's show and didn't hear anything wrong w his voice. Going tomorrow as well, I think it will be fine.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 28, 2018 19:50

djrambler
I was at Friday's show and didn't hear anything wrong w his voice. Going tomorrow as well, I think it will be fine.

Nothing wrong with his voice ? Are you serions guys? Is got trouble since Dublin and fell sick in London 2. Listen To the tapes! No song vote. Im sûre at least southampton is off. We will see tomorrow at 2pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 19:53 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:13

Hairball

Thanks for your post! I don' t like all these speculations here right now...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:24

All this shit is getting me down and nervous about if its on or not.even Bjornulf has not said anything about it.
For @#$%& sake let the show go through.
Jeroen

Date: May 28, 2018 20:30

Hope so !

Date: May 28, 2018 20:38

RollingStonesFan
Hairball

Thanks for your post! I don' t like all these speculations here right now...

Yes! Please let's focus on actual info instead of posting useless speculations here. There's a lot of people traveling to Southampton or even people who are already there. Keep feeding these speculations will only led to misinformation.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:50

the only fact we have is that there is no song vote until now – which is very unsual

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 28, 2018 20:54

slewan
the only fact we have is that there is no song vote until now – which is very unsual

yes that's a fact and it does not bode well. Hope everything will be fine for the people that is travellin to be at the gig

Date: May 28, 2018 21:01

maumau
slewan

yes that's a fact and it does not bode well. Hope everything will be fine for the people that is travellin to be at the gig

but we don't talk about it smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2018 21:03

At least, Mick had some problems with his voice and this is not a speculation. I didn't notice it before Gimme Shelter, but i was so much focused on Keith who really was outstanding that i honestly could have missed something.

Fingers crossed for you guys, i hope you'll get a treat like the one we got last friday.

Date: May 28, 2018 21:12

Maybe there wont be a songvote and they will play like Gods.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:19

Maybe some instrumental blues covers could fill a void...something like Freddie King's Hide Away.
Mick wouldn't have to sing, and could maybe play a tambourine while dancing wildly around the stage.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:21

Has there been other shows, recently, were there has not been a song vote?
It does seem odd that it has not been posted yet.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:31

Hairball
Maybe some instrumental blues covers could fill a void...something like Freddie King's Hide Away.
Mick wouldn't have to sing, and could maybe play a tambourine while dancing wildly around the stage.

Not too funny from where I stay in my hotel in Southampton
Had a nice day trip in Winchester today... Didn't buy Jane Austen's mug though...

Date: May 28, 2018 22:04

The Joker
Hairball

Not too funny from where I stay in my hotel in Southampton

right, but you could go to the venue and see if they are already deconstructing the stage or you could ask some security guy if the rumors we are talking about are true…

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:08

The stage was up and preparations ongoing a couple of hours ago.

Date: May 28, 2018 22:14

sjs12

"Stones day 6. Nearly show ready."

[www.instagram.com]

Date: May 28, 2018 22:22

There you go. It makes no sense that they would keep a workforce going building the stage and other parts of the show if they had already made a decision to cancel it. I might be wrong but hope not as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see the stones in my home town.

Date: May 28, 2018 22:23

The stage is actually higher than the stadium. You can see it from outside.

Date: May 28, 2018 22:25

sjs12
There you go. It makes no sense that they would keep a workforce going building the stage and other parts of the show if they had already made a decision to cancel it. I might be wrong but hope not as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see the stones in my home town.

I thimk cristiano posted this 2 days ago.so its not recent
Jeroen

Date: May 28, 2018 22:28

It is from today. The previous one showed just the steel work. Take it from me, they are still putting the stage up and working intensively. I went past earlier.

Date: May 28, 2018 22:30

sjs12

they broke a tribune to let the stage in the day before Valladolid show in 2006...

Date: May 28, 2018 22:31

somebody should go out there and see if they're checking the light show

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home