Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 25, 2018 01:53

Lot of info available on the Saints site, with a pdf to download.

[southamptonfc.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 25, 2018 18:32

"Day 1 Steel build for The Rolling Stones "No Filter Tour" at Southampton"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 25, 2018 20:54

Cristian thanks for all the wonderful pictures you share with us.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:38

Still have not got my ticket for the gig. gonna call them tomorrow.
jeroen

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 26, 2018 01:51

Are y'all going to Heartbreakers after the show?

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 26, 2018 12:05

Hi Everybody,

I will arrive (with my wife) at Poole sunday evening (coming from France by ferry). We have monday to visit (by walk). Would you recommand to stay the whole day in Poole or Southampton? What is worth to visit ? (to visit a garden ? where to eat scones at five o’clock tea? or anything else romantic).

Tuesday, she will visit Southampton while I will be at St Mary Stadium.

A great day with my lady and a concert with my heroes : the best of life indeed !!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 13:00

RiffKichards
Hi Everybody,

I will arrive (with my wife) at Poole sunday evening (coming from France by ferry). We have monday to visit (by walk). Would you recommand to stay the whole day in Poole or Southampton? What is worth to visit ? (to visit a garden ? where to eat scones at five o’clock tea? or anything else romantic).

A great day with my lady and a concert with my heroes : the best of life indeed !!

Maybe visit the New Forest. Lymington and Brockenhurst have train stations if you're not in a car. Have a look round Poole first. Then head over to Southampton and get the shuttle bus to the red funnel ferry terminal where you can then walk around the medieval walls of the city.

Monday night go to the Dancing Man and Platform Tavern pubs before going for an amazing curry at Corriander Lounge or try one of the many restaurants on Oxford Street.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 13:05 by sjs12.

Date: May 26, 2018 13:08

My daughter says the Titanic museum is good. Also the Tudor House might be worth a visit.

Date: May 26, 2018 13:10

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 26, 2018 15:27

Been on the phone for 2hours waiting with axs.ticket will be at box office.they should have said so before.@#$%& them
.jeroen

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 26, 2018 15:46

RiffKichards
Hi Everybody,

Sandbanks which crosses Poole Harbour is a very nice place to enjoy with beautiful coastal views...

[en.wikipedia.org]

I also agree with the New Forest recommendation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-26 15:48 by mikehat.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 26, 2018 16:13

Winchester is only 10 miles to the north - it's a beautiful small city worth a visit.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 26, 2018 17:35

Southampton has a pretty good art gallery too.

[www.southamptoncityartgallery.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 26, 2018 17:44

Bring your plastic macs/raincoats to this one folks! The weather’s looking grim. I’ll certainly be bringing mine. Keith is going to have to give his magic rainstick a triple shake for this. eye rolling smiley

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: May 26, 2018 17:55

AXS finally responded to the emails we sent and add leaving our tix at will call. So maybe emailing them will still work.

Date: May 26, 2018 18:20

sjs12
RiffKichards
Hi Everybody,

Maybe visit the New Forest. Lymington and Brockenhurst have train stations if you're not in a car. Have a look round Poole first. Then head over to Southampton and get the shuttle bus to the red funnel ferry terminal where you can then walk around the medieval walls of the city.

Monday night go to the Dancing Man and Platform Tavern pubs before going for an amazing curry at Corriander Lounge or try one of the many restaurants on Oxford Street.

Thank You sjs12 !! I think we will try a good pint of beer before having a curry. Great ideas !!

Date: May 26, 2018 18:22

mikehat
RiffKichards
Hi Everybody,

Sandbanks which crosses Poole Harbour is a very nice place to enjoy with beautiful coastal views...

[en.wikipedia.org]

I also agree with the New Forest recommendation.

Thank you it is very nice of you !!

Date: May 26, 2018 18:24

nobodyimportant
Southampton has a pretty good art gallery too.

[www.southamptoncityartgallery.com]

Interesting. We will appreciate it !! Thank you.

Date: May 26, 2018 18:25

john lomax
Winchester is only 10 miles to the north - it's a beautiful small city worth a visit.

Thank you !!

Date: May 26, 2018 18:34

RiffKichards
sjs12
RiffKichards
Hi Everybody,

Thank You sjs12 !! I think we will try a good pint of beer before having a curry. Great ideas !!

The dancing man has a micro brewery inside and is in the medeival Wool House and still has carvings of French prisoner of war graffiti on the wooden beams upstairs. The platform tavern has some Stones memorabilia inside and is built with the medieval walls.

Date: May 26, 2018 18:35

Or it might be Spanish graffiti. I can't remember which war...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 26, 2018 20:56

Anyone else buy a pit ticket?

I bought pit A and just noticed that the ticket doesn't specify any side. It just says "no filter pit".

The venue website says that "the gate stated on your ticket is closest to your ticket location."

The gate nearest to pit A is the orange gate - but my ticket suggests entry via the blue gate, which is nearest to pit B and on the opposite side of the stadium to pit A confused smiley

Date: May 26, 2018 21:06

Beast
Anyone else buy a pit ticket?

I bought pit A and just noticed that the ticket doesn't specify any side. It just says "no filter pit".

The venue website says that "the gate stated on your ticket is closest to your ticket location."

The gate nearest to pit A is the orange gate - but my ticket suggests entry via the blue gate, which is nearest to pit B and on the opposite side of the stadium to pit A confused smiley

Well spotted, I didn't notice that.
I chose Pit B and my ticket doesn't specify which pit, and also recommends the Blue Gate.
It does however say pit B on the AXS card that the tickets were attached too so I will take that along with my tickets.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 26, 2018 21:26

Yes, I was planning to do the same. as my AXS thing says pit A (in teeny-weeny letters).

I'd like to know why the suggested entry for both pits is the blue gate, though, as it doesn't make sense if the pit set-up is the same as it has been so far this time around.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2018 21:47

john lomax

...beautiful, hot and sunny! Well worth to visit. A great place to decompress between shows.

Date: May 26, 2018 22:02

SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

...beautiful, hot and sunny! Well worth to visit. A great place to decompress between shows.

It might not be hot and sunny on Tuesday, they're forecasting Thundery showers. grinning smiley

Date: May 26, 2018 23:49

mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

It might not be hot and sunny on Tuesday, they're forecasting Thundery showers. grinning smiley

Maybe... Keith and his Rain Stick might have something to say about that though. Like...’I dare ya!’

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2018 23:54

SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

Maybe... Keith and his Rain Stick might have something to say about that though. Like...’I dare ya!’

"The rain stick is not infallible". Keith in Olé Olé Olé, after the Porto Alegre concert. grinning smiley

Date: May 26, 2018 23:59

Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

"The rain stick is not infallible". Keith in Olé Olé Olé, after the Porto Alegre concert. grinning smiley

Dammit! eye popping smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 27, 2018 00:54

Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

It didn’t work at the Malieveld in The Hague, Netherlands 20 years ago either, another famous rain show. What a soaking we all got that day grinning smiley A fieldshow too with mud everywhere.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home