Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: The .... 'who is going to which show/shows' thread ?
Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 9, 2018 18:25

Edinburgh & Prague
the other dates don't work for me sadly this year...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 18:35

Roadster32
Hi Pauly,

see you there:

Dublin
London
London
Midlands
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

Update

Dublin
London
London
Southampton
Coventry
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 18:36 by Roadster32.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 9, 2018 18:59

London 1
Manchester
Twickenham
Warsaw

May add some more, if LD is available

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:27

Roadster32
Roadster32
Hi Pauly,

see you there:

Dublin
London
London
Midlands
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

Update

Dublin
London
London
Southampton
Coventry
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

thumbs upthumbs up We'll hopefully be seeing a lot of you two this time around!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:36

Looks like I'll miss you Pauly...

Dublin* ... (*subject to license)
London ...22 May - Golden Circle
London ...25 May - Section 131

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:48

Dublin* - LD

Twickenham - GA

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 19:59

grzegorz67
odean73
odean73
Edinburgh = General

Cardiff = Golden circle

Coventry or villa Park = Pits?

Coventry now. hot smiley

See you there sir thumbs up Finally, it looks like you're going to get your Midlands show after all. It's not Brum but I'm sure you can make do with Coventry cool smiley

So chuffed that they are coming back to the midlands.

At least I don't have to worry about hotels.

Be nice to meet up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-09 20:00 by odean73.

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:02

Cardiff
Twickenham

Both GA

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:06

Beast
Roadster32
Roadster32
Hi Pauly,

see you there:

Dublin
London
London
Midlands
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

Update

Dublin
London
London
Southampton
Coventry
Edinburgh
Cardiff
Twickenham
Berlin
Stuttgart
Warsaw

thumbs upthumbs up We'll hopefully be seeing a lot of you two this time around!

You can bet on that. We'll be having a great party.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:09

Dublin and London for me. Travelling over from Vancouver.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:20

We will indeed, Roadster32!

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:25

Dublin - the best tix I can afford!
Edinburgh- LDs

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 10, 2018 00:20

a lot of people must earn a fortune on here and have a good manager that gives them plenty time off.

ive opted for 1 gig only,

warsaw.

if i get the time off that is.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 10, 2018 00:32

Prague FOS.

Coming from California and also catching Roger Waters, Eric Clapton and Paul Simon at Hyde Park. Had hoped tour was a few weeks later but will at least see 1.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 10, 2018 20:58

buttons67
a lot of people must earn a fortune on here and have a good manager that gives them plenty time off.

warsaw.

'Self employment' ... that's the key !! Be accountable to yourself and nobody else, least of all some snivelling s**t of a 'middle manager' !!

As for earning a fortune ? You bloody need to these days, if you wanna see the RS just once, let alone 'multiple times' !!

They ain't scared to charge for their services - are they ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-10 21:02 by paulywaul.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 10, 2018 21:01

Prague - LD

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2018 21:01

Edinburgh,Prague n hopefully Southampton or Coventry.
Jeroen (from holland).

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 10, 2018 22:17

So far Edinburgh. Maybe one more.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 10, 2018 23:03

London 1 GA
Manchester Upper Tier/Cheap seats
Coventry LD hopefully

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 10, 2018 23:18

I'm back in after a wobble -

Dublin - Gold Circle
London 1 - GA
London 2 - waiting on GC
Southampton - LDs
Coventry - LDs
Manchester - GA
Cardiff - depends on getting time off - Booked LDs
Twickenham - waiting on GC
Berlin - GA
Marseille - Gold Circle

Had to pass on Edinburgh , Prague and Stuttgart. Would have considered Warsaw because it's the last gig, but it all adds up ! Biggest tour leg ever for me. The compromise is that some of them will be GA which we don't normally do but Gold Circle is £550 a pair - outrageous........... Won't get another chance.
LDs may be upgraded nearer the time.

sc uk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 22:33 by straycatuk.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 11, 2018 00:11

paulywaul
buttons67

warsaw.

'Self employment' ... that's the key !! Be accountable to yourself and nobody else, least of all some snivelling s**t of a 'middle manager' !!

As for earning a fortune ? You bloody need to these days, if you wanna see the RS just once, let alone 'multiple times' !!

They ain't scared to charge for their services - are they ?

You said it. Work hard, play hard.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 11, 2018 03:26

So far, I’m lucky dipping the whole of the U.K. plus, after the online buying experience from Hell, Prague. Will add Coventry and Southampton LDs when they’re available plus Dublin if it happens.

I have Gold Standing for Warsaw, my only non LD of the tour. At the moment I’m agonising over whether to add Stuttgart and turn up on the day and pick up what I can outside the stadium, then get a coach to Prague the morning after. I’ve never been to Stuttgart - is there much to see?

I will end up missing just 3 shows (and 2 if I do Stuttgart) which would be just bonkers for me. I did 3 on 14 on Fire and 5 on No Filter 2017. On ABB I did just 2 and 5 each on Licks and BtB.

Thankfully I have an understanding boss who recognises that my Rolling Stones habit comes with the territory of employing me grinning smiley I’ve repeatedly changed my Leave as my travel plans are firmed up, which must be driving her mad but she sees the funny side and laughs it off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-11 03:31 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 11, 2018 08:37

grzegorz67
So far, I’m lucky dipping the whole of the U.K. plus, after the online buying experience from Hell, Prague. Will add Coventry and Southampton LDs when they’re available plus Dublin if it happens.

I have Gold Standing for Warsaw, my only non LD of the tour. At the moment I’m agonising over whether to add Stuttgart and turn up on the day and pick up what I can outside the stadium, then get a coach to Prague the morning after. I’ve never been to Stuttgart - is there much to see?

I will end up missing just 3 shows (and 2 if I do Stuttgart) which would be just bonkers for me. I did 3 on 14 on Fire and 5 on No Filter 2017. On ABB I did just 2 and 5 each on Licks and BtB.

Thankfully I have an understanding boss who recognises that my Rolling Stones habit comes with the territory of employing me grinning smiley I’ve repeatedly changed my Leave as my travel plans are firmed up, which must be driving her mad but she sees the funny side and laughs it off.

Your boss is a HER ? Sensible woman, extremely sensible. If she's not doing anything particular over the next few weekends, I suggest you pick one that suits you - and marry her immediately !

It just goes to show, that in moments of dire emergency (such as having to see the Rolling Stones a dozen or so times), women generally react far more understandingly and sensibly than men !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: March 11, 2018 11:23

coming in from Houston,Tx - London 1 golden circle
- London 2 PIT B
coming in from Shanghai - Warszawa PIT B

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: March 11, 2018 12:17

London 1 cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2018 12:34

All hotels booked, all flights booked. I was all set by yesterday, when I did the final travel arrangement for Southampton and Coventry. I am ready to roll on the tour. I will fly in on the evening before every show mostly, and home after every show mostly. At this stage there is no show to be missed for me. You never know where they will do their best show on the tour.

Unfortunately work is eating up my time. I wish I could stay and do a roandtrip of UK and Europe, like I did in the past, but I need to work at least 8 hours every day plus almost the same hours IORR work, so there is not much room for London party time. Still, Norway do have public holidays on May 1, 10, 17, 21, and after June 23 school is out, so may be there will some hours on the road still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 11, 2018 14:00

"plus almost the same hours IORR work"- bv.

Thanks again for all the effort and this site, Bjornulf. Invaluable.
Hoping to run into you again this tour and thank you in person.
Course, if everyone who offers to buy you a thank you beer was able,
we'd have to start a go-fund me for your rehab. smileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2018 14:49

bv
All hotels booked, all flights booked. I was all set by yesterday, when I did the final travel arrangement for Southampton and Coventry. I am ready to roll on the tour. I will fly in on the evening before every show mostly, and home after every show mostly. At this stage there is no show to be missed for me. You never know where they will do their best show on the tour.

Unfortunately work is eating up my time. I wish I could stay and do a roandtrip of UK and Europe, like I did in the past, but I need to work at least 8 hours every day plus almost the same hours IORR work, so there is not much room for London party time. Still, Norway do have public holidays on May 1, 10, 17, 21, and after June 23 school is out, so may be there will some hours on the road still.

Bjornulf, it cannot be said enough times how grateful we all are for the time and effort you continue to put into this. It has helped to create friendships across
nations between people who otherwise would never have met, countless pub gatherings, a treasure trove of useful information to buy our imaginations and not least the excellent IORR Band. I saw you walking past after the end of the final No Filter Show in Paris and like me you stopped to take photos of those delightful Argentinian fans doing their funny dance. I thought you looked happy but tired and ready to get the next plane home.

How you get so much out of your time is amazing and before you write that book on your Stones gigging experiences, please write us one for ‘super productive time management’! thumbs up

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 11, 2018 14:52

22 May - London! See you there?

Date: March 11, 2018 15:25

paulywaul
grzegorz67

Your boss is a HER ? Sensible woman, extremely sensible. If she's not doing anything particular over the next few weekends, I suggest you pick one that suits you - and marry her immediately !

It just goes to show, that in moments of dire emergency (such as having to see the Rolling Stones a dozen or so times), women generally react far more understandingly and sensibly than men !!

Moments of dire emergency????? grinning smiley

Nope she’s a lovely lady but far older than me and there are too many incompatibilities....

Besides, in any place of employment other than a family business, marriage between a boss and employee automatically requires one of the parties to move on and invariably to a less understanding boss sad smiley

Now do I go to Stuttgart or not drinking smiley ?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home