Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Keith Richards live at the Love Rocks NYC benefit concert on March 15
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 18, 2018 16:46

rollmops
CousinC
Belly came with stopping doing coke.
But his face looks much healhtier now.
Never too late . .

That reads like a MD's diagnostic. I like it; thanks Doc.
Rockandroll,
Mops

LOL Sorry, Sir.
Just know what I'm talking about . .

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 18, 2018 16:46

I don't need to ever hear happy again unless it's beefed up a bit. Keith guitar wise doesn't give it much these days
Expected Gary Clark to get into it a bit more. I'f ever there was the time and place for Keith to surprise us with coming down again this was it. Never mind. Really enjoyed hearing Keith sing make no mistake though.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2018 17:32

keithsman
I don't need to ever hear happy again unless it's beefed up a bit. Keith guitar wise doesn't give it much these days
Expected Gary Clark to get into it a bit more. I'f ever there was the time and place for Keith to surprise us with coming down again this was it. Never mind. Really enjoyed hearing Keith sing make no mistake though.

Like I said GC seems to have his right wrist/hand bandaged and supported. To some it doesn't matter but how could it not?

Date: March 18, 2018 17:37

Maindefender
keithsman

Like I said GC seems to have his right wrist/hand bandaged and supported. Looks like it hindered his solo and maybe messed the timing a bit. To some being bandaged doesn't matter but how could it not?

Date: March 18, 2018 18:28

Because some people only want to talk about the music, like that's all the Stones are, they are beyond music, I know that much.

Date: March 18, 2018 18:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-18 18:45 by keithsman.

Date: March 18, 2018 18:51

Maindefender
Maindefender
keithsman

Like I said GC seems to have his right wrist/hand bandaged and supported. Looks like it hindered his solo and maybe messed the timing a bit. To some being bandaged doesn't matter but how could it not?

I think Gary Clark respects Keith and didn't want to let him down, he's a great player and never goes overboard with the Stones, just plays great in a way that's not overpowering, sympathetic as Keith says. Yeah I agree with you, he was hampered with his wrist but didn't want to miss out on a chance with playing with Keith.

Date: March 18, 2018 20:50

keithsman
Maindefender
Maindefender
keithsman

I think Gary Clark respects Keith and didn't want to let him down, he's a great player and never goes overboard with the Stones, just plays great in a way that's not overpowering, sympathetic as Keith says. Yeah I agree with you, he was hampered with his wrist but didn't want to miss out on a chance with playing with Keith.

No doubt....thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: March 18, 2018 21:14

keithsman

Yeah, Happy is a bit lackluster these days. I haven't really enjoyed it since around the Steel Wheels Tour, especially given how ferocious it used to be from 1972 - 1978 and even on the Winos shows. That's a perfect example of a song that has suffered live from trying to do it more like the studio version. It needs some kick to make it work. But hey, Keith is 74 so I guess we should be glad he's still playing at all!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:13

keithsman
I thought they were gloves Gary Clark was wearing, with the amount of clothes he has on I though he was cold.

DRUNK KUNG FU FAIL. Drink responsibly.

[www.instagram.com]

Date: March 18, 2018 23:31

HonkeyTonkFlash
keithsman

Yeah, Happy is a bit lackluster these days. I haven't really enjoyed it since around the Steel Wheels Tour, especially given how ferocious it used to be from 1972 - 1978 and even on the Winos shows. That's a perfect example of a song that has suffered live from trying to do it more like the studio version. It needs some kick to make it work. But hey, Keith is 74 so I guess we should be glad he's still playing at all!

I agree, Happy has been uninspiring since 89' 90', i also agree it's a blessing that Keith can still deliver it as well as he does at this time in his life.

I understand why Keith still plays Happy with the Stones, its instantly recognizable to the casual fan/concertgoer and it's one of his strongest best known songs.
But it shows his insecurity to feel the need to play it in a situation like this at the Beacon theater. It's like Ok, I've taken a chance with Make No Mistake, so i must be conservative and go for something familiar with the second song just in case.

Keith has had this attitude in recent years, what with not varying his two song segment at Stones shows and also not playing anything from Crosseyed Heart in a live setting other than in a documentary situation.
It's not the Keith we were used to, he always had a go at playing his latest offerings from Stones albums and made a good job of them in the process.

When he toured with the Wino's he didn't fall back on the Stones material, although he had every right to, he mostly played new material from his solo albums. Ok he did play Gimme Shelter and Time Is on My Side, but they were presented in a completely different way to what we were used to. Everything Keith was fresh and new and he had a go at everything.

I don't know , shouldn't complain really but it's disappointing that Keith has gone the way of Mick with his same old safe bet's.

Hoping for something different from the forthcoming UK gigs, come on Keith, and for Gods sake don't attempt Cant Be Seen again winking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:39

I was hoping Keith would play "Shelter" with Anne Wilson. Keith's still got it, though. Such a teas of what a Keith solo show might be like in present day.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 18, 2018 23:43

‘Happy’ didn’t have the Stones behind it.
That’s why it didn’t sound as good.
Sorry/ Not Sorry

Date: March 18, 2018 23:54

I though it sounded great, as good as with the Stones recently, i just didn't want or need to hear it sang again by Keith no matter what band he plays with.

Much rather hear BTMMR , Connection, Salt Of The Earth, Coming Down Again, All About You, Sleep Tonight, or anything from his solo albums, even one of his great cover versions, just not Happy again.

Date: March 18, 2018 23:59

bye bye johnny
keithsman
I thought they were gloves Gary Clark was wearing, with the amount of clothes he has on I though he was cold.

[www.instagram.com]

Its changed from his right to left hand confused smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 19, 2018 00:02

Warren Haynes
Melissa

[www.youtube.com]

YouTube posted by sgibson818

Date: March 19, 2018 00:06

keithsman
Its changed from his right to left hand

Selfies in mirrors have a way of doing that... ; )

Date: March 19, 2018 00:10

bye bye johnny
keithsman
Its changed from his right to left hand

Selfies in mirrors have a way of doing that... ; )

yeah i was just kidding winking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 19, 2018 02:40

bye bye johnny
keithsman

Must have reminded Keith of Brian.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 19, 2018 05:23

schillid
Warren Haynes
Melissa

[www.youtube.com]

YouTube posted by sgibson818

Un.believable.
Do you know I’ve never heard ‘Melissa’ live?
Makes your soul soar and ache simultaneously.
No words.

Date: March 19, 2018 10:00

keithsman
bye bye johnny
keithsman

[www.instagram.com]

Its changed from his right to left hand confused smiley

That happens in mirrors, right? winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2018 10:50

Wow, gotta respect Gary Clark for being able to do the performance. Surely not letting Keith down, and I am rather sure Keith - who is rightly proud for the Stones, and himself, being able to deliver in almost whatever conditions - is also impressed.

- Doxa

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 19, 2018 15:40

Doxa
Wow, gotta respect Gary Clark for being able to do the performance. Surely not letting Keith down, and I am rather sure Keith - who is rightly proud for the Stones, and himself, being able to deliver in almost whatever conditions - is also impressed.

- Doxa

Its nice to see that you seem to have fallen back in love with the Riffmaster, assuming to some degree or another you have respect for Keith's efforts.

A similar sort of epiphany happened to me with Mick on the last tour.
My how Mick silenced the critics including myself, anyone could be forgiven for getting the impression he himself, Matt or Chuck reads iorr winking smiley

Mick was singing strong and true, he was incredible last year, long may he reign as the best front man of them all.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 19, 2018 18:10

stone4ever
Doxa

- Doxa

Its nice to see that you seem to have fallen back in love with the Riffmaster, assuming to some degree or another you have respect for Keith's efforts.

A similar sort of epiphany happened to me with Mick on the last tour.
My how Mick silenced the critics including myself, anyone could be forgiven for getting the impression he himself, Matt or Chuck reads iorr winking smiley

Mick was singing strong and true, he was incredible last year, long may he reign as the best front man of them all.

Yeah , Mick Jagger was great last year, and on Blue n Lonesome.
Singing better than ever.
Jeroen

eith Richards - Love Rocks NYC, March 15
Date: March 20, 2018 17:26

Keith Richards - Love Rocks NYC, March 15
Date: March 20, 2018 17:30

Keith Richards - Love Rocks NYC, March 15
Date: March 20, 2018 17:31

Date: March 20, 2018 17:48

Black & White is a beauty, thanks.....smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:53

Thanks bye bye johnny - great pics. thumbs up
Norah Jones looks quite Stonesy winking smiley and filled the part quite nicely.
If Keith ever does a solo tour I would bet she would be on hand - as opener and as backup/co-lead singer.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:53

schillid
keefriff99
jlowe
tomcasagranda
keithsman
black n blue
Love the photos, boy is Keith getting a huge belly

Its nothing new, its been going big then disappears for years now.

Could be liver.

I've gone from 17.3 stone down to 12.9 since October 2017: I've still got a belly.

If you look at recent photos of Bill, same thing.
AND Bill was always very slim.
My Dad is the same age as Mick and Keith and complains about his belly fat even though he goes to the gym and tries to stay fit. It's an age thing.

iPhone adds ten pounds ...

Yep ... and Twinkies does the rest!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home