Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Keith to play Love Rocks NYC benefit concert on March 15
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 16, 2018 17:39

Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2018 17:41

gotdablouse
Thanks for the pics and vids, what a band, Cray, Clark, etc...that's what it's about!

Hairball
Wow nice, thanks shillid for the pics and video.thumbs up

I might be in the minority here (or maybe not) but I'd be more satisfied in seeing a benefit show like this vs. another same old Stones show in a giant stadium or arena.
Intimate setting, amazing musicians, lots of surprises, and all of the proceeds go to a good cause - "All proceeds from LOVE ROCKS NYC! benefit God's Love We Deliver" .

Yeah but AEG Live will not promote that type of show so it's a non starter, except for a few one offs, that will never change.

???

I wasn't referring to or even thinking about AEG or a "tour" of these types of benefits - I was referring specifically to this show and/or this type of show - intimate setting, amazing musicians, lots of surprises, and a benefit. But let me put it this way then, I'd rather have attended this single benefit show (or one similar it) over ten of the upcoming same old Stones stadium shows.

stone4ever
z
[youtu.be]

Thank's Z nice close up version with better sound thumbs up

This one's called Happy
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks Z, incredible. thumbs up

Date: March 16, 2018 17:41

Date: March 16, 2018 17:42

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 16, 2018 18:57

Please please give us a soundboard!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 16, 2018 19:09

Great photos, bye bye johnny. Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Here's a short video from somebody who was on stage (or at least very close to it): [twitter.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2018 19:21

Date: March 16, 2018 19:49

R. Friedman
At one point, Murray — who was sent on stage a few times to fund raise– started taking cash from people near the stage. It was surprising how much he got– certainly a couple thousand dollars in what he said were 20s, 50s, and 100 dollar bills. It was hilarious but we’ll see how the charity deals with it.

And the I.R.S.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 20:47

did someone say john mcenroe.

surely he cant be serious.

Re: Keith Richards live at the Love Rocks NYC benefit concert on March 15
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 21:40

hahaha, love the pic of Ivan Neville & Keith on the tour bus with Stella Artois and 2 packs of Malboro's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-16 21:40 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 16, 2018 23:11

spikenyc
Great Quality vids here:

Happy
[www.youtube.com]

Make No Mistake
[www.youtube.com]

Gary Clark has his right wrist in support and hand taped up....the show must go on...thumbs up

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 17, 2018 00:13

Love the photos, boy is Keith getting a huge belly

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 17, 2018 09:16

black n blue

Its nothing new, its been going big then disappears for years now.

Could be liver.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 17, 2018 10:15

keithsman
black n blue

Could be liver.

I've gone from 17.3 stone down to 12.9 since October 2017: I've still got a belly.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 17, 2018 10:40

I think i remember he had quite a belly 2017 in Hamburg when the tour started, but during the tour obviously lost some weight. I would guess hanging in Turks & Caicos or CT doing nothing, he just gained some weight again.

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2018 11:31

A pleasent surprise Keith picked up the old gem "Make No Mistake" - always been one of my favourite Richards ballads, but what a great reminder of how great and well-written piece it is. A really nice version - it follows the script nicely - how all those parts follow each other, building up the tension.

Keith himself is actually awesome - starting from the moment he hits the first chord - damn that guy can make some basically small things sound so special and significiant! And his vocal delivery is one of the best/touching ones I have heard from live ever. Follows the melody closely but with all that experience he sounds so relaxed and masterful. As a ballad singer he just seem to get better and better as the years go by. My only 'complaint' - this is not IORR if we wouldn't have it?grinning smiley - goes actually to Miss Jones. Unlike Keith she doesn't quite sound to me able to - or not dares to - to deliver the feelings the song consists of. She sounds a bit an outsider (it could be that I have too much the original in my mind, and comparing her too closely to it). Another 'complaint' goes for her and the whole band in messing a bit with the 'Make No Mistake' chorus part Keith decides not to take vocally part in. To me that part should have emphasized more, to serve the dynamics of the song better there.

A war horse "Happy" was a good/okayish one too - something Keith surely can do half-sleep, but nice to hear - for a change - him doing it with different musicians than with the usual suspects.

But shit, doesn't that man has a charisma! He might get slower, looks like your grandgrandmama and all that due to age, but as far as his presence goes, there is something going beyond the words there. A living legend indeed if there ever is one - almost like a Sartrean or Nietzschean prime example of self-creativity, making one's life an art piece of its own - having created the morals, the art, the sound, the way of life, the story, the image, the style of himself by himself, and who is totally in terms with himself. He is one of the people who surely can - when Mr. D finally dares to approach him (there is that theoretical possibility) - to say 'shit, I did it quite okay, I did accomplish something...'.

Happy were those people wittnessing him there. And I am sure they did know it.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 11:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 17, 2018 11:38

Spot on Doxa!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 17, 2018 12:29

Nice review Doxa, you nailed it.

Date: March 17, 2018 12:39

keithsman
Could be liver.

Liver than you'll ever be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-17 16:59 by schillid.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 17, 2018 13:41

Doxa
A pleasent surprise Keith picked up the old gem "Make No Mistake" - always been one of my favourite Richards ballads, but what a great reminder of how great and well-written piece it is. A really nice version - it follows the script nicely - how all those parts follow each other, building up the tension.

Keith himself is actually awesome - starting from the moment he hits the first chord - damn that guy can make some basically small things sound so special and significiant! And his vocal delivery is one of the best/touching ones I have heard from live ever. Follows the melody closely but with all that experience he sounds so relaxed and masterful. As a ballad singer he just seem to get better and better as the years go by. My only 'complaint' - this is not IORR if we wouldn't have it?grinning smiley - goes actually to Miss Jones. Unlike Keith she doesn't quite sound to me able to - or not dares to - to deliver the feelings the song consists of. She sounds a bit an outsider (it could be that I have too much the original in my mind, and comparing her too closely to it). Another 'complaint' goes for her and the whole band in messing a bit with the 'Make No Mistake' chorus part Keith decides not to take vocally part in. To me that part should have emphasized more, to serve the dynamics of the song better there.

A war horse "Happy" was a good/okayish one too - something Keith surely can do half-sleep, but nice to hear - for a change - him doing it with different musicians than with the usual suspects.

But shit, doesn't that man has a charisma! He might get slower, looks like your grandgrandmama and all that due to age, but as far as his presence goes, there is something going beyond the words there. A living legend indeed if there ever is one - almost like a Sartrean or Nietzschean prime example of self-creativity, making one's life an art piece of its own - having created the morals, the art, the sound, the way of life, the story, the image, the style of himself by himself, and who is totally in terms with himself. He is one of the people who surely can - when Mr. D finally dares to approach him (there is that theoretical possibility) - to say 'shit, I did it quite okay, I did accomplish something...'.

- Doxa

Great performance by Keith and as you point out, fantastic vocals. I think Norah Jones did OK, Sarah Dash's vocal on the original is hard to match. There is only one Sarah Dash. One thing I would like to add is that the combination of Charles Hodges (organ and piano), Archie Turner (keyboards) and Leroy Hodges (bass) playing with Keith is so much better than Chuck Leavell, Matt Clifford and Darryl Jones. It's such a relief to hear Keith's songs played by those people.

Date: March 17, 2018 13:52

Date: March 17, 2018 13:53

Date: March 17, 2018 13:54

Date: March 17, 2018 13:56

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:04

MrEcho
Doxa

- Doxa

Great performance by Keith and as you point out, fantastic vocals. I think Norah Jones did OK, Sarah Dash's vocal on the original is hard to match. There is only one Sarah Dash. One thing I would like to add is that the combination of Charles Hodges (organ and piano), Archie Turner (keyboards) and Leroy Hodges (bass) playing with Keith is so much better than Chuck Leavell, Matt Clifford and Darryl Jones. It's such a relief to hear Keith's songs played by those people.

Supposedly they rehearsed Make No Mistake twice?? Amazing the fantastic groove achieved at the end. Keith has to have a 75th celebration on the road of some sort, we need to hear his solo stuff live again!! Keith Is a Nora Jones fan which is pretty cool...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:04

Doxa

- Doxa

Thanks a Lot Doxa!! You nailed it exactly!!
jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:07

Thanks Bye Bye Johny for the Dino pix.
Jeroen

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:19

Hairball
Wow nice, thanks shillid for the pics and video.thumbs up

I might be in the minority here (or maybe not) but I'd be more satisfied in seeing a benefit show like this vs. another same old Stones show in a giant stadium or arena.
Intimate setting, amazing musicians, lots of surprises, and all of the proceeds go to a good cause - "All proceeds from LOVE ROCKS NYC! benefit God's Love We Deliver" .

Are you saying that Mick and KEITH'S off shore accounts aren't good causes?

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:24

spikenyc
Great Quality vids here:

Happy
[www.youtube.com]

Make No Mistake
[www.youtube.com]

Nice recordings, especially Make No Mistake. This rendition's beauty rivals Slipping Away's from the recent tour. I like it when Keef is not riffing, just picking those beautiful notes.

Those first two solo albums from the Winos are true classics -- all songs are memorable, catchy, you hear them once and they stay with you forever. I can't remember any tunes from Crosseyed...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2018 14:28

tomcasagranda
keithsman
black n blue

Could be liver.

I've gone from 17.3 stone down to 12.9 since October 2017: I've still got a belly.

If you look at recent photos of Bill, same thing.
AND Bill was always very slim.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home