Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: 25 years without Bill Wyman, good or bad? Your thoughts!
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 13, 2018 13:26

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 13, 2018 18:08

35love
1x was a Mick and Matt Clifford graphic description and I thought hey, Matt’s married, y’know, and ew (LOL)

This one got me up in the middle of the night to do a search since I didn't remember saying anything graphic ever, smarmy yes. At first I thought it was me using the hoary line about French horn players which wasn't meant to be anything other than if Matt isn't going to play keyboards as much as he did in 1989 and 1990, why is he on stage for most of the show? The thing is that joke, while rude, isn't what anyone would consider graphic so I dug further and found what I think you meant back in 2011.

There had been a thread pondering whether the Stones or any auxiliary members post here. What followed was lots of silliness of suggesting which of us were really the Stones. I'm pretty sure this has happened recently, too. Anyway I was insisting Gazza is Matt Clifford and he hires an Irishman to pose as Gazza at shows. I claimed the Irishman only goes along with it because hardcore fans ply him with free drinks.

In the midst of that nonsense, there was another thread about rumors and a former regular asked Gazza if it was true he had once serviced Mick orally. Gazza naturally denied it and, true to form, said it was twice not once. Not content to leave ill enough alone, the former regular asked if Gazza would comment on the tiny todger business to which Gazza replied that it took him two attempts so draw your own conclusion. This prompted me to respond, "That settles it. Gazza is definitely not Matt Clifford."

While the entire discussion was crude, I didn't say anything graphic nor did I actually disparage Matt. In fact having read through pages of my search results for the past decade where I've mentioned Matt, I was shocked to discover most of my remarks (most being more than 50%) were positive, but yes, I do pick on him mercilessly as Gaslight recently pointed out.

I can't help it. It's that darn triangle he plays.

Seriously, if he gave us another "Continental Drift" or "Angel in My Heart," I'd be ecstatic. That's not been his role in the past 18 years and I am critical of that role. To Gaslight's point, that's Mick's doing. If I had Matt's talent and could have his job, I'd do it, too. Who wouldn't?

Now if there really was something else, I don't think it was my comment (for a change). Either that or you have a dirtier mind than I do. I don't think that's the case. You seem a very sweet person.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: March 13, 2018 18:59

25 years ago? Really? I can still remember when I heard a DJ on DC 101 FM announce that Bill would be leaving the Stones. Seems like only yesterday.

But of course you are right. I am just getting old.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 13, 2018 19:04

grinning smiley Rocky D.
I am sweet (thanks) and if I’m a hard RS fan, there’s an edge to my mind, yes, and certainly I have posted sexual type humor.
So it’s all good.
I find predatory child stuff evil, I mean evil, and reacted. And I stand up for Bill Wyman.
I have wondered a few times at sentences linking unknown facts or stories, and I sometimes have been embarrassed to ask for clarification
(but I wasn’t on situation #9, and 1 time I thought you had a zest I was unaware when you quoted without indicating it was a quote Mick’s saucy lyrics LOL)
If you go, I fear the others who can match your memory and wit may follow,
and then how will I fritter away my time?
xoxo

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 13, 2018 19:13

I think that whole 'tongue' business is dirty. "licks" "sticky fingers" "a bigger 'bang;' ... who do they think they're kidding?

Their language is often sprinkled with casual profanites and it's unbecoming.
I know for a fact that at least two of them have been actually very dirty,
and on a number of occasions; and in what I'm sad to say: In a stunning variety of dirty circumstances.
Furthermore, they do these dirty things with other dirty people and it spreads in a crowd like an infection.
Would you want your little sister hanging around this?
LOOK AT THE LYRICS!! that sly reference to vaginal maintainance did NOT go un-noticed.
As for Bill, well, ok... at least three of them have been known to be pretty dirty to very dirty; there was some filth in there too; if we're gonna be honest about it.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 13, 2018 19:47

hopkins
I think that whole 'tongue' business is dirty. "licks" "sticky fingers" "a bigger 'bang;' ... who do they think they're kidding?

Their language is often sprinkled with casual profanites and it's unbecoming.
I know for a fact that at least two of them have been actually very dirty,
and on a number of occasions; and in what I'm sad to say: In a stunning variety of dirty circumstances.
Furthermore, they do these dirty things with other dirty people and it spreads in a crowd like an infection.
Would you want your little sister hanging around this?
LOOK AT THE LYRICS!! that sly reference to vaginal maintainance did NOT go un-noticed.
As for Bill, well, ok... at least three of them have been known to be pretty dirty to very dirty; there was some filth in there too; if we're gonna be honest about it.

At least Mick tried to put his d*ck back on its leash because "She's So Young".

Date: March 13, 2018 20:07

My own concern was less that I was "a very naughty boy" (as Terry Jones used to say), but more a matter of did I unwisely say something true or false that might come back to bite me. Happily, I didn't.

That said, the world is a strange place. Even quoting Stones lyrics on a Stones message board can sometimes get you in trouble. Presumably because, like some of the band, not all of us know when to draw the line. As I so ably demonstrated in this very thread.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 13, 2018 20:15

Re: Bill being gone for 25+/- years...

Without Bill: Two dimensional guitar weaving with a bass/keyboard foundation.

With Bill: Three dimensional guitar & bass weaving with keyboards joining in and contributing to what was being spontaneously created.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 13, 2018 22:00

mr_dja
Re: Bill being gone for 25+/- years...

Without Bill: Two dimensional guitar weaving with a bass/keyboard foundation.

Just asking the question, don't you think that was already starting to be built in place for Bill's last tour? I was a big fan of Bill's work, but the construct for their live arrangement was in place with STEEL WHEELS or really Mick's solo tour the year prior.

Date: March 13, 2018 22:19

Rocky Dijon
My own concern was less that I was "a very naughty boy" (as Terry Jones used to say), but more a matter of did I unwisely say something true or false that might come back to bite me. Happily, I didn't.

That said, the world is a strange place. Even quoting Stones lyrics on a Stones message board can sometimes get you in trouble. Presumably because, like some of the band, not all of us know when to draw the line. As I so ably demonstrated in this very thread.

Dude, there you go acting offended again, and I was laughing at Hopkins post.
Quote the lyrics, please!
I was making a joke that it wasn’t indicated it was a lyric quote/ verses
and I didn’t recognize it because it was an 80’s Jagger solo tune,
and I thought you created it/ Rocky D’s got more spice than we thought smoking smiley

ETA: I think this all stems from that wack Jagger solo thread what a cluster F that was cannot believe you’d ever wade back into it... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 22:21 by 35love.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 13, 2018 22:39

[www.youtube.com]

whoo hoo Bill!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2018 23:21

.............Sonny Boy No1 .....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 00:03

35love
Dude, there you go acting offended again, and I was laughing at Hopkins post.
Quote the lyrics, please!
I was making a joke that it wasn’t indicated it was a lyric quote/ verses
and I didn’t recognize it because it was an 80’s Jagger solo tune,
and I thought you created it/ Rocky D’s got more spice than we thought smoking smiley

ETA: I think this all stems from that wack Jagger solo thread what a cluster F that was cannot believe you’d ever wade back into it... ;-)

No, no, not offended. I went back last night because I didn't want to hear from Mr. Clifford's legal counsel that I had damaged his good name. Happily, that's not the case.

My subsequent remark about what is improper even on a Stones site was because we were both being teased by hopkins. I'm not upset with anyone. Honest.

The only thing I'm leery of doing is posting opinions I've shared many times for 20 years here and having friends get pissed off at me because they feel I'm sounding off like an intolerant boor. Whether I think they're being fair or not isn't the point. Why say it at all? Mainly, life is too short to make enemies of people whose posts you generally enjoy.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 14, 2018 01:04

video: [youtu.be]

Date: March 14, 2018 01:05

Rocky Dijon
Well, as your ‘friend’ amongst friends, I think we’d point out
(and Bjornulf is stealth and sees most if not all too)
if you were out of line/ something causing trouble.
In fact, I sort of did here to you about
the drugged 9 year old sentence you used/ as an example I guess.
When you wrote that, I said: be careful
as a suggestion objectively.
And I am not sure who first brought up Bill’s marriage to Mandy/etc.
but it’s not the same (to you either, I know) but it got grossly detailed and compared.
It will always bring out the bear in me personally, illegal sex with children. Which for the love of God,
can we talk about bass playing instead.
Just so you know where I come from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 01:06 by 35love.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 14, 2018 01:07

Date: March 14, 2018 01:11

35love
In fact, I sort of did here to you about
the drugged 9 year old sentence you used/ as an example I guess.
When you wrote that, I said: be careful

I'm not going back to it because it was an ugly conversation, but I must have written it poorly. The drugged girl was a reference to Roman Polanski and she wasn't nine years old. The nine year old is "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller" which could very well be completely innocent. I was all over the place in that conversation between morality, legality, perceptions of double standards for gender and orientation. It was a wild one. It interested me, though, but I don't think anyone else wanted to take part.

Date: March 14, 2018 01:26

.............................................. Photo Bob Bonis

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 03:38

matxil

Haha..you found the wineglass!

Whoa, what has happened to this thread??!

Date: March 14, 2018 04:08

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 04:20

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 04:23

Charlie looks good pram-pushing down the High Street.

Date: March 14, 2018 04:30

And they were hot ..hot ...hot .... in Bo Diddley' suits

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 04:38

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 04:48

..................................... 1963

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 05:00

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2018 05:14

Really great pictures Rockman.
When I very first started following the Stones as a kid, and I didn't know what was what, it was Bill Wyman who was the big, bad, dangerous Stone IMO.

Date: March 14, 2018 06:13

Palace Revolution 2000
Really great pictures Rockman.
When I very first started following the Stones as a kid, and I didn't know what was what, it was Bill Wyman who was the big, bad, dangerous Stone IMO.

You do not seriously wear the threads he wore in the 70’s unless you are a MF’er
(lol)
But he was.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 14, 2018 08:22

Rockman

And they were hot ..hot ...hot .... in Bo Diddley' suits

Charlie looks timelessly cool and sophisticated in that tartan jacket.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 14, 2018 09:22

Thanks, Rockman, cool pictures!

But to that "Biggest break in career: Meeting Beatles" I would also add: [Author's note: liar.]grinning smiley

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home