Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Rock and roll regrets
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:14

Andrew Loog Oldham -- would be cool ta hang out with the guy and listen to his stories... after all he was up there in the front trench's and survived..

Eleanor The Snake Tongued Lady .... FAR from R&R more a cheap circus performer .. her act is legendary but sadly never got the chance to see her live..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 8, 2018 02:58

Queen (came while was in high school... For some reason I didn't go).

Johnny Cash (while I was in college and $40 seemed like a lot of money 35 years ago).

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 8, 2018 03:04

Get The book's Stoned....Stoned 2 great read's

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 8, 2018 03:32

1. Had tickets to see Led Zeppelin at MSG in 1975 but it snowed and could not get to the city.
2. Had a chance to see Pink Floyd in 1977 and passed
3. Missed Gabriel era Genesis
4. Had a chance to see The Stones at MSG in 1972 but could not afford tickets and the train.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 8, 2018 03:39

El Mocambo. Outside on the 2nd night. Unable to get in. And seeing the guitars going in. Dejected!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 8, 2018 13:45

KingmanBarstow
El Mocambo. Outside on the 2nd night. Unable to get in. And seeing the guitars going in. Dejected!

Wow this is one of the worst things I've ever heard

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 8, 2018 13:51

Missing when Taylor played with the Stones in Chicago. I foolishly thought he'd be back the next tour closer to home. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: March 8, 2018 20:59

Seeing the Grateful Dead in 1972 in Palo Alto, California. A friend said before the show "If we're lucky they'll play for four hours!" They played for 5 hours and 20 minutes. Started going back to church after that - I had experienced what hell is like.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:00

scaffer
Seeing the Grateful Dead in 1972 in Palo Alto, California. A friend said before the show "If we're lucky they'll play for four hours!" They played for 5 hours and 20 minutes. Started going back to church after that - I had experienced what hell is like.

Post of the week

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 8, 2018 22:10

LeonidP
I pretty much saw every band I've ever wanted to see, except for The Clash... definitely regret missing out on seeing them.

DandelionPowderman
Would have loved to see the Clash, but I was too young (not counting the Cut The Crap-tour).

For the most part, a crap album too. Still, I can't believe I never saw them.

BB King was almost a regret, luckily I finally saw him a few months before he died. He was great! Some songs he barely played, and he sat in a chair the entire time, but just his presence was a thing of beauty. He still sang and played with a passion, he was smiling and engaging the entire show, kidding w/ the audience. It was clear he still loved what he was doing and he still sang w/ that booming voice!

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: March 9, 2018 06:33

exhpart
KingmanBarstow

Wow this is one of the worst things I've ever heard

Tell me about it. So near and yet so far!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home