Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: OT: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: April 11, 2018 17:14

Great!
I would like to go! Voted for The Brussels Affair smiling smiley

Do I need to make any kind of reservation or something? Or its just 7 ponds for entry in the evening?

Re: OT: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Date: April 11, 2018 17:47

longvehicle
Great!
I would like to go! Voted for The Brussels Affair smiling smiley

Do I need to make any kind of reservation or something? Or its just 7 ponds for entry in the evening?

Yeah, I see TBA is second now smiling smiley

Just show up, you don't need no reservation - see you there thumbs up

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 11, 2018 23:26

hey Bard it would be great to get these gigs on DVD..cheers mate

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: April 12, 2018 18:45

colonial

The last gig is out on YouTube, but the quality isn't really DVD material smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 13, 2018 11:29

Hi Dandy,

If you contact the Hope and Anchor they say “contact the band for tickets” so I am hereby contacting the band.....
if no tickets ( and thread seems to suggest this ) what time is kick off ?

Ejm

Date: April 13, 2018 11:43

EJM
Hi Dandy,

If you contact the Hope and Anchor they say “contact the band for tickets” so I am hereby contacting the band.....

Ejm

Just show up, buy tickets at the door. Doors open at 7 pm, and the band will go on at 8 pm (according to the FB event) the earliest, but probably a tad later.

We'll have a guy/girl in the booth downstairs making sure all the IORRers are taken care of.

However, there will be a race getting in down there, as the venue capacity is only 80 people. Popping by round 9 might not be a good idea if you wanna see the show.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 13, 2018 12:07

Folks, I wish I could be there...

Have a great time, all of you!

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 13, 2018 13:14

Don't be sorry, laertisflah...they are already in their Vegas era. Glad I was able to catch them in the good old days...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 13, 2018 13:18

DandelionPowderman
EJM
Hi Dandy,

Ejm

Just show up, buy tickets at the door. Doors open at 7 pm, and the band will go on at 8 pm (according to the FB event) the earliest, but probably a tad later.

We'll have a guy/girl in the booth downstairs making sure all the IORRers are taken care of.

However, there will be a race getting in down there, as the venue capacity is only 80 people. Popping by round 9 might not be a good idea if you wanna see the show.

So 7pm then. I'm doing a day's work here in Swindon (after getting back from Dublin the day before!) then finishing at 4 and getting a train to London arriving in Paddington at 5.40 so will race to my hostel, check in, sling off my stuff and go straight to the Hope and Anchor. I should just about make it grinning smiley

Having an IORR "Meeter & Greeter" on the door is a nice touch thumbs up

Date: April 13, 2018 13:20

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
EJM
Hi Dandy,

Ejm

So 7pm then. I'm doing a day's work here in Swindon (after getting back from Dublin the day before!) then finishing at 4 and getting a train to London arriving in Paddington at 5.40 so will race to my hostel, check in, sling off my stuff and go straight to the Hope and Anchor. I should just about make it grinning smiley

Having an IORR "Meeter & Greeter" on the door is a nice touch thumbs up

thumbs up

Date: April 13, 2018 16:42

"Don't be sorry, laertisflah...they are already in their Vegas era. Glad I was able to catch them in the good old days..."

Ha..ha... I'm not the right recipient of your comment, Z. Because I really love the Stones performances in the last three dacades.

Date: April 13, 2018 16:53

grinning smiley

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 13, 2018 18:49

Yeah well...only joking. In the "good old days" I only mean six months ago in Amsterdam. I wish I could make it to London.

Date: April 13, 2018 20:24

Me too. But I can't, unfortunately.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2018 20:33

Not sure where I read the rumour that the mighty IORR band may be playing the Shidoobee boat cruise around the Twick show, but can anyone confirm/deny? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 13, 2018 20:39

MisterDDDD
Not sure where I read the rumour that the mighty IORR band may be playing the Shidoobee boat cruise around the Twick show, but can anyone confirm/deny? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That was indeed the plan, but we couldn't get the band to rearrange plans etc when the cruise date was changed, unfortunately..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2018 20:45

DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD

That was indeed the plan, but we couldn't get the band to rearrange plans etc when the cruise date was changed, unfortunately..
Drag.
Thanks for the update!

Date: April 14, 2018 01:34

Bard..hey mate thanks for the gig invite ya posted on fb but as much as I'd love to be there I can't make it and sure it'll be a great night looking forward to ya photo's and watching it on youtube I'm gonna download The IORR Band banner photo and frame it and put it up on my rock wall with all the other posters..hey mate ya got no New Zealand flag on ya banner yea..cheers mate

colonialNZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-19 23:01 by colonial.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 14, 2018 02:30

Love to go but I'm flying home that day after London show.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 14, 2018 09:04

So there isn't a chance you can repeat the show around Twickenham date?

And what about an IORR members meeting in London?

Date: April 14, 2018 12:08

babyblue
Love to go but I'm flying home that day after London show.

The IORR Band gig is the night BEFORE London Stadium Show 1.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 14, 2018 12:40

Steinschlag
johnnythunders
To really recreate the Stones experience we should have tickets whose prices go up and down for no apparent reason, a 4 hour wait to buy online and Lucky Dips that could result in you being placed anywhere in the Hope and Anchor...

Maybe we could try to create a pit area in there smileys with beer

The Hope and Anchor I remember was definitely a pit! No seriously a great little venue some real history dripping off those sweaty walls.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 14, 2018 14:20

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 14, 2018 15:14

babyblue, isn't the IORR gig the night before the first London show?

(I see now that grzegorz67 said that above!)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-14 15:19 by angee.

Date: April 14, 2018 22:11

colonial

Agreed, that's one of the main things I should take care of: good Footage/Audio. These kind of gigs don't happen every day..

Date: April 14, 2018 23:05

ErwinH

Hi Erwin,

Useful photo. I know what to look for when I get out of the underground station! I’m looking forward to this gig as much as I am the other band up the road at the big stadium the next day grinning smiley

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: April 15, 2018 00:59

Sounds like a great night in prospect! Sure am looking forward to it. Normally if I go to a London pub I take my own food in my pocket to avoid getting poisoned!!! However The Hope & Anchor has a 5/5 Official Food Hygeine rating, (as at 3rd August 2017). I will certainly be tucking into their grub afore the much anticipated performance of the 21st!

Date: April 16, 2018 03:43

TheflyingDutchman
colonial

Agreed, that's one of the main things I should take care of: good Footage/Audio. These kind of gigs don't happen every day..
TheFlyingDutchman..smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 16, 2018 10:24

CaptainGlassback
Sounds like a great night in prospect! Sure am looking forward to it. Normally if I go to a London pub I take my own food in my pocket to avoid getting poisoned!!! However The Hope & Anchor has a 5/5 Official Food Hygeine rating, (as at 3rd August 2017). I will certainly be tucking into their grub afore the much anticipated performance of the 21st!

this isn't Salisbury, you know

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 16, 2018 11:32

Adrian-L
CaptainGlassback

this isn't Salisbury, you know

...but it’s a helpful reminder to bring my own packets of white vinegar for the chips. We Canucks never quite figured out your malt vinegar. Do NOT get me started on mayo. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home