Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig at the Hope and Anchor (VIDEOS on page 9)
Date: March 2, 2018 12:38

----- UPDATE! Show up early - tickets at the door -----

Yep, we're doing it again!

The Hope and Anchor on Upper Street in Islington hosted shows by bands like The Clash, The Police and Dire Straits back in the day. It's an intimate pub, with a quite small capacity - so be quick smiling smiley

This time we'll have a really big band. All the musicians who have played shows with the IORR Band earlier will do this show. That includes:

Mathijs: Guitar
Tele71: Guitar
DandelionPowderman: Vocals and guitar
djgab: Mandolin
Wild Slivowitz: Harp
ErwinH: Drums
Steinschlag: Vocals and keyboards
mr_dja: Bass
duke richardson: Vocals, bass and percussion

Sophie, the aussie sax player, might also join us, like she did in Amsterdam.

A little clip from the Amsterdam-gig

We're very happy that we got everyone on board for this show, and that the booking now is finalised and confirmed.

This post will be updated with more info about show time and ticket prices etc. soon. We hope to see you all on May 21! thumbs up

Normann Hess

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-24 16:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: OT: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:54

WONDERFUL News!!! See you there guys smileys with beer

Re: OT: WELCOME TO LONDON! The IORR Band-gig and meet-up at the Hope and Anchor in London May 21
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:55

I know you’re gonna rip that joint!

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 2, 2018 12:56

Excellent. Hopefully I can make this sounds like fun.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:31

great, great venue, many a cracking night had there .... I'm all over this

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:38

Really looking forward to it. Seen many a great band there over the years - The Specials, Madness, Ian Dury, The Only Ones and soon the IORR Band.

You got to roll it.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:39

Far out!!

And within very easy striking distance of my own neighbourhood, too - GRReat choice of venue!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:45

Great news!

Looking forward to it.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:53

I'm in for sure!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:54

Awesome spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beer

Nate

Date: March 2, 2018 14:32

Great photo of the band Dandy!

I so wish I could be there and play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 14:33 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 2, 2018 18:28

This is gonna be a scream.smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:00

Wow, I'm almost as sorry to miss this as I am to miss the Stones!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:22

A cool gang!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 3, 2018 00:32

Sounds like a plan!smiling smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 3, 2018 02:12

Aquamarine

I agree!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 03:42 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 3, 2018 02:34

Someone please periscope it!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 3, 2018 05:50

Yes, yes, yes!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 3, 2018 11:23

makes me want to go to london! who is who in that pic above?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2018 12:09

DandelionPowderman
Yep, we're doing it again!

The Hope and Anchor on Upper Street in Islington hosted shows by bands like The Clash, The Police and Dire Straits back in the day. It's an intimate pub, with a quite small capacity - so be quick smiling smiley

This time we'll have a really big band. All the musicians who have played shows with the IORR Band earlier will do this show. That includes:

Mathijs: Guitar
Tele71: Guitar
DandelionPowderman: Vocals and guitar
djgab: Mandolin
Wild Slivowitz: Harp
ErwinH: Drums
Steinschlag: Vocals and keyboards
mr_dja: Bass
duke richardson: Vocals, bass and percussion

Sophie, the aussie sax player, might also join us, like she did in Amsterdam.

We're very happy that we got everyone on board for this show, and that the booking now is finalised and confirmed.

This post will be updated with more info about show time and ticket prices etc. soon. We hope to see you all on May 21! thumbs up

Normann Hess

Gasp ! Yes indeed, you ARE doing it again !!

You know perfectly well that yet once more I won't be able to be there, and yet you insist on arranging it !!

F**k it, I give up. Take me to a tall cliff-edge with a long drop, I'm going to end it all, can't take any further disappointments like this ........ !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 3, 2018 12:15

Damn this looks so cool. Please do edinburgh!!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 3, 2018 13:11

To really recreate the Stones experience we should have tickets whose prices go up and down for no apparent reason, a 4 hour wait to buy online and Lucky Dips that could result in you being placed anywhere in the Hope and Anchor...

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 3, 2018 13:15

johnnythunders
To really recreate the Stones experience we should have tickets whose prices go up and down for no apparent reason, a 4 hour wait to buy online and Lucky Dips that could result in you being placed anywhere in the Hope and Anchor...

Maybe we could try to create a pit area in there smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2018 13:26

johnnythunders

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 3, 2018 19:18

johnnythunders, that was very good! grinning smiley cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 3, 2018 19:47

Looks like so much fun. Wish I could be there!smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 21:43

I'm gonna come for sure, this is going to be the best trip ever. I plan to shoot, and if Dandi will let me, perhaps sit in for a number. Hey, maybe we should scope it?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 5, 2018 18:57

Leonioid
Aquamarine

I agree!

I agree too. Had so much fun in Amsterdam.
Still remember ‘down in the hole’ as a highlight.

[youtu.be]

Give all my money to the concerts last year so only a very, very small chance to be there in London.
Feel bad about it sad smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 18:59 by Niek.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 5, 2018 19:38

Great lineup

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 5, 2018 19:39

Hello,

I really wanna get on down for this- it'll be ace!

Cheers,

Simon.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home