Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Warsaw Poland travel and show info
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 4, 2018 19:26

Yes, I check everyday. I've booked flights and hotel, just need that face value ticket. cool smiley

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 4, 2018 21:02

glmmr_twn
Yes, I check everyday. I've booked flights and hotel, just need that face value ticket. cool smiley

Did you check the official event page on facebook? [www.facebook.com]

In the discussions section lots of tickets for sale.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 4, 2018 21:09

Yes, I check FB too. Didn't see anything I liked.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 5, 2018 05:22

Just now Thursday morning, ticket delivered to my flat in Tokyo. smiling smiley

Date: April 5, 2018 20:32

Eventim Germany is selling PIT now for Stuttgart and Berlin. If you're in the race for a Warsaw PIT ticket, I'd suggest to watch eventim.pl very closely the next few days...

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 10, 2018 22:22

Ticket arrived today, wont be using viagogo again but at least i got my ticket.

just to book flights now.

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: April 11, 2018 16:03

Does anybody know something about afterparty? Of course it's too early, but..

Or maybe some good places to drink a couple of beers after concert which not be closed after midnight?

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: April 11, 2018 16:20

longvehicle

Or maybe some good places to drink a couple of beers after concert which not be closed after midnight?

Well, If I want to drink beer in the city center, I usually go to PiwPaw - it is open 24h, wide variety of beers (tap bar), cons: rather expensive for my student budget (10-15 PLN per beer ~ 4 eur) and there are mainly craft beers - sometimes I just like to drink basic, "plain" beer.

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: April 11, 2018 16:51

2MWasilewski:

Thanks a lot! As for me, that's really great. Just added to favorites smileys with beer

Date: April 11, 2018 17:32

MWasilewski
longvehicle

Well, If I want to drink beer in the city center, I usually go to PiwPaw - it is open 24h, wide variety of beers (tap bar), cons: rather expensive for my student budget (10-15 PLN per beer ~ 4 eur) and there are mainly craft beers - sometimes I just like to drink basic, "plain" beer.

Looks great, they do have a lot to offer! I see some pics of the place on facebook, what's with all the small glasses? Is it a way to taste / get to know different kinds of beer? Like what I'm seeing! Definately worth a visit

Date: April 11, 2018 19:15

if anyones for a pre concert or post concert beer, im up for that, the stadiums just across the vistula from central warsaw, and down from the oldtown, so theres plenty of places to choose from.

ill be in warsaw from 7th to 11th, not got my flights yet though.

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:14

jackflash27
Looks great, they do have a lot to offer! I see some pics of the place on facebook, what's with all the small glasses? Is it a way to taste / get to know different kinds of beer? Like what I'm seeing! Definately worth a visit

Yes indeed, the small glasses are for tasting, I dont know the exact price, something about 1-2 PLN per glass. Or maybe even free, all these tap bars intermingle in my memories.

In general, the Zurawia Street is in my opinion some kind of Warsaw bar area (probably one of many) - go there and you'll find many drinking possibilities. General idea is that you won't have a problem with drinking after the concert.

What may be a problem for all of you is that this particular Sunday, 8th of July is a Sunday on which all the grocery shops, hipermarkets, etc. will be closed - this is rather new law in Poland that 2 Sundays in each month are trade free. Restaurants, bars will be of course open. The small grocery shops that are run by the owner (not by his/her employees) may also be open. In general, to buy food or beverages, you would have to visit petrol station (which will also be open).

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2018 12:54

MWasilewski
jackflash27

Yes indeed, the small glasses are for tasting, I dont know the exact price, something about 1-2 PLN per glass. Or maybe even free, all these tap bars intermingle in my memories.

In general, the Zurawia Street is in my opinion some kind of Warsaw bar area (probably one of many) - go there and you'll find many drinking possibilities. General idea is that you won't have a problem with drinking after the concert.

What may be a problem for all of you is that this particular Sunday, 8th of July is a Sunday on which all the grocery shops, hipermarkets, etc. will be closed - this is rather new law in Poland that 2 Sundays in each month are trade free. Restaurants, bars will be of course open. The small grocery shops that are run by the owner (not by his/her employees) may also be open. In general, to buy food or beverages, you would have to visit petrol station (which will also be open).

Thanks for the tip off. Once again, local knowledge is so valuable. These new laws are presumably the handiwork of the rather theocratic Duda Government. I have an AirBnB in Warsaw so I will be sure to stock up on groceries beforehand.

Date: April 25, 2018 19:44

plyta miejsce stojace

is the part of the pitch i will be in.

translated it means

plate standing place.

which does not make sense to me.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 25, 2018 22:19

buttons67
plyta miejsce stojace

is the part of the pitch i will be in.

translated it means

plate standing place.

which does not make sense to me.

It’s general admission. The purple bit at the back here;

[files.tinypic.pl]

Date: April 25, 2018 23:10

cheers gregorz67. i just wondered why the mentioned plate.

Date: April 27, 2018 00:18

anyone know the alcohol regulations in warsaw.

im arriving into modlin airport after 8pm on friday 6th july, i changed my booking, and was wondering if i might be too late to buy a few beers if i dont get into central warsaw by 10pm. in scotland you cant get a carry out after 10pm and im not sure of the rules in poland.

anyone know.

i fancy getting into central warsaw on the cheap, by public transport, checking into my hotel, going out for a meal then off to the pub for a couple of drinks, but would like a few tins beer to take back to hotel.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 27, 2018 01:59

buttons67
anyone know the alcohol regulations in warsaw.

im arriving into modlin airport after 8pm on friday 6th july, i changed my booking, and was wondering if i might be too late to buy a few beers if i dont get into central warsaw by 10pm. in scotland you cant get a carry out after 10pm and im not sure of the rules in poland.

anyone know.

i fancy getting into central warsaw on the cheap, by public transport, checking into my hotel, going out for a meal then off to the pub for a couple of drinks, but would like a few tins beer to take back to hotel.

You'll get what you need smiling smiley

Posted by: kevingolfm ()
Date: May 5, 2018 19:02

Date: May 5, 2018 19:05

UNDERCOVER of the FRIDAY NIGHT
POLISH VODKA BAR TOUR

July 6th, 2018 Warsaw
w/ the Rolling Stones a

having issues posting it all . . .but I will figure it out

Date: May 6, 2018 00:59

Details will follow in a few days and also located here

Undercover of the Friday Night Polish Vodka BAr Tour with STones Swag and more

Date: May 6, 2018 01:01

Date: May 6, 2018 18:49

so are the rolling stones going on the tour.

Undercover of the Friday Night party PART 1
Date: May 7, 2018 01:24

UNDERCOVER of the FRIDAY NIGHT
POLISH VODKA BAR TOUR

July 6th, 2018 Warsaw
w/ the Rolling Stones and Shidoobees

MEET at 6:30 at The Polonia Palace Hotel Lobby & Lobby Bar. Al. Jerozolimskie 45
00-692 Warsaw, Poland tel.: + 48 22 31 82 800

STONES “Loud Enough to Bust yer Brains Out” Music Posters Swag Giveaways and Prizes.
A shot of Polish herbal vodka to start the night, where you will get on board your vehicle – a yellow retro Fiat cabby from communist times (2 or 1 to a Cab ).

Undercover of the Friday Night party PART 2
Date: May 7, 2018 01:25

FIRST Stop in Muranów District. Here, in a bar dating back to 60s’ you will enjoy the atmosphere, Polish Vodka spirits and some snacks. Our guide will tell you all about the fascinating, yet harsh communist times in Warsaw and in Poland. The Bar staff will introduce you to fascinating story of the place and a beautiful neon will let you feel like “You Need to Keep off the Streets Cuz your in Danger” of communist Warsaw.

MORE STONES Music Posters Swag Shirts Giveaways and Prizes.

NEXT STOP for SHOT will be by the Palace of Culture and Science. The most recognizable landmark of Warsaw and symbol of Polish communism. Its colourful illumination is different every day and makes you raise your head and gaze in amazement. The palace is right in the heart of Down town and our guide will tell us all about its fascinating history, incredible surroundings and “The sex police are out there on the streets . . . Make sure the past laws are not broken.”

NEXT POLISH VODKA BAR STOP is located on the other side of Warsaw. To get there, you ride through amazingly picturesque down town and cross Vistula river with one of Polands spectacular bridges. This place for a drink is a bohemian bar in Praga district, which for long time has been considered as dark side of the city and its mysterious atmosphere still has impact on people. But are there reasons for it? If you want to find out where to get forged documents what was cultural, folklore and business heart of Warsaw and is still a shady place, just take your shots, enjoy the story and, “Curl up Baby . . . Keep it all Outta Sight . . . Undercover of this Friday Night”

Undercover of the Friday Night PARTY Part 3
Date: May 7, 2018 01:28

MORE STONES Music Swag Giveaways & Awards.[/b]

Undercover of the Friday Night PARTY part 4
Date: May 7, 2018 01:30

FINAL BAR STOP is on the left-bank Warsaw a shot bar in Powisle district. The bar is run by an almost legendary figure, a well-known Warsaw bartender. A charismatic person, who is loved by his customers as much as his products! Here, you will be served some of the specialties of the bar like extremely tasty lemon vodka. Find out why people enjoy his place so much on this tour and ”Shidoobee People whisper, Shidoobee people double-talk . . . at once the Shidoobees act so humble . . . All the young girls they have got the blues They're heading on back to their Hotel, Polonia Palace or Center 42.

Undercover of the Friday Night PARTY The Grand Finale
Date: May 7, 2018 01:32

“I Go Wild” After end of the tour you can either be dropped at your hotel or enjoy the rest of the night going wild in some more Warsaw pubs! Feel free to ask for recommendations! Kevin 203-219-3090 Cell text or Call. This is a Friday night reservation at the height of its popular season. So do not hesitate and get shut out. Payment in Full of $95 required asap I will give ya my paypal. All the Best.

Date: May 7, 2018 17:30

looks like im going to miss it, landing at 8pm and wont know when i will get into the centre of the city.

staying just off swietokryska street.

some of them bars sound good.

i be in warsaw for 5 nights though and plan to tour as much as the city as possible

oldtown
newtown
mokatow
zoliborsz
praga

my advice to anyone going to warsaw is read up on its history on the net, check pre war, communist era and modern era photos, read stories especially about the warsaw uprising and check out a few museums if you have time, its a fascinating city with a complex and turbulent past.

hope to see you all there at some point.

Date: May 8, 2018 22:32

just booked my flights.

ryan air, glasgow to modlin and back again.

hotel already booked, stones ticket arrived.

and time off work approved.

im all set.

just need some more dough.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home