Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Warsaw Poland travel and show info
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 3, 2018 16:04

MAF
Did anyone already received his ticket by mail outside Poland? (I know that would be quite fast.)

I don't think that Eventim already started mailing tickets. Sometimes it's 2-3 weeks before they send tickets.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 18:51

franzk
MAF
Did anyone already received his ticket by mail outside Poland? (I know that would be quite fast.)

I don't think that Eventim already started mailing tickets. Sometimes it's 2-3 weeks before they send tickets.

I asked them how long it would take and they said it would take up to 5 weeks. They send out by DHL they told me (at least that's for international shipments)

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: March 5, 2018 09:42

Hi there.
Anybody have the statistics on how many times the Stones have been to Warsaw and Poland? Their last gig was in 2007, am I right?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 5, 2018 09:46

Posted by: anakin91 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 11:00

1967 Warsaw (two shows)
1998 Chorzów in Silesia
2007 Warsaw

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:35

If anyone's interested, ticketpro.pl have No Filter Pit tickets for abt. EUR 590 smiling smiley

Date: March 5, 2018 13:13

This is the platinum tickets from ticketmaster.pl site

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 15:38

According to Eventim.pl, the event is sold out of both stand alone tickets and vip packages. While I fully expect discrete drops between now and showtime, it's very clear that this is by far the bestselling show of those on sale so far. This is perhaps reflected by it having the most expensive LDs so far, at 82EUR each equivalent.

Posted by: MarekM ()
Date: March 5, 2018 22:18

if someone has 2 tickets (Golden or Diamond B ) Im interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 22:19 by MarekM.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 5, 2018 22:27

grzegorz67
According to Eventim.pl, the event is sold out of both stand alone tickets and vip packages. While I fully expect discrete drops between now and showtime, it's very clear that this is by far the bestselling show of those on sale so far. This is perhaps reflected by it having the most expensive LDs so far, at 82EUR each equivalent.

Maybe because it's the last show on tour, those usually sell well. It would be great if they added 2nd Warsaw like they added 3rd Paris last year.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 5, 2018 23:36

Great: A musician's name for an airport: ariving at WARSAW FREDERIC CHOPIN

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 02:04

unless your plane lands at warsaw modlin.

warsaw chopin airport does a good pint and spag bolognese if anyones interested.

Date: March 6, 2018 18:28

A question about transportation in Warsaw: Can I buy a 72 hours transportation ticket online for moving around in Warsaw in buses and metro? I read something on the site of ZTM that you first need a personalized WKM card before you can buy the ticket. Is this true, or can I buy this ticket online without that card. If so: how? Thanks!

Posted by: MWasilewski ()
Date: March 6, 2018 18:43

Don't know about online tickets, but you can use Skycash app on android or ios for instance - you can buy there a ticket, 72hrs one or the weekend one and it is as legitimate as normal, paper ticket - you just show the qr code on the screen if the control is conducted in the vehicle. Besides, you can also buy the classic paper ticket, ticket machines are basically everywhere in Warsaw (important: the bus, tram driver won't sell you a ticket)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 18:44 by MWasilewski.

Date: March 6, 2018 18:59

MWasilewski
Don't know about online tickets, but you can use Skycash app on android or ios for instance - you can buy there a ticket, 72hrs one or the weekend one and it is as legitimate as normal, paper ticket - you just show the qr code on the screen if the control is conducted in the vehicle. Besides, you can also buy the classic paper ticket, ticket machines are basically everywhere in Warsaw (important: the bus, tram driver won't sell you a ticket)

Thank for the info! Are weekend tickets or 72 hours tickets also available in the ticket machines?

Date: March 6, 2018 22:59

jackflash27
MWasilewski

Thank for the info! Are weekend tickets or 72 hours tickets also available in the ticket machines?

As far as I know, yes. You must know that these ticket machines are the main way to buy tickets, there is basically no other option (apart from the mobile phone), so I'm confident that they offer every type of ticket (but I had never need to check).

Date: March 6, 2018 23:25

MWasilewski
jackflash27
MWasilewski

As far as I know, yes. You must know that these ticket machines are the main way to buy tickets, there is basically no other option (apart from the mobile phone), so I'm confident that they offer every type of ticket (but I had never need to check).

Ruch shops?

Date: March 7, 2018 02:36

when i was in warsaw in october i bought a 72 hour ticket at metro station swietokryska, but didnt use them on the buses and trams, a geordie couple i met bought the same ticket and used the buses and trams but not the metro.

for central warsaw its good to walk too, everything is quite compact, stadium across river from oldtown, palace of culture of science is in the centre, near zloty tarrasi shopping centre and centrum metro station.

Date: March 7, 2018 19:31

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 21:18 by Infamy.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 7, 2018 21:22

buttons67
when i was in warsaw in october i bought a 72 hour ticket at metro station swietokryska, but didnt use them on the buses and trams, a geordie couple i met bought the same ticket and used the buses and trams but not the metro.

for central warsaw its good to walk too, everything is quite compact, stadium across river from oldtown, palace of culture of science is in the centre, near zloty tarrasi shopping centre and centrum metro station.

Sounds ideal for me personally this one’s exciting I’m glad I looked up flights-
3 days to get there, 2 full days back, zero sanity left for me lol
What a trek from N CA
(meaning I can’t go to this show, trying to reason with myself)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 21:24 by 35love.

Date: March 7, 2018 22:40

grzegorz67
Ruch shops?

Probably yes, the fact that I've been living in Warsaw for 8 years and that I'm still not sure about that proves that the access to ticket machines is basically effortless.

buttons67

I'm not sure if that is clear for everyone, you just buy one ticket, no matter if that is for 20 mins, 70 mins, 24h or 72h - you can use it on every type of public transport (apart from suburban train WKD and voivodeship train KM, but I can't imagine the reason for you to use them). And you just need to validate it once - on the first vehicle you happen to take.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:01

Maybe this helps a bit:
Warsaw public transport
Warsaw public transport ticket information

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 23:03 by MAF.

Date: March 7, 2018 23:35

jackflash27
A question about transportation in Warsaw: Can I buy a 72 hours transportation ticket online for moving around in Warsaw in buses and metro? I read something on the site of ZTM that you first need a personalized WKM card before you can buy the ticket. Is this true, or can I buy this ticket online without that card. If so: how? Thanks!

Does'nt Warsaw have Uber taxis?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Date: March 7, 2018 23:38

you can buy tickets online, which i didnt for some reason, but you buy at a metro station with no hassle, just cash.

Date: March 8, 2018 10:28

Thanks for the links. This surely is helpful!

Date: March 9, 2018 00:37

ive been checking flights from glasgow to warsaw, and might have to go through stansted with ryanair, but arriving in warsaw modlin and not chopin, can anyone tell me how much a taxi is from modlin to warsaw centre.

cheers for any info.

Date: March 9, 2018 01:14

buttons67
ive been checking flights from glasgow to warsaw, and might have to go through stansted with ryanair, but arriving in warsaw modlin and not chopin, can anyone tell me how much a taxi is from modlin to warsaw centre.

cheers for any info.

Don’t bother. You’ll get ripped off. There’s a shuttle bus to the nearest railway station (Modlin) and from there, frequent trains to Warsaw. I know Modlin town very well and have been visiting for over 20 years. It’s about 20 miles North of Warsaw.

Date: March 9, 2018 01:19

cheers grzegor67, i didnt realize modlin was so far out, when i flew in to warsaw in october, i arrived after 2 am and got charged around 12 pounds for a taxi to my hotel just off swietokryska street. hope to arrive a lot earlier this time around.

Date: March 9, 2018 01:21

buttons67
cheers grzegor67, i didnt realize modlin was so far out, when i flew in to warsaw in october, i arrived after 2 am and got charged around 12 pounds for a taxi to my hotel just off swietokryska street. hope to arrive a lot earlier this time around.

That’s actually not bad. You were lucky!

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: March 10, 2018 16:31

finally got 2 PIT B tickets through ticketmaster. Its a bit a drag to buy online from China and catch the windows when tickets are on sale. Good that my former company ( I retired end of last year ) have offices in Poland, too and some of the former colleagues are still good friends who bought the tickets for me ( it would be also no good idea to mail them to China ). Polonia Hotel was booked online with no problem.
See ya in Warszawa smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home