Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 30 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:24

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:26

Yes, I was on the plane taking off just before The Stones' plane. For once in my life I was prioritized before The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:33

Could you translate. Please
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 19:34 by corriecas.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:40

corriecas

Jeroen

Message in the Video when played outside Czech Republic:

The accompanying text (via Google Translate) says:

"Their performances in our country are a great event not only for visitors but also for members of the band themselves who do not cover a warm relationship with the Czech Republic."

Do not? confused smiley

But Google translates 'petasedmdesáti' also to 70, not 75 (although pet = 5) ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 20:10 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 1, 2018 19:49

corriecas

Jeroen

The documentary maps the relationship of the members of the band to the Czech Republic and symbolically depicts the development of the situation in our country since 1962, when the band was formed, up to the current events. Scenario and direction by P. Jandourek

"Rolling Stones returns to Prague after the first Czech concert twenty-eight years after its first Czech concert. Their performances in our country are a great event not only for visitors but also for members of the band themselves who do not cover a warm relationship with the Czech Republic. This year's visit, as in 1990, has the potential to achieve wider social significance. This time, Rolling Stones are coming to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the state, seventy years after Mick Jagger's birth, fifty years after the Russian occupation"

Video won't play in my country...tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 1, 2018 20:01

MisterDDDD
corriecas

Jeroen

The documentary maps the relationship of the members of the band to the Czech Republic and symbolically depicts the development of the situation in our country since 1962, when the band was formed, up to the current events. Scenario and direction by P. Jandourek

"Rolling Stones returns to Prague after the first Czech concert twenty-eight years after its first Czech concert. Their performances in our country are a great event not only for visitors but also for members of the band themselves who do not cover a warm relationship with the Czech Republic. This year's visit, as in 1990, has the potential to achieve wider social significance. This time, Rolling Stones are coming to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the state, seventy years after Mick Jagger's birth, fifty years after the Russian occupation"

Video won't play in my country...tongue sticking out smiley
Thanks
Jeroen

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 1, 2018 20:55

Not often you see this in a Stones city:

Strengthening of transport during the Rolling Stones concert

On Wednesday, the 4th of July 2018, a concert of the Rolling Stones is taking place in Letnany. Due to this reason, the stops of bus lines in the area of the metro C station – Letnany are relocated from 1:00 p.m. according to the enclosed plan.

For transport to this event we recommend using metro line C to the Letnany station, as its operation will be strengthened. We would like to warn the visitors that parking facilities at the spot of the concert will be significantly limited.

After the end of the concert we recommend using the metro as well. Its operation will be strengthened after the end of the concert and extended until 1:00 a.m. so that all visitors of the concert could use the metro for their departure.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 1, 2018 21:13

Good news. Just arrived in Prague for my 1st - 5 night - visit to Praha. Have a feeling the beer consumption is going to be off the charts.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 1, 2018 21:17

Rockon -I’m also at Marriott. From Boston. No wrist band yet - going to the store at the Palladium mall across the street tomorrow.
(LOunge at Marriott Prague just now playing Salt of the Earth overhead).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-01 21:23 by DEmerson.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 21:26

leaving tomorrow morning from vienna.
Stay novotel wenceslas square til friday :-)

Posted by: anakin91 ()
Date: July 1, 2018 22:07

Hi guys. It turned out that I'm going to this show on my own (I tried to convince my friends to buy tickets for Prague, but it seems that Warsaw is enough for them winking smiley ). So if any of you is in the same situation or you dont mind company I'd be glad to meet some Stones fans and share emotions winking smiley I have GA and I'm going to be on the venue about 4-5 pm, so if you have GA tix and plan to be there in similar time like me feel free to let me know grinning smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 2, 2018 05:06

From the FAQ section at www.rollingstones.cz/en/index.htm "When you will arrive at the entrance of the Event site, you will see clearly indicated “Ticket Swap” stations, once having presented yourself at one of them with your eTicket along with a valid photo I.D. you will be issued a RFID wristband."

Date: July 2, 2018 05:45

I welcome all IORRians that are coming in on Wednesday to Prague! I have been following IORR web site for many years. Have nice stay in Prague and if you have something tp share or discuss, post it here!

Jan

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 2, 2018 06:05

DEmerson
Rockon -I’m also at Marriott. From Boston. No wrist band yet - going to the store at the Palladium mall across the street tomorrow.
(LOunge at Marriott Prague just now playing Salt of the Earth overhead).

I'm going to go Palladium on show day.
So could you ask if we can pick up even on show day?
I asked RS.cz facebook, then they said it will possible but prefer to do at the venue.

Date: July 2, 2018 07:48

Can the Stones' airplane still be seen somewhere on Prague Ruzyne airport or is it hidden till the departure?

Posted by: DavidM ()
Date: July 2, 2018 12:17

Hi, there is one important thing you need to know = owning the official bracelet is the ONLY possible way how to get in the stadium, not the ticket itself. Your ticket is just your place reservation - seat on tribunes or field. Without the bracelet you cannot get in at all! Use public transport (metro, trams, buses). Tickets are quite cheap (you can buy a 24 hours tickets for instance) and you have to mark your tickets before entering metro (or mark it immediatelly after getting in the tram or bus). If you decided to travel anywhere by taxi, make sure the taxameter in that car is switched on and observe the driver if he doesn´t change it during your journey. Don´t negotiate with him about the money, he must charge you only according to the rules printed in the car. Prague taxi drivers are well known for charging foreigners big prizes so pay only what is written on the bill the taxi driver is obliged to print for you. There is also a cheap bus line to the airport so check it out in advance and have a good time. And yes, I have almost forgotten - make sure you are not followed by any pickpockets - usually gypsy gangs make a lott of money this way. If you exchange your currency for the Czech one, make sure you get the real money and exactly how much you wanted to get. There is no way back then. Have a good time and look for more information on the official site here: rollingstones.cz ;-)

Date: July 2, 2018 13:23

The Worst.
Yes, I was on the plane taking off just before The Stones' plane. For once in my life I was prioritized before The Rolling Stones!

Haha, cool - have fun! See you in Warsaw if you're going there.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 2, 2018 14:30

Stage is going up....Beer is Pilsner 65czk/2.50 euro....Weather look's very good....2 Day's to go!!!!!!

Date: July 2, 2018 15:13

Arrived in Prague.2 hours delay from amsterdam.saw the Stones plane.good food n nice beer n beautiful city n nice women. Love it.
Jeroen

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 2, 2018 15:23

If you go to rollingstones.cz page then hit there facebook you will get all the information for the gig.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:26

But no Lucky Dip information.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:36

Below is the enlightening reply to my query about how to exchange lucky dips for RFID-enabled wristbands.

Hello,

if you bought your tickets before 1.6. and if you have not received your RFID wristbands yet, you will be able to pick them up at the concert venue on the day of the event. Take your ticket and photo identity card and at the customer support stand your tickets will be exchanged for RFID wristbands. The Customer Support Stand can be found before entering the concert area.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:39

Oh boy!

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:42

Seems like another LD pick up chaos ahead sad smiley

Posted by: lukuc ()
Date: July 2, 2018 16:51

with LD tickets there was always problem. When I had LD somewhere we got them always at second attempt. But always got them.
Mostly first who was asked by us "where we get LD tickets" didn't know, or send us to different place.

Date: July 2, 2018 17:05

mikey C

If you go to rollingstones.cz page then hit there facebook you will get all the information for the gig.

Thanks for the hint. thumbs up

[www.Facebook.com]

Date: July 2, 2018 17:05

Hot hot.nit too many stones fans in town.
Jeroen

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: July 2, 2018 17:11

Nobody in rs.cz knows what is LD ticket. I received 3 different answers. Typical answer: LD is not service from our offer. Ask rollingstones.com. But I bought it from ticketpro.cz! Answer: LD was not service from our offer...
I try to be in positive mood. Sky is clear, stones are alive...

Date: July 2, 2018 17:17

Organization has its problems, but yes, great weather and music is coming! smiling smiley

Date: July 2, 2018 17:25

Otevreni vstupu = Gates open = 14:00

[www.Facebook.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 30 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10