Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 23, 2018 12:58

Was there any word about where to pick up lucky dip tickets?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 23, 2018 17:01

Looking forward to this gig..and meeting IORR Friends !!
Jeroen

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 23, 2018 17:19

ferda
No metal detectors in the gates, potentially a very few hand helds

Thanks

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 24, 2018 10:30

When the song vote for Prague arrives the should go for later ones i.e
Love is Strong
Has anyone seen my baby
Oh,no not you again
Out of control
Doom and Gloom
Mixed emotion's
Anything from the later year's would be very cool to mix it up a bit.....

Date: June 24, 2018 10:53

Also when you arrive in Prague make sure you get Czech currency...To have on you not every place except's credit card's...Also when taking the metro you can get a ticket right there in the metro station...

Date: June 24, 2018 11:00

One more thing and maybe other's before the show....When you see the Prague Castle lit up at night...The lighting was a gift from the Stones after the Voodoo Lounge world tour the Late President Vaclav Havel and the Stones were friend's...Havel passed away in 2012....

Date: June 24, 2018 16:20

Hi, i registered with the cashless portal. put in the numbers from my wristband, but then it says wristband not found...

anyone else with this problem??

jeroen

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 24, 2018 16:56

corriecas
Hi, i registered with the cashless portal. put in the numbers from my wristband, but then it says wristband not found...

jeroen
Some E's look like F's on the wristband. On mine the first letter looks like an F but is supposed so be an E. Try that. Also the 7 could look like a Z...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-24 16:57 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 24, 2018 17:12

StonedRambler
corriecas

jeroen
Some E's look like F's on the wristband. On mine the first letter looks like an F but is supposed so be an E. Try that. Also the 7 could look like a Z...

Thanks Rambler.will try again tomorrow.time for some wine now.
Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 25, 2018 11:05

mikey C
Take the Metro it goes right there....Where are you staying what part of town???

Will the metro be able to handle 80,000 fans when the show is over?

Bjornulf

Date: June 25, 2018 11:37

bv
mikey C
Take the Metro it goes right there....Where are you staying what part of town???

Will the metro be able to handle 80,000 fans when the show is over?

Haha.good one Bjornulf
Jeroen

Date: June 25, 2018 11:48

Best thing after the show is get a beer and chill for an hour or so then it should be fine...worked in Berlin....unless you really have to get out of there ...you know what the last 2 song's will be if you need an early exit...

Date: June 25, 2018 11:57

One more thing expect about 5,000+ people going to the show without ticket's..just to hang out and listen to the concert....And if it is a great day weather wise expect even more....for this one to start get there early...

Date: June 25, 2018 12:48

I think the metro will be just fine after...not like the well oiled tube in London what a mess that was...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 25, 2018 22:20

[contest.rollingstones.cz]

The No Filter Pit Contest, heh...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 25, 2018 22:39

Topi

This show must be selling badly

Nate

Date: June 26, 2018 03:09

Spielberg sold bad to.....got a lame ass crowd of 95,000 hate those club show's to

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 26, 2018 08:24

Pit available...again

[shop.ticketpro.cz]

Date: June 26, 2018 11:04

Finally succeeded in putting money in the Cashless account of my wristband.
Lets Rock !!
jeroen

Date: June 26, 2018 12:45

Any suggestions for a good not touritic restaurant and pub??
jeroen

Date: June 26, 2018 12:57

Nate
Topi

Nate

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2018 13:17

Topi
Nate
Topi

Nate

My thoughts exactly.

Mine too and hopefully that's good news for Dippers. This will be my final Dip of the tour (I have GC for Warsaw). For routine Dippers, is it best to collect your tickets earlier or later? I have been quite casual for my 8 UK Dips and got 2 Pits, 1 GA & 5 nosebleeds though I later upgraded 3 of the latter.

I have friends in the Warsaw area and have visited many times in the last over 20 years. That show has sold very, very well with huge local interest so LD outcomes may not be so great there, despite LDs being the tour's most expensive at 82/83EUR.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-26 13:24 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 26, 2018 13:39

No word yet as to when the LD Box office will open. The gates to the venue will open at 2 pm already. I tried asking on Facebook yesterday but they had no idea; said Ticketmaster/Ticketpro should e-mail Lucky Dip buyers shortly.

Date: June 26, 2018 13:49

Topi
No word yet as to when the LD Box office will open. The gates to the venue will open at 2 pm already. I tried asking on Facebook yesterday but they had no idea; said Ticketmaster/Ticketpro should e-mail Lucky Dip buyers shortly.

2pm's ridiculously early but porbably normal for a festival type setup. I suppose that means they'll do their souncheck the night before. It was similar for Hamburg last year when those turning up early were rewarded with a good soaking grinning smiley

Date: June 26, 2018 14:31

Yes, you have to take into account the fact that the venue is huge (is it the biggest one of this tour?)

Date: June 26, 2018 14:36

Topi
Yes, you have to take into account the fact that the venue is huge (is it the biggest one of this tour?)

Bjornulf's guide says 80,000 for Dublin and London 1 & 2 as well as Prague

However, it's the only field show of the tour so definitely the biggest in surface area.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: June 26, 2018 15:01

just a repost from earlier... might help someone

laughinearlydied
so this is going to be the first time in prague for some people, so I thought I could share a few basic things so that you won't make some unnecessary expensive mistakes.

the airport
the airport is small but clean and safe. in the public area there are some fast-food chains, czech pub, and a few coffee shops.
there is a 24hour food court next to the arrivals at terminal 1, they have snacks and hot meals even at night/early mornings.

getting to the city
now that part is a pain. the first, fastest and also cheapest way is to take a bus 119 that will drop you off at the metro station "nadrazi veleslavin" on green line A that goes straight to the city centre. you need to purchase a ticket in a vending machine, they do accept cash and credit cards. do not forget to validate the ticket.
second way is Uber. in Czech Republic they offer Black, which is their original product. this is the same as everywhere else, black limousine. it is reliable and affordable. ride to the city centre, depending on time of day, should be around 600-800CZK, approx 23-32 euros. they also offer more affordable versions they call uber select - still a new nice car, and uberpop - normal car.
third way is a ride that your hotel will arrange for you.
fourth way, and be careful here, is a taxi. that I would not recommend.

there are 2 main things you should never do in prague.

1) never use city taxis. never. they cheat, steal and charge extreme amounts of money. use them only in severe emergency situations. it is not safe or recommended to use them. prague is small, take a walk, public transport is cheap and if you want to take a car, use uber or ask at your hotel and they will arrange a ride for you.

2) never, never exchange money in exchanges without very carefully checking the rates. you will get literally robbed. seriously. every exchange will have a sign that they won't take a commission, but the rates are brutal.
you can pay with you credit/debit card everywhere apart from those questionable shops with a lot of booze on display. but if you need some cash, there are options.
I suggest you check with your bank and use an ATM. try to avoid those generic ones, they can have high fees, but use a bank ATM instead. there is a lot of them.
or you can exchange your money here, I use this place regularly and they are probably the safest and best in prague. [www.exchange.cz]

and one thing you should do in every city - be careful with your phone and wallet. taking a metro during a rush hour with your wallet and phone in your back pocket is not a good idea anywhere, same goes for prague. especially on your way to and from the gig.

the city
prague is a very safe city even late at night and early in the morning. you might occasionally see a homeless person, but they won't bother you. in the city centre there are few professional beggars, I suggest you don't give them any money.
you can walk everywhere, the metro closes around midnight, but there are night tram lines across the city. Google usually does a good job planning a journey, also there is a map in every metro station.

drinking in public is not permitted in some places, and there are fines. the fact that your drink is in a bag or in a soda bottle won't save you. but it is not strictly enforced, so if you won't be absolutely hammered, you are fine.

I suggest paying for the public transport. there are no physical gates that would stop you entering the metro stations, but there are controls sometimes and you will get a fine. you won't see locals validating tickets because we have cards with chips in them.

50 CZK for a beer is a bit overpriced in a normal restaurant or a pub, do not pay more than that. czech beers are always on tap, 0.3, 0.5 and sometimes 1litre called "tuplak". there are regulations in place, so in every establishment you will get electronic receipt. tipping is not mandatory, but if you like the service, tip 10-20%.
you won't pay for every drink separately, they will track what you had in a terminal or they will place a tab on your table and write it there. you will still get a receipt when you pay.
you can't smoke anywhere indoors and in public transport stations.

czech people can seem kind of cool and distant, but are quite friendly and helpful. a lot of older people still remember Russian, a lot of people speak German and in prague basically everyone can communicate in English.

bellow I will list a few traditional places where I suggest you go for a beer. don't get discouraged by the staff there, they might be a bit rough. these are really old places, locals have their own seats and glasses there and they will stare you down. but they are not mean, so just ask for a beer and you will be served just fine.
In my opinion, Pilsner Urquell is the best we have. But that is, of course, subjective, so just try different things and find what you like. Also be careful, not everybody is used to stronger beers, do not underestimate it, especially on a hot day when you are tired.

if you are not into beer, there are some internationally recognised bars, some underground, some with amazing views.

If you want some culture, I suggest you check www.goout.net .very helpful site where you can find what is happening in the city. also available in English. They sell tickets online themselves or there will be a link to a site where you can purchase the tickets.

My recommendations for music (small clubs)
Ungelt Jazz club
Jazz dock
Reduta jazz club
Agharta
Blues sklep
U maleho glena

for beer
U hrocha (lesser quarter)
u dvou kocek
U pinkasu (there you can have a beer basically in a church)
U glaubicu
u zlateho tygra
and any "lokal", like "lokal u bile kuzelky"

for a cocktail
Hemingway bar
black angles bar
cash only bar
bar and books
or there is a sky bar in a Hilton.

if you can't be without your Irish pub, try James Joyce Irish pub.

be safe, have fun.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 26, 2018 18:08

laughinearlydied

laughinearlydied
so this is going to be the first time in prague for some people, so I thought I could share a few basic things so that you won't make some unnecessary expensive mistakes.

the airport
the airport is small but clean and safe. in the public area there are some fast-food chains, czech pub, and a few coffee shops.
there is a 24hour food court next to the arrivals at terminal 1, they have snacks and hot meals even at night/early mornings.

getting to the city
now that part is a pain. the first, fastest and also cheapest way is to take a bus 119 that will drop you off at the metro station "nadrazi veleslavin" on green line A that goes straight to the city centre. you need to purchase a ticket in a vending machine, they do accept cash and credit cards. do not forget to validate the ticket.
second way is Uber. in Czech Republic they offer Black, which is their original product. this is the same as everywhere else, black limousine. it is reliable and affordable. ride to the city centre, depending on time of day, should be around 600-800CZK, approx 23-32 euros. they also offer more affordable versions they call uber select - still a new nice car, and uberpop - normal car.

1) never use city taxis. never. they cheat, steal and charge extreme amounts of money. use them only in severe emergency situations. it is not safe or recommended to use them. prague is small, take a walk, public transport is cheap and if you want to take a car, use uber or ask at your hotel and they will arrange a ride for you.

2) never, never exchange money in exchanges without very carefully checking the rates. you will get literally robbed. seriously. every exchange will have a sign that they won't take a commission, but the rates are brutal.
you can pay with you credit/debit card everywhere apart from those questionable shops with a lot of booze on display. but if you need some cash, there are options.
I suggest you check with your bank and use an ATM. try to avoid those generic ones, they can have high fees, but use a bank ATM instead. there is a lot of them.
or you can exchange your money here, I use this place regularly and they are probably the safest and best in prague. [www.exchange.cz]

and one thing you should do in every city - be careful with your phone and wallet. taking a metro during a rush hour with your wallet and phone in your back pocket is not a good idea anywhere, same goes for prague. especially on your way to and from the gig.

the city
prague is a very safe city even late at night and early in the morning. you might occasionally see a homeless person, but they won't bother you. in the city centre there are few professional beggars, I suggest you don't give them any money.
you can walk everywhere, the metro closes around midnight, but there are night tram lines across the city. Google usually does a good job planning a journey, also there is a map in every metro station.

drinking in public is not permitted in some places, and there are fines. the fact that your drink is in a bag or in a soda bottle won't save you. but it is not strictly enforced, so if you won't be absolutely hammered, you are fine.

I suggest paying for the public transport. there are no physical gates that would stop you entering the metro stations, but there are controls sometimes and you will get a fine. you won't see locals validating tickets because we have cards with chips in them.

50 CZK for a beer is a bit overpriced in a normal restaurant or a pub, do not pay more than that. czech beers are always on tap, 0.3, 0.5 and sometimes 1litre called "tuplak". there are regulations in place, so in every establishment you will get electronic receipt. tipping is not mandatory, but if you like the service, tip 10-20%.
you won't pay for every drink separately, they will track what you had in a terminal or they will place a tab on your table and write it there. you will still get a receipt when you pay.
you can't smoke anywhere indoors and in public transport stations.

czech people can seem kind of cool and distant, but are quite friendly and helpful. a lot of older people still remember Russian, a lot of people speak German and in prague basically everyone can communicate in English.

bellow I will list a few traditional places where I suggest you go for a beer. don't get discouraged by the staff there, they might be a bit rough. these are really old places, locals have their own seats and glasses there and they will stare you down. but they are not mean, so just ask for a beer and you will be served just fine.
In my opinion, Pilsner Urquell is the best we have. But that is, of course, subjective, so just try different things and find what you like. Also be careful, not everybody is used to stronger beers, do not underestimate it, especially on a hot day when you are tired.

if you are not into beer, there are some internationally recognised bars, some underground, some with amazing views.

If you want some culture, I suggest you check www.goout.net .very helpful site where you can find what is happening in the city. also available in English. They sell tickets online themselves or there will be a link to a site where you can purchase the tickets.

Ungelt Jazz club
Jazz dock
Reduta jazz club
Agharta
Blues sklep
U maleho glena

for beer
u dvou kocek
U glaubicu
u zlateho tygra

for a cocktail
Hemingway bar
black angles bar
cash only bar
bar and books

be safe, have fun.

Getting to the city: Why is the part with 119 a pain?

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: June 26, 2018 19:27

I was talking about the whole transportation part.
Unlike other big cities, where you board an underground or normal train, tram or specialised bus straight to the city centre, in Prague you need to use normal, long, uncomfortable bus that is not build for luggage, and then you have to transfer at a station with no roof and very few escalators to board a metro.

Date: June 26, 2018 19:34

laughinearlydied

laughinearlydied

the airport

getting to the city

the city

you can't smoke anywhere indoors
and in public transport stations.

Ungelt Jazz club
Jazz dock
Reduta jazz club
Agharta
Blues sklep
U maleho glena

for beer
u dvou kocek
U glaubicu
u zlateho tygra

for a cocktail
Hemingway bar
black angles bar
cash only bar
bar and books

be safe, have fun.

Thanks jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 33

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home