Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 33
Re: Prague Czech Republic travel and show info
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:44

Topi
Stuttgart pit was not in the presale but was on the general sale. We'll see.

I see, I didn't know that. I can't see any logic in it, why to keep good ticket away from a fan pre-sale, but okay. Let's hope

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:45

The thing I've noticed at big show is many will get in and head right for the front....And be there for hour's before the Stones come on...After about 3 Stones song's these people are exhausted need a drink of water/beer what have you the toilet etc....then I always find a good spot....plus the pushing and getting squeezed ....if a hot day no fun.....

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:45

paulywaul
jenyk
FOS capacity should be 15000 people. Don´t worry to be sold out. 4600CZK is too much for czech people. Complete Brno in 2007 capacity was 20000 and wasn´t sold out. Maybe ghost of Vaclav Havel the Saint will help to the promoter with ticket sales but I don´t believe show will be sold out.

Well, think about the logic here. If CZK4600 for FOS is too much for most Czech people, then what about CZK9900 for PIT ? It's probably way out of most people's budget. So if THEY are in the business of selling tickets, and WE (some us at any rate) ARE in business of buying them, then why not ... put the f***ing things on sale ? For heavens sake, why all the bulls**t ?

And at the very least, send things like emails out on time, and come up with a website that actually works as intended !!

I think...because they want more than 9990 CZK ! If they can sell it throgh "VIP Package" or VIP Package+Hotel" they will earn 2x 9990 CZK for the same ticket.

They are know some of us go crazy to get pit ticket and will buy the VIP package..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 5, 2018 12:55

Happy24

Just like you, I sincerely hope this is the last European tour, since if they come back again in 2 or 3 years, the regular price for the Pit will be 1500 Euro in Germany and 800 enywhere else.

That's what I'm afraid too. If this is the future of Stones-Concerts then it could be the last time for me.

I'll never forget as I saw the NoFilter-Pit prices on 12-May-2017 in the BILD-Pre-Presale: EUR 799. That felt like a punch in the face - as the 'Thank You' for being a Stones-Fan since 35 years ....

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:00

Guys, I am with you, the prices are skyrocketing.
But, to be fair, LD tickets are here for hard core fans, they are priced OK and worked for me great. I am fine with GA as long as Stones play ;-)
Re Pit tickets - the high pricing works against scaplers amd means that most of the tickets get purchased by true passionate fans. They are hard to get by, but typically you can get them later than in presale as many on this site experienced (including me).
It's not ideal but it seems to be workingbetter than for other popular acts where best tickets end up with scalpers. Just my 2c...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 13:02 by ferda.

Date: March 5, 2018 13:03

I know I have already written it, but the most disappointing, for normal fan, are the FoS prices sad smiley
I know I can buy GA, but I was looking forward to FoS as in Brno I had that one ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 13:03 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:10

Is there any age restriction for this concert ?
My friend wants to bring her 7 years old with her to Prague

Date: March 5, 2018 13:13

Me to in Brno....But the price is way to high now....Just want to be there the Atmosphere is always a great time....think ticket's then were 1,490czk....a bargain compared to know....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:17

rstass
paulywaul
jenyk
FOS capacity should be 15000 people. Don´t worry to be sold out. 4600CZK is too much for czech people. Complete Brno in 2007 capacity was 20000 and wasn´t sold out. Maybe ghost of Vaclav Havel the Saint will help to the promoter with ticket sales but I don´t believe show will be sold out.

Well, think about the logic here. If CZK4600 for FOS is too much for most Czech people, then what about CZK9900 for PIT ? It's probably way out of most people's budget. So if THEY are in the business of selling tickets, and WE (some us at any rate) ARE in business of buying them, then why not ... put the f***ing things on sale ? For heavens sake, why all the bulls**t ?

And at the very least, send things like emails out on time, and come up with a website that actually works as intended !!

I think...because they want more than 9990 CZK ! If they can sell it throgh "VIP Package" or VIP Package+Hotel" they will earn 2x 9990 CZK for the same ticket.

They are know some of us go crazy to get pit ticket and will buy the VIP package..

Not at CZK 20,000, not even Warren Buffett or Roman Abramovitch are THAT crazy ... they're dreaming !! That's £700. They're not selling in UK at somewhat less that, so in Prague ? Dream on you idiots !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:18

ferda

Re Pit tickets - the high pricing works against scaplers amd means that most of the tickets get purchased by true passionate fans.

It's a very simple strategy: the scaplers wanna have €800 ? -- ok, then we (the promoters) take the same price ....

Date: March 5, 2018 13:19

mikey C
Me to in Brno....But the price is way to high now....Just want to be there the Atmosphere is always a great time....think ticket's then were 1,490czk....a bargain compared to know....

Yes, but that was a rock'n'roll concert, which this is not.

Official info from the promoter:

"THIS CONCERT WILL BE PRESENTED IN A COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT LIKE NEVER BEFORE. EVERY PATRON WILL BE WEARING A RFID WRISTBAND ALLOWING THEM TO ACCESS THE EVENT SITE, TO ACQUIRE AND PAY FOR FOOD & BEVERAGES AND OTHER PRODUCTS OFFERED AT THE EVENT SITE, AND TO INTERACT WITH MEMBERS OF THAT UNIQUE COMMUNITY. MORE THEN A CONCERT WILL BE ATTENDING, IT WILL BE AN EVENT TO WHICH YOU WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE."

[www.facebook.com]

Can it get any more ridiculous? And I am not talking about that horrible English

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 13:21 by Happy24.

Date: March 5, 2018 13:23

It' why I just got a Ga fine with that...and your right...

Date: March 5, 2018 13:24

Czech to English does not Translate well it never will

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:25

Happy24
mikey C

Yes, but that was a rock'n'roll concert, which this is not.

Official info from the promoter:

"THIS CONCERT WILL BE PRESENTED IN A COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT LIKE NEVER BEFORE. EVERY PATRON WILL BE WEARING A RFID WRISTBAND ALLOWING THEM TO ACCESS THE EVENT SITE, TO ACQUIRE AND PAY FOR FOOD & BEVERAGES AND OTHER PRODUCTS OFFERED AT THE EVENT SITE, AND TO INTERACT WITH MEMBERS OF THAT UNIQUE COMMUNITY. MORE THEN A CONCERT WILL BE ATTENDING, IT WILL BE AN EVENT TO WHICH YOU WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE."

[www.facebook.com]

Can it get any more ridiculous? And I am not talking about that horrible English

If you translate it properly it's a description of chaos smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:25

Happy24
Topi
Stuttgart pit was not in the presale but was on the general sale. We'll see.

I see, I didn't know that. I can't see any logic in it, why to keep good ticket away from a fan pre-sale, but okay. Let's hope

Oh there's logic all right - to make people panic and buy expensive tickets they don't want. winking smiley

Date: March 5, 2018 13:29

Irix
ferda

Re Pit tickets - the high pricing works against scaplers amd means that most of the tickets get purchased by true passionate fans.

It's a very simple strategy: the scaplers wanna have €800 ? -- ok, then we (the promoters) take the same price ....

This. If somebody will pay a scalper 800, why not fetch that yourself?

Date: March 5, 2018 13:32

I think also the GA ticket for 1,990 was a little inside joke...As that was the First year the Stones played Prague...Also when you are here when you see the Castle lit up The lighting is from The Voodoo Lounge Tour it was gifted to Havel.....Very Cool...

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:32

Irix
ferda

Indeed, but that's the point. If people are OK to pay that ridiculous money, better it goes to promoter/artist than scalper. I wouldn't pay that but I am glad that those of us which are fine to shell out that money can.
BTW, I am sure that normal Pit tickets will appear, as for the other shows (e.g. UK ones right now).
Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 13:34 by ferda.

Date: March 5, 2018 13:33

Yes, pits will drop. It's a matter of timing and luck obviously. All in the game.

Date: March 5, 2018 13:38

Topi
Irix
ferda

This. If somebody will pay a scalper 800, why not fetch that yourself?

And wouldn't it be better to aplly "strict anti-scalper measures to ensure that these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices"? (from tle official LD instructions)

Sure, you can not distribute 80 000 tickets for each show the way LDs are, but the Pit tickets could be for sure. Or use the credit card tickets sysyem. Even that doesn't really beat the scalpers, they buy tickets with different cards just for that purpose and then sell the ticket together with the card, but it surely hepls a lot.

There are surely many more fan-friendly ways how to deal with salpers than to inflate the prices beyond scalper's interest. But there has to be a will. In this scenario the scalpers are a nice and comfortable excuse.

But again, I am not really complaining about the prices, but about forcing the fans to buy packages. Which are overpriced, so yeah, it is about prices after all, but I think there is a difference.

Date: March 5, 2018 13:44

Verified Fan anyone? winking smiley But yeah, we're straying away from the topic here.

All told, it was just a presale. Small quota of tickets in play.

The only reported pit purchase I have yet seen today was by syrel - congratulations!

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: March 5, 2018 13:59

I have had FOS in my cart and received the "can not deliver" message and sent back , since then I keep getting "payment declined" or "does not accept card, try other means of payment", the only options for credit cards are Mastercard and Visa, I get the same messages with both cards??? I am in Canada, has anyone here been able to purchase from Canada?

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: March 5, 2018 14:19

For those wanting to check out the band hotel, there is a Four Seasons in Prague, but last year, GNR stayed at the Augustine -- across the river from Four Seasons and easy to get to. Four Seasons is on a corner, so lots of entrances/exits, Augustine sits back on the street with one way in. See the map:

Four Seasons and Augustine Hotels in Prague

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 5, 2018 18:27

I too had a bit of a challenge trying to get one GA for Prgaue (at 3:00am Boston EST time!)

Finally was able to put in the Number of tix (1) and wound up ordering not one but TWO tix - after my Bank Declined them. (Combination of my Bank saying it's suspicious activity, and not realizing I could translate the Payment page into English.)

This morning I get up to find both orders had been cancelled. Anyway, long story short, I was then able to order one more, which I have printed out.

Will be spending 5 nights in Prague - my 1st time. Hear it's a great city - can't wait!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 5, 2018 20:07

Pit ARE AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!!

I have 8 in my basket at the moment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-05 20:09 by daspyknows.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: March 5, 2018 20:15

daspyknows

can't see any myself, but thanks for the info!
I will just check periodically, maybe I will be lucky smiling smiley

Date: March 5, 2018 20:15

laughinearlydied
daspyknows

let me release then now and try again

Posted by: Janneman ()
Date: March 5, 2018 20:25

daspyknows
laughinearlydied
daspyknows

let me release then now and try again

Here nothing.

Date: March 5, 2018 20:27

No, nothing

Date: March 5, 2018 20:28

I'd keep trying. They are in system. This is ticketmaster from hell

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext