Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29
Re: Marseille France travel and show info
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 14:58

jackflash27
Thanks Massimo. Doors open at 18.00 seems kinda late, no? Probably will open before that.

Security measures will be high it seems? Or is this just to scare us a bit winking smiley They cannot possibly check 50.000 people before entering I assume. But good to know security will be strict.

Yes 18.00 seems to me very late with so many people to check (and I really think they'll be checking all the people).

I've insisted on FB about the compact cameras, saying that there are allowed in other countries and the quick answer was a NO CAMERA at all.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 6, 2018 15:03

I will ask to the promoter, but the english page says no professional camera...

Date: June 6, 2018 15:21

Doc
I will ask to the promoter, but the english page says no professional camera...

Yes, but in french it was no clear, so I've asked twice on Orange Velodrome FB private messages.
And I guess that the security on the day of the show will be done by Orange Velodrome security guys. If they have orders from Arema (le gestionnaire du stade), I'm afraid that the cameras will be a problem at the checking.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 15:32

What do you guys think of the pit area? Will it be the shape shown on the maps (with the extra space on the side`0, or just the normal size?

Date: June 6, 2018 17:33

jackflash27
What do you guys think of the pit area? Will it be the shape shown on the maps (with the extra space on the side`0, or just the normal size?

I really don't know.
Tickets for pit in Marseille are by far the "cheapest" for this european 2018 tour.
Many guys are coming from all Europe for this "bargain".
But...only 20 days before the show and pit tickets are still available.

So :
A : french people are not interesting on paying 288€ for a standing ticket
B : The pit area will be bigger in Marseille

Date: June 6, 2018 17:51

Massimo68
jackflash27

I really don't know.
Tickets for pit in Marseille are by far the "cheapest" for this european 2018 tour.

So :

Still available, but only at Ticketmaster.fr (only 2 if I see correctly). And for other venues, PIT tickets were also available shortly before the shows. That said, my feeling is that the PIT area's will be indeed much larger than usual (let's hope not). Otherwise this price difference is not explainable.

Date: June 6, 2018 17:54

Massimo68
jackflash27

I really don't know.

So :

There are no pit tickets available on any official site.
It sometimes looks like, but all you can click on in terms of quantity is zero

The reason why it took time to sell out these tickets is that they were NOT available during the 1st week, or in very limited quantity. They maybe have put 20 tickets on sale in each pit.
They released them once the buzz and the craziness were over because the VIP packages didn't sell well at all.

To most french people, the show is sold out. Most think it is since day one, and the others think that there are only bad seats left, which, BTW is not far from the truth.

The only "mistery venues" are Marseille and Warsaw.
In Poland, they added a category, but the pit will stay as designed but the stage architects. Marseille is a mystery...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 18:12 by Doc.

Date: June 6, 2018 18:29

Doc
Massimo68
jackflash27

I really don't know.

So :

At Ticketmaster.fr I now have 2 pit tickets (A and cool smiley in the basket for the normal price.Still available (but not more than 2). Maybe you don't count Ticketmaster as an official seller?

Date: June 6, 2018 19:04

This is an article from today edition of La Provence.
A new ticket batch was released this morning, so some pit tickets were probably amongst them :

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 19:07 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 6, 2018 22:04

jackflash27
Doc
Massimo68
jackflash27

I really don't know.

So :

At Ticketmaster.fr I now have 2 pit tickets (A and cool smiley in the basket for the normal price.Still available (but not more than 2). Maybe you don't count Ticketmaster as an official seller?

ticketmaster,fr just list 1 Pit A at the moment and no Pit B available.
So PIT in Marseille should be fulll

Date: June 7, 2018 15:18

So, when buying drinks / ordering food at the stadium, how does it work? Do you need a special stadium card, or buy coins, or pay cash? I ask becaus in Arnhem last year, you had to buy a card. If I knew this beforehand, I would have bought it online and save some time with this.

Date: June 7, 2018 15:27

Question to the people of Marseille : did they put new promo posters out in the streets these days ?

Date: June 7, 2018 15:36

jackflash27
So, when buying drinks / ordering food at the stadium, how does it work? Do you need a special stadium card, or buy coins, or pay cash? I ask becaus in Arnhem last year, you had to buy a card. If I knew this beforehand, I would have bought it online and save some time with this.

For football or rugby events, I am always paying cash at the Vélodrome.
I guess that credit cards are OK too.
But no special cards or RFID wristbands (Prague) payments in Marseille.

Date: June 7, 2018 16:08

thumbs up
Massimo68
jackflash27

smileys with beer

Date: June 8, 2018 11:00

Massimo68,
Did they put more posters onthe bus stops or in the streets since they advertised the remaining seats in the press ?
Have you seen something ?
Merci

Date: June 8, 2018 15:19

Doc
Massimo68,
Did they put more posters onthe bus stops or in the streets since they advertised the remaining seats in the press ?
Merci

I can't tell you, I'm living 50 kms from Marseille.
And I'm avoiding this city, the trafic jams are worse than Paris !

Posted by: Egon ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:33

Massimo68
jackflash27

credit card is ok

Date: June 8, 2018 18:35

Doc
Massimo68,
Merci

no, no more posters were put up since then.

I got one of them through a friend who works for the city :-)

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:10

..reply to DOC...: NO new poster in the bus or streets in marseille..

Date: June 9, 2018 00:29

Thanks jp.M
Sometimes posters show up before show date...

Date: June 9, 2018 11:00

Air France pilot's unions call for four-day strike from June 23 to June 26.

[aviationweek.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2018 11:45

Massimo68
jackflash27
Thanks Massimo. Doors open at 18.00 seems kinda late, no? Probably will open before that.

Security measures will be high it seems? Or is this just to scare us a bit winking smiley They cannot possibly check 50.000 people before entering I assume. But good to know security will be strict.

Yes 18.00 seems to me very late with so many people to check (and I really think they'll be checking all the people).

I've insisted on FB about the compact cameras, saying that there are allowed in other countries and the quick answer was a NO CAMERA at all.

Interesting but it seems impossible to enforce, it's not the friggin' Trabendo! Are they going to confiscate 10000 cameras? It will be the usual "no removable lenses" policy most likely.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 9, 2018 12:10

Massimo68

[aviationweek.com]

Lazy/greedy bastards... I guess the only option for non-locals is the train (or loooong drives). June 27/28 are train strike days, but the trains that are on sale will run (they won't sell tickets for cancelled trains).

Date: June 9, 2018 15:28

FrogSugar
Massimo68

[aviationweek.com]

Lazy/greedy bastards... I guess the only option for non-locals is the train (or loooong drives). June 27/28 are train strike days, but the trains that are on sale will run (they won't sell tickets for cancelled trains).

Hope it won't affect my Ryanair flight to Marseille!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: June 12, 2018 22:51

Massimo68

[aviationweek.com]

I'm flying in on AF the day before (25th) from Berlin. Oh well, if I can't make it, my hotel reservation can be cancelled at no charge. I'll just stay in Germany and go from Berlin to Stuttgart - easier and cheaper (have AF flights, Marseille to Stuttgart on the 27th, which can get refunded too, if I can't get to Marseille on the 25th).

I should have originally planned to by pass France. Their #%@& unions are always doing this type of BS. My last planned trip to Marseille was in 1990 to see the French Formula 1 race at Paul Ricard. French Air Traffic Control went on strike and all flights from London to France were cancelled and I couldn't get there, after seeing the Stones at Wembley, so I stayed in London for a few more days, before returning to the US. Got all French charges refunded through my CC, including the expensive F1 tickets. This current planned strike is also scheduled to impact the 2018 French F1 race, near Marseille at Paul Ricard on June 24. I hope F1 abandons France - they don't deserve any major worldwide type events, unless/until they ever get control of this union BS!

Date: June 13, 2018 12:04

what if you rebook with say Lufthansa?

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 13, 2018 12:30

Looking forward for a nightmare trip back to Germany thumbs downdrinking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 13, 2018 14:28

Massimo68
[aviationweek.com]

FrogSugar

Lazy/greedy bastards...

IGTBA

Their #%@& unions are always doing this type of BS. [...] get control of this union BS!

These are quotes (by FrogSugar & IGTBA ) of a thoroughly POLITICAL nature; and therefor completely unsuitable (and on top of that: not permitted ) on this board.

They are offensive (think of these statements in the context of race, belief, nationality, party-politics, or even sports for all I care, and I guess you ‘d see my point...)
and obviously based on egocentrism, blatant disrespect and (véry) ill information.

I personally take offence, because of that.

And for the record: I am not French, I am no AF-pilot, I am not in any way involved in this labour conflict,
I am well aware of the ‘realism’ in the stereotype of seemingly never-ending waves of strike in French society,
ànd I am personally affected as well in my travels to & from Marseille.

Apart from all that: thank you, Massimo68, for informing us.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 13, 2018 16:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
Massimo68
[aviationweek.com]

FrogSugar

Lazy/greedy bastards...

IGTBA

Their #%@& unions are always doing this type of BS. [...] get control of this union BS!

These are quotes (by FrogSugar & IGTBA ) of a thoroughly POLITICAL nature; and therefor completely unsuitable (and on top of that: not permitted ) on this board.

What the HELL are you talking about?! What do politics have to do with people on strike or unions?! I'm pointing out the stupidity of going on strike. If you don't like your job, fine, quit your job and find another one, don't ruin other people's rights to go to work on time or go to a Stones concert.

Furthermore, as I am French, I reserve the right to criticize my lazy fellow countryman as often as I damn well please! All of my friends are fed up with these constant strikes; they make life difficult and piss us off.

Lighten up, Keef & Mick would not support your political correctness!!!

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: June 13, 2018 16:50

For people traveling back from Marseille by tgv: the trains that are available now for reservation are guaranteed. If no longer available then you should rebook now before the other available trains are fully booked. There is no on cost even though it shows you a new higher full price first.

I just rebooked mine as my original one got cancelled.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home