Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: Marseille France travel and show info
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2018 11:00

Hendrik
Im pretty sure the size of the pit is the same as everywhere and will hold a total of 1000 people. Marseille is great value for money if you want a pit ticket!

Hendrik Mulder

Not true if the maps for Marseille are correct. What would be "Diamond Pit" in Warsaw or parts of Golden Circle in most places are in fact "No Filter Pit" in Marseille, no?

See [www.topbillet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-05 11:00 by Topi.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 5, 2018 12:41

I wouldn't worry too much.
Last year, before the start of the tour, so much panic and complaints about the venue map and what the pit would be like, size, number of people etc. Are we starting the same discussion again?
When the tour started, it all was OK. Only difference compared to last year is that you can choose A or B side when buying your ticket so no changing possible when you're in the pit. (not a bad thing as both pit sides will be open now at the same time...).

280 euro for a pit ticket is a great deal so I wouldn't hesitate if you want the best spot in the house...

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 5, 2018 13:48

280 Euro for the Stones No Filter Pit is a huge bargain. That's why I love to come to Europe to see concerts. Don't see prices like that happening in NYC if they play there. In Europe, I can be VIP Early Entry at GNR and walk to the rail for about $350 US. Can't do that in the States.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2018 14:31

Hendrik, all I am saying is the floor maps seem to vary a bit from venue to venue with the Marseille pit seemingly bigger than anywhere else. No horse in this race as I am not going to Marseille myself =) No panic, no complaints. I'm set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-05 14:32 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2018 17:12

Stoneswolf
Hope they won't turn half of the stadium into Pit area...
Remember how the shape of the pit last year transformed from something inside the stage to something outside the stage...eye popping smiley

Strange how such a lot pit tickets appear as it was nearly impossible to get some for last year Paris shows at face...

It is indeed quite strange, likely a few factors at play :
- maybe a larger area but that remains to be seen
- the "casual fans" just gave up after everything "sold out" in a few hours when the tickets first went on sale
- they're offloading unsold "VIP"/"Platinum" tickets a lot earlier than last year to avoid having to "give them away" at the last minute. There were reports here of LD prices for PIT tickets on the days of the show on the 25th I think and so many happy stories of LD turning into PITs ;-)

There's no good reason for PIT tickets to be in so low demand, especially with no shows in Italy or Spain this time around.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 5, 2018 19:49

gotdablouse
Stoneswolf
Remember how the shape of the pit last year transformed from something inside the stage to something outside the stage...eye popping smiley

Strange how such a lot pit tickets appear as it was nearly impossible to get some for last year Paris shows at face...

- the "casual fans" just gave up after everything "sold out" in a few hours when the tickets first went on sale
- they're offloading unsold "VIP"/"Platinum" tickets a lot earlier than last year to avoid having to "give them away" at the last minute. There were reports here of LD prices for PIT tickets on the days of the show on the 25th I think and so many happy stories of LD turning into PITs ;-)

There's no good reason for PIT tickets to be in so low demand, especially with no shows in Italy or Spain this time around.

One could be that mass public gets a little tired of the Stones. It's only been 5 and a half months since the Stones were in France (3 shows!!), the market could be a bit saturated by now. Although the price is 'good' (at least compared to other shows this year).

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: April 6, 2018 00:00

it seems that ticket's selling in Marseille is slow as in Uk...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 6, 2018 11:07

Thousands peoples from all over France went in Paris - Nanterre few months ago.
I don't expect the same thing for Marseille in june.

And one more thing, Guns N'Roses have a show in Bordeaux stadium the same day (june 26th).
Many french rock fans are going to Bordeaux on this day to see Axl, Slash...and not to Marseille.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-06 11:08 by Massimo68.

Date: April 6, 2018 15:57

Topi
Hendrik
Im pretty sure the size of the pit is the same as everywhere and will hold a total of 1000 people. Marseille is great value for money if you want a pit ticket!

Hendrik Mulder

Not true if the maps for Marseille are correct. What would be "Diamond Pit" in Warsaw or parts of Golden Circle in most places are in fact "No Filter Pit" in Marseille, no?

See [www.topbillet.com]

Just checked ticketmaster.fr where both PIT A and B are available. What I noticed is that on their map, the A en B side are swapped compared to the topbillet.fr map! That's really confusing!

Date: April 6, 2018 17:02

Marseille was a very hard sale for Macca in 2015...tough crowd ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 9, 2018 20:34

jackflash27
gotdablouse
Stoneswolf

There is a lot of discussion about the PIT area in Marseille (how big it is, other shape than other venues,etc). Well, I mailed gdp.fr and asked them what the capacity / available tickets for PIT is in Marseille. Their answer: "Less than 1000 people in the pit area (both pit areas in total)".

So this means, PIT in Marseille is no bigger than other venues. Or maybe it is bigger, but people have more space to move around. 500 people per PIT area was also the case last year in Arnhem (I checked with organisation) and also in Dublin this year (source: the documentation of the city council that was going around on this forum).

I say: good news!

Date: April 10, 2018 01:17

Thanks for sharing that official info. It's also consistent with what they declared for Dublin as well as part of the approval process (~ 1100 ?). I think they're just going about selling the PITs differently compared to 2017 and are not holding for packaged until the last minute like they did the last time.

--------------

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 10, 2018 02:44

My guess is that the PIT in Marseille is cheap compared to other venues (I paid 500 for PIT in Poland) so it would be normal to have a bigger PIT area in Marseille to sell more... it’s very strange that the PIT in France is half price or even 1/4 compared to Edinburgh.

Benjamin.

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:16

Curious about LD. If they put them back for sale, where will the link appear? on rollingstones.com/tickets? Is there any way to put an alert or I need to refresh the page every now and then?

Posted by: sister ()
Date: April 10, 2018 17:27

walterD
Curious about LD. If they put them back for sale, where will the link appear? on rollingstones.com/tickets? Is there any way to put an alert or I need to refresh the page every now and then?
Hello, have a pair of LD for Marseille, that I won't use, if you are interessted to buy them for face value, give me a sign,
Greets sister

Date: April 10, 2018 17:33

sister
walterD
Hello, have a pair of LD for Marseille, that I won't use, if you are interessted to buy them for face value, give me a sign,
Greets sister
I am! not sure how to DM you though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 17:38 by walterD.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: April 10, 2018 19:58

walterD
sister
walterD
Greets sister
You can email me now, see my profile, greets sister

Date: April 10, 2018 20:07

sister
walterD
sister
walterD
Greets sister
You can email me now, see my profile, greets sister

Thanks, I emailed you

Date: April 18, 2018 10:45

This is not a line for buying tickets for The Rolling Stones show but a line for buying tickets for the european football semi-final of Olympique de Marseille.

Orange Velodrome stadium 'll be full for this semi-final.
For the Rolling Stones, a bunch of tickets are still available (including Pit B ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-18 10:47 by Massimo68.

Date: April 22, 2018 14:26

Have noticed today that on official web page Topbillet and Ticketmaster.fr pits are inverted!! Which is the correct one???? I bought ticket for No filter pit B as I want to be Keith’s side!!

Anybody can hel me?? Thank you

Date: April 22, 2018 14:39

anybody bought Pits ticket on Fnac? On their map it's not specified which is Pit A or B...
[www.fnacspectacles.com]

Date: April 22, 2018 15:22

Hilary, check this page a few posts back (see below). Still not sure which is right. Confusing...
I have a PIT B ticket from fnacspectacles and the entrance is porte 5. I know that the entrance for PIT A is porte 4. Porte 5 is closer to Keith side, so that's good to know.

jackflash27
Topi
Hendrik

Hendrik Mulder

See [www.topbillet.com]

Just checked ticketmaster.fr where both PIT A and B are available. What I noticed is that on their map, the A en B side are swapped compared to the topbillet.fr map! That's really confusing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 15:31 by jackflash27.

Date: April 22, 2018 16:23

I don't understand why this discussion, again, about the pit, the shape, the size. French ticketing services suck, especially when it's about the map/seating charts.Nothing new under the sun. Same issue last year about Paris. Same issue every tour since 2003 (Paris Bercy Arena) when people freaked out because every ticket had a row and a seat number, but the ground was supposed to be standing GA. Ticketing services are just bad in my country, period.
I bet the pit will be the same in Marseille as in every other cities.
I don't blame anyone, i also can be very paranoid when it's about the Stones, but just keep cool, no reason to worry.
We spend a lot of time connected with the Stones fan community and tend to think a Stones concert is a big deal and that the whole world want to be there. I don't think so, Marseille (no offense for the guys from Marseille) is not as attractive as New York, London, Paris, Berlin...for foreign fans. We are so used to pay big bucks to see the guys we think Marseille pit tickets are cheap. Come on, ask people around you who are not like us, ready to sell a kidney for another show. Ask your neighbors, your colleagues, is 280 € cheap? Compared with others Stones concerts, maybe. Compared with Madonna, Celine Dion (sorry for this one), maybe. Compared with U2, Bruce (in stadiums or arenas), or a lot of not as famous but good acts ? @#$%& no!

Date: April 22, 2018 17:40

Thank you Jackflash27 for your answer and for information about port 4/5 i didn't know about that. Me too i bought the ticket on fnacspetacles. I think and hope that topbillet is correct, since it's the official one.

Date: April 22, 2018 18:53

jackflash27
Hilary, check this page a few posts back (see below). Still not sure which is right. Confusing...
I have a PIT B ticket from fnacspectacles and the entrance is porte 5. I know that the entrance for PIT A is porte 4. Porte 5 is closer to Keith side, so that's good to know.

Don't worry, you're right.
To access to Pit B (Keith side) you have to go to gate 5, one of the access to Virage Nord (Virage Nord is closed for the show because it's behind the stage).

A look to gate 5 :
[goo.gl]

You have to walk under the tier to reach the opposite of the Virage Nord, climb a stair and so you'll see the back of the stage and have to go down to reach the access to Pit B.

A short video filmed under Virage Nord :
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 18:58 by Massimo68.

Date: April 22, 2018 18:57

Now the access to Pit A.
It's the gate 4 on the edge of the biggest tribune of the stadium, tribune "Jean Bouin"

Gate 4 :
[goo.gl]

It's easy to reach the access of the Pit A, just go down from Gate 4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-22 19:12 by Massimo68.

Date: April 23, 2018 00:27

Thank you Massimo68 for your explanation! Appreciate, hope everything will ok!
Ps. sei italiano?

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 23, 2018 08:43

Jumpinjackflash59
French ticketing services suck, especially when it's about the map/seating charts.
Not only French. Look at the fu..g color codes on other venues !
Well sometimes you can choose your seat clicking on it after zooming and zooming and zooming again and at the end the machine answers "basket empty" because you took too long.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: April 23, 2018 10:12

Hi,

I have also problem with the ticket seller.

I could buy PIT ticket at the gdp.fr site (topbillet.fr) on 20.march. at 12.05.
I wanted to buy PIT A ticket so I selected that one.

During the buying process in every step was written I will buy PIT A ticket.
I received a confirmation email that I bought PIT A ticket.
When I downloaded my ticket, there was written PIT-B on it !

I complained it and they answered simple: „sorry, you bought PIT-B and it is complete. We can not change it.”

How could I bought PIT B when it was not available that time ?
I complained in written form again and again but they do not reply me.

I found a phone number to gdp.fr. It is only but an info point not a service client.
A nice lady try to help me. She forwarded my complain in french language to her colleagaues 2x, but still no answer.

It is over a month already and there is still no answer.

I want to be in a Ronnie'side PIT A.
Is there anybody who has PIT A ticket but want to be rather in Keith'side ?
We could change.

My email address: rstass@freemail.hu

I put this question in the all sold out section.

Date: April 23, 2018 19:21

For what it worth, a friend of mine got a pit ticket and told me that there will be a connection between Pit A and B, like last year. Can't remember where he got the information.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home