Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 12, 2018 19:20

Lien posted this link which shows a plainer version and in my opinion would look better as T-shirt.
[www.instagram.com]

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 19:21

MisterDDDD
I like it...
May look better on litho than a shirt, have to wait and see in person.
Also not sure, but looks like the hotel I’m staying at may be in it cool smiley

Can't see it working on a t shirt to be honest.

Looks like it's round Cardiff bay?

Date: June 12, 2018 19:24

Still no tickets!!!!

Date: June 12, 2018 19:34

odean73
MisterDDDD
I like it...
May look better on litho than a shirt, have to wait and see in person.
Also not sure, but looks like the hotel I’m staying at may be in it cool smiley

Can't see it working on a t shirt to be honest.

Looks like it's round Cardiff bay?

Yes it is..I posted a link to pic of a Bay photograph just like it, two or three posts back..thumbs up

Undertheradar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 19:47 by undertheradar.

Date: June 12, 2018 19:36

odean73
Still no tickets!!!!

Makes you wonder how they get away with such high ..ehem ..'Service Charge' when they can't even do the basics!!

Undertheradar

Date: June 12, 2018 20:07

undertheradar
odean73
Still no tickets!!!!

Makes you wonder how they get away with such high ..ehem ..'Service Charge' when they can't even do the basics!!

And postage charges.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 20:34

odean73
undertheradar
odean73
Still no tickets!!!!

And postage charges.

I claimed mine back after the balls up that was Hyde Park 1, 5 years ago. A proper 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' situation that was.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 12, 2018 20:44

grzegorz67
nobodyimportant
grzegorz67
nobodyimportant
slewan
(and the weather forecast for Cardiff isn't great either)

The stadium has a roof.

It does indeed. It was closed for the ABB show in 2006.

With sales seeming to be slower for this show, it's a shame that they didn't do the same as the Springsteen show in 2013 which only used half the stadium. With the roof on and the the back curtain, it was closer to an arena gig.

They did the same for an REM show in about 2005. Depending on how slow sales are, maybe they still will!

Too complicated to change it, they would have to reallocate all the seats. Those other shows were sold with that configuration from the start.

Date: June 12, 2018 21:20

grzegorz67
odean73
undertheradar
odean73
Still no tickets!!!!

And postage charges.

I claimed mine back after the balls up that was Hyde Park 1, 5 years ago. A proper 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' situation that was.

Don't worry, they won't hear the last of it, if they don't arrive by post.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 12, 2018 21:42

mattstones
nobodyimportant
slewan
(and the weather forecast for Cardiff isn't great either)

The stadium has a roof.

It always rains in Cardiff!

Forecast doesn't look bad at the moment - but it is Wet Welsh Wales so be prepared!

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 12, 2018 21:53

Walesonline are quoting prices as starting at £120 raising to £450 on Ticketmaster.
Why not quote the prices on the Stones or AXS websitew .Where they are much cheaper....

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: June 13, 2018 00:24

Incredible. No ticket som , I have mailed AXS and they responded 2 weeks ago that they have sent the tickets. I will travel Thursday morning from Sweden. Does anyone know of box office location to get the tickets? Grrrrrr

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 13, 2018 00:59

bjornkasm
Incredible. No ticket som , I have mailed AXS and they responded 2 weeks ago that they have sent the tickets. I will travel Thursday morning from Sweden. Does anyone know of box office location to get the tickets? Grrrrrr

email them or ring them up, tell them that you'll leave your home soon and ask them to send you the tickets as etickets/pdfs. I did the same for one of the London shows

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 01:36

will the roof be closed on Friday? If yes, there may be a chance of hearing Sympathy as an opener.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 01:45

hockenheim95
will the roof be closed on Friday? If yes, there may be a chance of hearing Sympathy as an opener.

It was closed last time they played there so probably yes.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 02:39

I was there the last time they played Cardiff and I would keep my fingers crossed that the roof is open if I was going on Friday. A very poor sound with it closed.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 13, 2018 02:47

strat72
I was there the last time they played Cardiff and I would keep my fingers crossed that the roof is open if I was going on Friday. A very poor sound with it closed.

A friend of mine agreed, very boomy.................weather is looking ok though after Thursady, so hopefully, open.........

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: June 13, 2018 04:36

About to start the mega marathon journey from Auckland NZ to Cardiff in a few hours...arriving late Thursday afternoon.

Anyone nominated a bar in town to meet at on Thursday evening yet? I will be a very thirsty kiwi by then...

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: June 13, 2018 08:30

rcfoxy
About to start the mega marathon journey from Auckland NZ to Cardiff in a few hours...arriving late Thursday afternoon.

Anyone nominated a bar in town to meet at on Thursday evening yet? I will be a very thirsty kiwi by then...

And there is me moaning about the train journey from Brum to Edinburgh.smileys with beer

Hope you have a pleasant journey.thumbs up

Date: June 13, 2018 08:31

slewan
bjornkasm

email them or ring them up, tell them that you'll leave your home soon and ask them to send you the tickets as etickets/pdfs. I did the same for one of the London shows

How long did it take, to get through by phone?

Date: June 13, 2018 08:58

Just signed in on the Axs web site and there used to be 4 visual tickets come up for cardiff, but they have disappeared now?

The other bad news, they are selling tickets for David Byrne on his october dates, i don't particularly want to use them again.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:41

CARDIFF Luck Dip tickets back on sale NOW - 13 June 07.40 am British Summer Time.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 13, 2018 10:02

odean73
slewan
bjornkasm

I called them for my Southampton ticket. before i talked to someone, i got kept on hold for 2 hours. and i called from Holland, so it cost me a lot of money.
Jeroen

Date: June 13, 2018 10:14

corriecas
odean73
slewan
bjornkasm

I called them for my Southampton ticket. before i talked to someone, i got kept on hold for 2 hours. and i called from Holland, so it cost me a lot of money.
Jeroen

Crikey, i bet it did < lot of money >

Date: June 13, 2018 10:39

Just phoned Axs, wont even allow me to wait in the queue.thumbs downthumbs down

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 13, 2018 11:05

odean73
Just phoned Axs, wont even allow me to wait in the queue.thumbs downthumbs down

Try twitter @ axs-uk #axs-uk , they'll answer your question.
There are no e-tickets for Cardiff , only Box -office collection

Posted by: haukri ()
Date: June 13, 2018 11:35

I tried to contact them via this link, it always worked. They also confirmed my box office collection for the Cardiff tickets after I contacted them yesterday with all my details on order number etc.

[support.axs.com]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 13, 2018 11:48

I just got an email from AXS saying my delivery method has been changed to collection at the box office! Why they couldn't just have had that as an option from the outset beats me.

Date: June 13, 2018 13:15

haukri
I tried to contact them via this link, it always worked. They also confirmed my box office collection for the Cardiff tickets after I contacted them yesterday with all my details on order number etc.

[support.axs.com]

Thanks, did you originally have a posted ticket request?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 13, 2018 13:18

AXS are completely useless. All this unnecessary stress for no reason. I don't buy this blaming the promoter. What the hell are we paying the extortionate booking fees for ? !!!!!

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home