Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 9, 2018 20:06

undertheradar
keithsman

Anyone know the best place for pre show drinks in Cardiff.

Simply put..if you are looking at the Principality Stadium on google maps, you have the River Taff to the left of the stadium and everything to the right is a Bar, pub or restaurant-bar/pub with the odd shop thrown in.smiling bouncing smiley

For those looking for cheap n cheerful there are 3 wetherspoons within 5-10 walk, a Greene king pub and some Brains pubs mainly located on St marys Street or Westgate Street area. For those looking for a little more refined - Mill lane at the end of St mary's Street, again no more than 10 min walk to stadium.

Within 15 walk you have St Davids Centre that has the Nandos, Mille Carter, TGIs and Yo Sushi chains etc...

If you have a little more time to kill why not go down to Cardiff Bay. Plenty of Bars pubs and restaurant to take in.(if walking approx 25mins from stadium).

There is also a cinema & liesure complex right outside gate 7 of the stadium which amongst other places contains a Bierkeller.

In short you won't have to look for a pint...we like a drink in this part of the world!winking smiley

Should also mention that only 10 mins from the Stadium, you may want visit/see Cardiff Castle but don't worry...lots of pubs opposite that too!!

Thanks undertheradar, sounds like my kind of town winking smiley wish i had a week spare to get really stuck in smileys with beer

Yes the Castle is fantastic, been to it a couple times, i was wondering if there is a particular pub where iorrians meet up.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:08

Here is a link for the Principality Stadium - Rolling Stones Fan Visitor Guide.

Plenty of travel infothumbs up

[wru.co.uk]

I am unable to post as a pic..perhaps someone could do the honours..

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:20

keithsman
i was wondering if there is a particular pub where iorrians meet up.

Hi Keithsman, Im sure a suitable venue will be pulled out of a hat by the IORR selection committee smiling smiley. Usually, said venue will be posted about two days before the gig so keep an eye on this thread.

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Date: June 10, 2018 20:00

undertheradar
keithsman
i was wondering if there is a particular pub where iorrians meet up.

Hi Keithsman, Im sure a suitable venue will be pulled out of a hat by the IORR selection committee smiling smiley. Usually, said venue will be posted about two days before the gig so keep an eye on this thread.

thumbs up

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 21:22

We’ve made it to Swansea Wales for a bit of tourism & ancestral research & will be in Cardiff on Stones Eve, staying at the Holiday Inn - hope to see/meet some of our IORR friends!
I can’t believe it’s been 4 months since we started planning this!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 22:50

Still not received tickets, getting slightly concerned now, really expected through the letter box after coming back from Edinburgh.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 10, 2018 22:57

erikjjf
fedecarp
Does anybody knows how many times did the Stones played in Cardiff city?

12 shows.
10 of them between 1963 and 1966.

So only 1990 and 2006 since then. Crikey!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 10, 2018 23:19

grzegorz67
erikjjf
fedecarp

12 shows.

Capitol Theatre Oct. 6, 1963
Sophia Gardens Feb. 28, 1964
Capitol Theatre Sep. 11, 1964
Capitol Theatre Sep. 28, 1965
Capitol Theatre Oct. 8, 1966
Arms Park July 16, 1990
Millennium Stadium Aug. 29, 2006

Plus:
Prestatyn, Royal Lido Ballroom , Aug. 31, 1963
Aberystwyth, Kings Hall, Sep. 7, 1963

Date: June 11, 2018 09:26

Anybody else waiting for tickets?

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 11, 2018 09:38

odean73

Of course! Don't expect, AXS or Ticketmaster will send them to you. Cashing high fees is core competence of them but definitely not sending tickets in time to you. Go to the box-Office on showday with your order affirmation and ID-card. At least this works.

Date: June 11, 2018 10:55

RollingStonesFan
odean73

Of course! Don't expect, AXS or Ticketmaster will send them to you. Cashing high fees is core competence of them but definitely not sending tickets in time to you. Go to the box-Office on showday with your order affirmation and ID-card. At least this works.

Thanks for the information, i was going to ask the question if there was any hassle if i go to the box office with the relevant info on me.

To be fair i had no problems with Coventry and Edinburgh tickets, would have liked them a bit sooner, but will check today to see if they have arrived.

Date: June 11, 2018 12:56

grzegorz67
erikjjf
fedecarp

12 shows.

I was at the last one in 06' in all honesty Keith was in such bad shape i never expected to see the Stones with him again, and certainly didn't want to see them again like that. . He played well enough but didn't move, a bit like how he is now but a lot worse.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 11, 2018 13:41

keithsman

I was at the last one in 06' in all honesty Keith was in such bad shape i never expected to see the Stones with him again, and certainly didn't want to see them again like that. . He played well enough but didn't move, a bit like how he is now but a lot worse.

I didn't go to that show even though it was only 30 miles from my home. Kind of regret it now, but I thought it was all over at that point and didn't fancy standing at the back of a huge stadium having my fears confirmed. Very glad to have been proven wrong.

syrel

Date: June 11, 2018 14:32

syrel
keithsman

I didn't go to that show even though it was only 30 miles from my home. Kind of regret it now, but I thought it was all over at that point and didn't fancy standing at the back of a huge stadium having my fears confirmed. Very glad to have been proven wrong.

syrel

Yeah sort of proved wrong, there are still things that Keith does that ruin the show for people, like the false starts with SMU, and he's gone back to using his SFTD solo's as a meet and greet again confused smiley

It's so annoying on Sympathy when he needs to come in to the solo's quick to keep the momentum of the song going, and there he is strolling along without a care in the world, hands down or waving and grinning like i don't know what..
So pisses me off. Yes he has improved remarkably but i would like to see more of a gutsy rocking energetic Keith like we are getting from Ronnie.
I know people have to get old but watching my hero amble along is painful sometimes.
He needs HGH injections and Testosterone like his glimmer twin winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 14:33

keithsman
grzegorz67
erikjjf
fedecarp

12 shows.

I was there too and I'll be there again on Friday. On that tour, I believe the band were very reliant on Blondie Chaplin's presence to fill the gaps left by Keith, who, with due respect was still recovering from the cocnut tree fall just 4 months previously. There were loads of people waving inflatable coconut trees on the front floor (all seated).

Date: June 11, 2018 14:58

grzegorz67
keithsman
grzegorz67
erikjjf
fedecarp

12 shows.

I was there too and I'll be there again on Friday. On that tour, I believe the band were very reliant on Blondie Chaplin's presence to fill the gaps left by Keith, who, with due respect was still recovering from the cocnut tree fall just 4 months previously. There were loads of people waving inflatable coconut trees on the front floor (all seated).

Yes i will be there Friday too, he was great in Manchester, hoping for more improvement from Keith, he is playing much better, its just certain things he does that piss me off.
He gives the haters ammunition when he @#$%& up the intro etc.

Date: June 11, 2018 15:17

keithsman

Yeah sort of proved wrong, there are still things that Keith does that ruin the show for people

Only some people - they are the thing that makes the show for me. At Edinburgh he walked out, strummed down for the opening riff on SMU and missed the strings! Best bit of the show for me. They are the things that make them human.

syrel

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: June 11, 2018 15:21

syrel
keithsman

Yeah sort of proved wrong, there are still things that Keith does that ruin the show for people

Only some people - they are the thing that makes the show for me. At Edinburgh he walked out, strummed down for the opening riff on SMU and missed the strings! Best bit of the show for me. They are the things that make them human.

syrel

He didn't miss the strings... He's guitar wasn't turned on yet, in the meantime his fingers moved a little and at second attempt chord wasn't clean.

Date: June 11, 2018 17:16

pospi

He didn't miss the strings... He's guitar wasn't turned on yet, in the meantime his fingers moved a little and at second attempt chord wasn't clean.

I wondered about that (because he turned his head too) but felt it looked like he missed rather than no power. I haven't had time to check the video yet. Yes he scarfed the second attempt but, as I said, doesn't bother me.

syrel

Date: June 11, 2018 17:52

odean73
RollingStonesFan
odean73

Thanks for the information, i was going to ask the question if there was any hassle if i go to the box office with the relevant info on me.

To be fair i had no problems with Coventry and Edinburgh tickets, would have liked them a bit sooner, but will check today to see if they have arrived.

No tickets arrived today.

Anybody else still waiting?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 11, 2018 18:00

Dip's back on sale for Cardiff!!!

Date: June 11, 2018 20:29

odean73
odean73
RollingStonesFan
odean73

My tickets are supposed to be on their the way to me in the post, but i leave to go to Wales Wednesday afternoon. So am i going to pass them on the way, what then.
I wonder what is the deal with these cheap ticket sellers like AXS, why can't they send them sooner. Never again.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 11, 2018 20:38

keithsman
I wonder what is the deal with these cheap ticket sellers like AXS, why can't they send them sooner. Never again.

I think it's because they don't actually have the tickets until the promoter decides to issue them. So it is the promoter to blame. Live Nation are just as bad with big events.

Date: June 11, 2018 23:21

nobodyimportant
keithsman

I think it's because they don't actually have the tickets until the promoter decides to issue them. So it is the promoter to blame. Live Nation are just as bad with big events.

Oh i see, but looking at AXS reviews they are really poor compared to other ticket suppliers, they take so long to respond and tell you what's going on.
It's not just me complaining , they get one star out of 5 , reading some of the 249 reviews this company suck..

[uk.trustpilot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-11 23:25 by keithsman.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:06

No way should AXS be creating such stress for its customers. The fact that it levies a charge for a service that is to all intents and purposes non-existent only adds insult to injury. Someone should throw the legal book at them for this.

I bought single lucky dips for three shows before AXS realized its error and corrected it. Like others on IORR who had done the same, I later received three identical emails - one for each lucky dip - pointing out that I'd bought only one lucky dip and saying that I would receive a telephone call in the coming days to ask if I wanted to buy an extra one to make it a pair.

I subsequently received three more identical emails saying they had called and been unable to reach me and so they took it that I didn't want a second lucky dip.

As it happened, I didn't want any extra ones. But their claim to have called me was a total lie, as I had given them only my mobile phone number, which showed no missed calls from anyone during the period concerned. One wonders what sort of company it is that tells blatant lies like this.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:40

None of my 5 AXS tickets arrived at home before I left, and I paid for international shipping. (Ticketbastards.ie was another nightmare. Only the 2 Lucky Dips went per plan) When I collected my ticket in Edinburgh, I mentioned it, and was floored that he took it upon himself to find and refund all 5 shipping charges then and there. Fortunately, I went early and there was nobody waiting behind me or I’d have been murdered. So...he was the exception that proves the rule. AXS are a nightmare...

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:46

odean73
odean73
RollingStonesFan
odean73

Yes, I am. Not leaving till Friday am but still it's getting a bit hairy!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 12, 2018 02:52

lucky dip available now
[tickets.axs.com]

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: June 12, 2018 08:25

Beast
No way should AXS be creating such stress for its customers. The fact that it levies a charge for a service that is to all intents and purposes non-existent only adds insult to injury. Someone should throw the legal book at them for this.

I bought single lucky dips for three shows before AXS realized its error and corrected it. Like others on IORR who had done the same, I later received three identical emails - one for each lucky dip - pointing out that I'd bought only one lucky dip and saying that I would receive a telephone call in the coming days to ask if I wanted to buy an extra one to make it a pair.

I subsequently received three more identical emails saying they had called and been unable to reach me and so they took it that I didn't want a second lucky dip.

As it happened, I didn't want any extra ones. But their claim to have called me was a total lie, as I had given them only my mobile phone number, which showed no missed calls from anyone during the period concerned. One wonders what sort of company it is that tells blatant lies like this.

That is terrible service and actually lying makes it a lot worse.

Date: June 12, 2018 08:27

Lady Jayne
odean73
odean73
RollingStonesFan
odean73

Yes, I am. Not leaving till Friday am but still it's getting a bit hairy!

I will also be leaving friday morning, our hotel is around 5 miles outside cardiff and will be annoyed if i have to pick up my tickets mid morning and then go back to the hotel.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home