Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: May 16, 2018 16:44

erikjjf
12 shows.
10 of them between 1963 and 1966.

Thanks! That's whay i thougth, so this'd be the third show there in the last 52 years.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 18, 2018 20:00

My 8 year old son (and Stones fan, sporting a bootleg Mexican tour shirt from 2016) just became aware that the Stones are on tour in the UK (and Ire) when he stumbled upon this big promotional sculpture in Cardiff...

(We've got tix for Twickenham but are keeping it secret to use as a bribing/bargaining tool)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 18, 2018 20:04

peoplewitheyes
My 8 year old son (and Stones fan, sporting a bootleg Mexican tour shirt from 2016) just became aware that the Stones are on tour in the UK (and Ire) when he stumbled upon this big promotional sculpture in Cardiff...

(We've got tix for Twickenham but are keeping it secret to use as a bribing/bargaining tool)

Be sure he doesn't read this board. grinning smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 18, 2018 20:16

When I told him (in true parenting style) that maybe we'd go to see the Stones, he responded, getting quite upset that 'we have to! Before Mick Jagger dies!'

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 01:10

peoplewitheyes
When I told him (in true parenting style) that maybe we'd go to see the Stones, he responded, getting quite upset that 'we have to! Before Mick Jagger dies!'

Hey, that's sort of the mantra for any of us to see them these days. We just don't know how long they can go on. I keep walking out of shows thinking, "well that's it, last time I will ever see them" but am presently surprised! Been happening for years now but I know it won't go on forever.

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 16:16

For those who still haven't recieved tickets or e-tickets:

I contacted AXS on Twitter today and in a few minutes they change my delivery method for Cardiff tickets. I had "UK royal mail signed for" and they changed to box office the day of the gig. This change was made without making any call.

Also they send me my e-tickets for Twickenham (which they say they'll send 2 weeks in advance), and I have them ready to print at home before travelling to UK.

Date: May 25, 2018 21:43

Any sign of tickets having arrived for anyone yet?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 22:10

JN99

Not for Cardiff or Edinburgh.

Date: May 25, 2018 23:02

odean73
JN99

I'm in the same boat; waiting patiently (or not so much anymore) for Cardiff and Edinburgh tix. Twickenham in hand. So yeah, the show that's furthest out I got the tickets for first, and a little while ago now as well. confused smiley

Date: May 25, 2018 23:30

JN99
odean73
JN99

I'm in the same boat; waiting patiently (or not so much anymore) for Cardiff and Edinburgh tix. Twickenham in hand. So yeah, the show that's furthest out I got the tickets for first, and a little while ago now as well. confused smiley

Other way around for me, my Coventry tickets came last week.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 26, 2018 18:28

Maybe it's old news... but I just saw there are Lucky Dip tickets available !!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 27, 2018 00:01

ErwinH
Maybe it's old news... but I just saw there are Lucky Dip tickets available !!

...and you bought them?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 27, 2018 00:53

JN99

Mine arrived last week.

Posted by: Mick Jagger ()
Date: May 29, 2018 14:04

Lucky Dip available right now.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:27

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive (bought during the pre sale). My Edinburgh ticket arrived about a week after I bought it (3 weeks ago). Have emailed them and tweeted. Twitter was a waste of time they told me to email or call !!!

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 31, 2018 19:40

Still waiting here also...but apparently good things come to those that wait. thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2018 20:06

Still waiting for email tickets.

I mean email tickets, how long does that take?

Date: May 31, 2018 20:15

Ping. 0.00001 seconds?

Date: May 31, 2018 20:50

undertheradar
Ping. 0.00001 seconds?
thumbs up >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 20:51 by odean73.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 22:48 by bartfrombrussels.

Date: June 3, 2018 12:34

Tickets arrived by post yesterday. thumbs up

Home town gig..will be a family affair. No travelling, no driving, no worries! The band are getting better show by show, wishing everyone in Manchester and Edingburgh have a blast but praying they save the best for Wales.

They will have to go some mind to top Southampton (and from what I've seen if Coventry).

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 5, 2018 16:09

Contacted ticket company (as bought in pre sale and had not yet received them) and they said they haven't received them yet and will have to be collected from the ticket office (I need to contact them again three days before gig). A bit rubbish really especially given that I paid for postage. I guess I will have to que up with a lot of other people to collect the tickets. I also don't finish work till 5 so hopefully it's not too much of a mad rush to get form Bristol to Cardiff...

As long as I see the Stones that's all that matters.

Date: June 5, 2018 16:28

Have not received mine either.

Will be annoyed if i had to pick up.

Coventry and edinburgh did arrive about a week before, so hoping the same for Cardiff.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 5, 2018 16:30

Tickets arrived in the post this morning.

Date: June 5, 2018 16:57

petewasbristol
Contacted ticket company (as bought in pre sale and had not yet received them) and they said they haven't received them yet and will have to be collected from the ticket office (I need to contact them again three days before gig). A bit rubbish really especially given that I paid for postage. I guess I will have to que up with a lot of other people to collect the tickets. I also don't finish work till 5 so hopefully it's not too much of a mad rush to get form Bristol to Cardiff...

..Are you comming by car or train?.. If by car, a friendly warning - It can be slow getting to Cardiff from the bridge on a Friday evening at the best of times, let alone when an event is on.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 5, 2018 17:25

undertheradar
petewasbristol

..Are you comming by car or train?.. If by car, a friendly warning - It can be slow getting to Cardiff from the bridge on a Friday evening at the best of times, let alone when an event is on.

Do you have any advice for parking at (or nearby) the Stadium?
We're driving up from Southampton and I haven't been to the Stadium before.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 5, 2018 17:32

undertheradar
petewasbristol

I'll be coming by train. Fingers crossed no delays...

Date: June 5, 2018 17:59

mikehat

Being local on Event days we dont take the car anywhere near the city centre. There are lots of car parks within walking distance to the stadium, however as the stadium is in the middle of the city. These car parks also service a very busy shopping, eating, nightlife and leisure area.
On event days we use the excellent bus service. ( Cardiffbus.com ) They also have a very good park and ride service which I believe has extended hours for such events. You may have to call them regarding specific events...but worth considering as the parks are easy to find on the main routes into cardiff.

Sorry I couldnt be any more helpful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-05 18:01 by undertheradar.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 5, 2018 18:02

undertheradar
mikehat

Being local on Event days we dont take the car anywhere near the city centre. There are lots of car parks within walking distance to the stadium, however as the stadium is in the middle of the city. These car parks also service a very busy shopping, eating, nightlife and leisure area.
On event days we use the excellent bus service. ( Cardiffbus.com ) They also have a very good park and ride service which I believe has extended hours for such events. You may have to call them regarding specific events...but worth considering as the parks are easy to find on the main routes into cardiff.

Sorry I couldnt be any more helpful

You've been very helpful, I appreciate it!

Date: June 5, 2018 18:20

One other bit of advice if your travelling by car into the city centre..keep out of the bus lanes and yellow junction boxes as they the council will fine you just for looking at them.eye popping smiley.. oh and all the speed camera's work - which is an irony in itselfgrinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home