Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 17:32

MisterDDDD
Very frustrating buying tix for Cardiff for international buyers as only shipping option offered is UK mail through AXS..

Select a delivery method
Royal Mail Signed For™ (UK only) £5.25
Order Summary
Item: Qty: Price: Total:
No Filter Pit 1 £399.95 £399.95
Service Charge 1 £35.00 £35.00
Royal Mail Signed For™ (UK only) 1 £5.25 £5.25

Total: £440.20

Not even a will call option..
Scored Lucky Dips earlier (even tho charged shipping, those have to be held in WC) Can buy through Ticketmaster w reg shipping options if/when Platinum pricing goes away,but the only UK shipping through AXS has got to be hurting international sales.

The ones who have this issue, don't panic! I'm from Argentina and I bought two GA tickets on presale and the one and only option was that "UK Only" delivery.

I inmediately wrote AXS UK on twitter and they told me that the "UK only" remark is only for mail tracking. So the tickets will be delivered (no tracking at all) and if I do not recieve them by the time I travel to UK they will send me E-tickets or info about will call at the venue.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2018 17:51

thumbs up

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: March 5, 2018 23:52

Thank you Martin90! Ticketmaster.UK said the tickets would arrive at least 48 hours in advance of the event - not good if one lives in California! Our problem was that they would only ship to the billing address, not the hotel.

Cardiff Hotel - we are staying at the Holiday Inn Cardiff City Center, 0.2 miles from the stadium. Stumbling Dice.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:22

Have a question about taking the train after the show in Cardiff

Is it possible to take a train from Cardiff to London after the concert or until the next day?

Thanks for help

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:36

thomas guitar

Is it possible to take a train from Cardiff to London after the concert or until the next day?

Thanks for help

Trains to London run late from Cardiff I think.

For all UK rail times go to National Rail, it has a journey planner on there.

I will warn you, UK rail prices are very expensive to the point of robbery!!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:50

Rollin92
thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Trains to London run late from Cardiff I think.

For all UK rail times go to National Rail, it has a journey planner on there.

I will warn you, UK rail prices are very expensive to the point of robbery!!

Unfortunately they don't. Nothing after 2130 that doesn't involve a long wait elsewhere.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 20:38

thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Been discussed before and a long running sore for Cardiff events. The scheduled last train back is about 9pm. They may add a special service for big events back as far as Bristol but that's about it.

In 2006 I waited outside he station until the 1st train back in the morning at 6am. Accomodation was scarce. If driving from London, a good idea is to park in nearby Newport and get a local train into Cardiff. After big events they always put on a succession of untimetabled extra trains to take people as far as Newport. There you can pick up your car and drive home. I did exactly that for U2 a few years ago. Alternatively if you do not have a car, it will be much cheaper to find accomodation in Newport than Cardiff. A return train from Newport to Cardiff is about 5 GBP.

Date: March 6, 2018 22:35

grzegorz67
thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Been discussed before and a long running sore for Cardiff events. The scheduled last train back is about 9pm. They may add a special service for big events back as far as Bristol but that's about it.

In 2006 I waited outside he station until the 1st train back in the morning at 6am. Accomodation was scarce. If driving from London, a good idea is to park in nearby Newport and get a local train into Cardiff. After big events they always put on a succession of untimetabled extra trains to take people as far as Newport. There you can pick up your car and drive home. I did exactly that for U2 a few years ago. Alternatively if you do not have a car, it will be much cheaper to find accomodation in Newport than Cardiff. A return train from Newport to Cardiff is about 5 GBP.

Thanks for the info

Date: March 6, 2018 23:32

Hot tip for those wishing to travel back East after the show.

There’s a Megabus Service leaving a stop very close to the stadium in Cardiff at 10 past Midnight and heading for London. It’s very slow but it will get you there. It calls at Bristol, Bath. Corsham, Chippenham and Swindon and will finally get you to London around 5.it calls at Heathrow Airport.

I just booked onto it for Swindon as I live close by. £4.20 grinning smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 7, 2018 01:26

AXS sell tickets a lot cheaper than the prices being shown on a few of the posts here. It really does vary, worth shopping around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 09:42 by keithsman.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 18:44

Decided to get reserved seats for this one and grabbed tickets today in row one of the middle tier. Pretty excited - will have a great vantage point reasonably close to the stage and for a change my wife will be able to see everything. We'll be in the GC for Edinburgh and Twick so this will be a nice change of pace for the middle show smiling smiley

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: March 7, 2018 18:55

thomas guitar
grzegorz67
thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Thanks for the info

Or if you want to stay over and are struggling to find somewhere to stay in Cardiff, head west - trains will run after the show to Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea.

Date: March 7, 2018 19:02

Welsh Stone
thomas guitar
grzegorz67
thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Thanks for the info

Or if you want to stay over and are struggling to find somewhere to stay in Cardiff, head west - trains will run after the show to Bridgend, Port Talbot, Neath and Swansea.

You can never overvalue local knowledge smiling smiley. I imagine accomodation in these places will be a helluva lot cheaper than Cardiff too. After the 2006 ABB show, I noticed loads of trains heading West from Cardiff Central but nothing East apart from a few local trains to Newport.

Date: March 7, 2018 19:26

grzegorz67
Welsh Stone
thomas guitar
grzegorz67
thomas guitar

Thanks for help

Thanks for the info

You can never overvalue local knowledge smiling smiley. I imagine accomodation in these places will be a helluva lot cheaper than Cardiff too. After the 2006 ABB show, I noticed loads of trains heading West from Cardiff Central but nothing East apart from a few local trains to Newport.

The castle hotel in Neath near the train station is nice and reasonably priced

Date: March 7, 2018 19:31

grzegorz67

There’s a Megabus Service leaving a stop very close to the stadium in Cardiff at 10 past Midnight and heading for London. It’s very slow but it will get you there. It calls at Bristol, Bath. Corsham, Chippenham and Swindon and will finally get you to London around 5.it calls at Heathrow Airport.

I just booked the same bus :-)

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 17:30

grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!
Just booked that 00:10 bus to london.

I hope there's enough time between the end of the show and reaching the bus.

Date: March 8, 2018 20:51

Martin90
grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the club grzegorz67 and Martin. We´ve booked all the same bus smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 20:52 by thomas guitar.

Date: March 8, 2018 21:00

Martin90
grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!

The show will end between 10.30 and 11. Cardiff is a very compact small city and the Megabus stop is only a few hundred metres from the stadium. Be sure to arrive in Cardiff early and familiarise yourself with where the bus stop is. Megabus tend not to use main bus stations (to save costs) so don’t just go to the Bus Station.

For getting to Cardiff, the train service from London is fast, frequent and excellent, taking around 2 hours. Book in advance for a cheap deal. Cardiff Central Rail Station is a 5 minute walk from the Stadium, which is huge and dominates the City Skyline. I can get an advance ticket from Swindon, for £9 GBP.

Date: March 8, 2018 21:17

grzegorz67
Martin90
grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!

The show will end between 10.30 and 11. Cardiff is a very compact small city and the Megabus stop is only a few hundred metres from the stadium. Be sure to arrive in Cardiff early and familiarise yourself with where the bus stop is. Megabus tend not to use main bus stations (to save costs) so don’t just go to the Bus Station.

For getting to Cardiff, the train service from London is fast, frequent and excellent, taking around 2 hours. Book in advance for a cheap deal. Cardiff Central Rail Station is a 5 minute walk from the Stadium, which is huge and dominates the City Skyline. I can get an advance ticket from Swindon, for £9 GBP.
Definitely don't look for the bus station - it's been knocked down and is currently a building site! Megabus stop is near the Hilton Hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the stadium. For those who haven't been to Cardiff before, the Principality Stadium is VERY central.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-08 21:18 by Welsh Stone.

Date: March 8, 2018 21:25

Welsh Stone
grzegorz67
Martin90
grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!

Definitely don't look for the bus station - it's been knocked down and is currently a building site! Megabus stop is near the Hilton Hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the stadium. For those who haven't been to Cardiff before, the Principality Stadium is VERY central.

Ta again Welsh, can’t beat local knowledge! Were you at Stockholm on 14 on Fire by any chance? I remember chatting with a friendly couple from South Wales in FoS, Keith side and they told me their cat was called ‘Ruby Tuesday’.

Date: March 9, 2018 18:57

grzegorz67
Welsh Stone
grzegorz67
Martin90
grzegorz67

Thanks for the info!

Ta again Welsh, can’t beat local knowledge! Were you at Stockholm on 14 on Fire by any chance? I remember chatting with a friendly couple from South Wales in FoS, Keith side and they told me their cat was called ‘Ruby Tuesday’.
Not me I'm afraid.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:16

Alright all you peeps with local knowledge, hit us up with some recommendations of things to see & do in your fair city of Cardiff. Definitely interested in some good pub and restaurants!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2018 20:25

No local knowledge, never been-
But will likely check out what's billed as the "Worlds oldest Record Store"

The world's oldest record shop: on the vinyl frontier since 1894
[www.theguardian.com]

Date: March 9, 2018 21:02

I can't recommend Giovanni's enough. Little Italian restaurant in town. The decor is dated but the service is excellent and the food absolutely out of this world! Reasonably priced too, can't recommend it enough.

In terms of pubs, anybthing run by Brains brewery you can't go wrong with. Loads in town and superb beer!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 26, 2018 12:32

Is there a meeting place for fellow IORR'ians pre show?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 6, 2018 10:59

(sorry... just sneakin' in, here... pair of LD's for Cardiff at face value... see "All Sold Out" ... hush-hush, mum's the word, for your eyes only, and need-to-know only... shhhhht!)

EDIT: both are sold , good people. cYa in Cardiff! smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-08 13:46 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: May 16, 2018 13:05

no shortage of pubs, no worries. it will be crazy all around the stadium.

Posted by: fedecarp ()
Date: May 16, 2018 13:52

Does anybody knows how many times did the Stones played in Cardiff city?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 16, 2018 14:35

fedecarp

This is the third time in a stadium.

Cardiff Arms park 16.7.1990 - demolished to make room for new stadium - finished in 1999, named Millennium Stadium.

Millennium Stadium - 29.8.2006

Name change 2016 to the Principality Stadium.

They also played a bunch of times in 1960s - 3 or 4 shows at the Cardiff Capital Theatre.

A friend of mine has a 'Mick' signed program from one of those shows................(11.9.1964)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-16 14:39 by EddieByword.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 16, 2018 14:57

fedecarp

12 shows.
10 of them between 1963 and 1966.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home