Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21
Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: June 8, 2018 21:37

I think they've both got the marquees up that they use for rugby days.

Date: June 8, 2018 21:42

I follow bv blind. Grassmarket it is

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: June 8, 2018 21:50

The good thing about Murrayfield for anyone who hasn't been before is that once you are through the turnstiles there is plenty of room before you enter the actual stadium, mostly to the East and North. If it's a nice day you can get in, get a drink or something to eat and sit on the grass outside the stadium and enjoy!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 8, 2018 21:57

grinning smiley

"Making friends in Scotland! #HopeShesFriendly"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I follow bv blind. Grassmarket it is
Pub beside Haymarket Hub is nice

Date: June 8, 2018 22:32

Three sisters near grassmarket on cowgate have a bog banner welcome rolling stones fans for tommorrow. Looks cool

Posted by: belld ()
Date: June 8, 2018 22:34

CaledonianGonzo
It's the Met Office that have issued the Yellow Warning.

No need to panic just yet though. It could easily come to nothing. There were also storms forecast last Saturday thay didnt arrive.
Agreed Met office are risk averse. Yes risk of passing thunder storm but probably 10%

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 8, 2018 23:01

I just love the Heymarket pub. Nothing like it and great company from Leeds

Bjornulf

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: June 8, 2018 23:03

Having a few scoops are we?

Date: June 8, 2018 23:26

I checked out the castle area to many tourists and wannabeseens then I did some walking even if walking is banned due to pain in my leg due to my 9 kg backpack walking for hours airports and all over. I checked Malone’s but it was packed and beer only and Irish not Scotish so then I walked on. The Heymarket pub is just perfect for me. They have a line of 12 local ales and I can do all the people watching I need outside even if it is cold here like 15 degres C while we had 25 at 8pm yesterday at home. The craftsmen from Leeds left but they did a selfie of us three which I will never see but it was refreshing to have a non-stones talk in a pub. I am back to Edinburgh and even if it is years since I was here last time for the Stones I do know this will be a great week-end!

Bjornulf

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 8, 2018 23:45

bv
I checked out the castle area to many tourists and wannabeseens then I did some walking even if walking is banned due to pain in my leg due to my 9 kg backpack walking for hours airports and all over. I checked Malone’s but it was packed and beer only and Irish not Scotish so then I walked on. The Heymarket pub is just perfect for me. They have a line of 12 local ales and I can do all the people watching I need outside even if it is cold here like 15 degres C while we had 25 at 8pm yesterday at home. The craftsmen from Leeds left but they did a selfie of us three which I will never see but it was refreshing to have a non-stones talk in a pub. I am back to Edinburgh and even if it is years since I was here last time for the Stones I do know this will be a great week-end!

Sorry to hear you have pain in your leg BV, last year i had sciatica down my leg, never known pain like it but it's all good now.
Hope it gets better soon and enjoy the rest of the ales, weekend and tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 9, 2018 00:06

keithsman
bv

Sorry to hear you have pain in your leg BV, last year i had sciatica down my leg, never known pain like it but it's all good now.
Hope it gets better soon and enjoy the rest of the ales, weekend and tour. smileys with beer

Got my share of beer and whisky in the pub beside Haymarket Hub Hotel. Great barfood, great variety of drinks- go there tomorrow

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 9, 2018 00:35

Pierre de Beauport sitting in with Dirty Strangers!

Date: June 9, 2018 00:50

Great day. Dirty strangers were okay but suitcase junket was fantastic!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 9, 2018 01:30

Just arrived at airport.feeling stones buzz already.
Jeroen

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 9, 2018 01:40

wrong thread.. sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 03:26 by tumbled.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2018 02:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Suitcase junket was really good..
The strangers finished strong though with a killer cover of J Geils House Party and a rockin version of Nutbush City Limits.. I thought.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: June 9, 2018 03:03

Nice flight from Málaga, just arrived
at apartament, tomorrow is the day!!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 9, 2018 05:09

So any info on warmup tomorrow or Will that take place within the area?

Date: June 9, 2018 07:58

MisterDDDD
PaintMonkeyManBlack
The strangers finished strong though with a killer cover of J Geils House Party and a rockin version of Nutbush City Limits.. I thought.
Also saw Charlotte Watts. Very cool to see her party with the fans. Seemed like a very nice and lovely (and beautifull) lady.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 9, 2018 10:03

Darryl and some of the tour crew also spotted last night. Tim Ries I saw earlier walking the Royal Mile.

Plan for today is get to the box office at around 11am to pick up the LD's and get back into town for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe around 2pm, then depending on the weather and what kind of Dip Luck I have.

Enjoy, everyone!

Date: June 9, 2018 10:26

Charlotte was at the dirty strangers gig. Hope the westher will not be too bad. Today some shopping, eating and then haymarket i gues. Maybe pick up ld in advance, maybe later

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 9, 2018 10:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MisterDDDD
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Also saw Charlotte Watts. Very cool to see her party with the fans. Seemed like a very nice and lovely (and beautifull) lady.
Was Charlotte the very blonde young woman in black clothing, wearing "ears"?

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 9, 2018 10:32

Everyone going tonight...wishing you a great gig and your new 'Best Ever'smileys with beer

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 9, 2018 10:46

Its a gorgeous day.on my way to the Castle.beautiful city n vrry friendly people.
Jeroen

Date: June 9, 2018 10:51

Fillmore
PaintMonkeyManBlack
MisterDDDD
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Was Charlotte the very blonde young woman in black clothing, wearing "ears"?
Yes

Date: June 9, 2018 11:23

This thread is closed. For Edinburgh comments and updates please see the new live thread:

Edinburgh UK 9-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021
Current Page: 21 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home