Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Date: June 7, 2018 14:06

I think golden circle on this tour is just as good as pit unless you want to be really close

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 7, 2018 14:12

Have GC for Edinburough, but being very close to the Stones (about 2 or 3 metres was and is great (IMO).
Jeroen

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: June 7, 2018 16:17

Hopefully the weather will be like today. It's a belter.

Date: June 7, 2018 17:17

Date: June 7, 2018 17:19

Don't know the place so the map does not tell me a lot. How far can you got with a uber or taxi?

Date: June 7, 2018 17:23

It's basically saying don't travel to the stadium from the city centre by car or taxi. Walk or take a tram.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: June 7, 2018 17:26

Is fair walk from the center? What's the best option to go to the stadium?

Date: June 7, 2018 17:29

CaledonianGonzo
It's basically saying don't travel to the stadium from the city centre by car or taxi. Walk or take a tram.
Thanks for the info.

Date: June 7, 2018 17:30

Like I said.....

It's about a 15 - 20 minute walk from the West End, depending on where you start from. Trams won't be affected by the road closures but there might be queues to get onboard.

Date: June 7, 2018 17:31

And prepare to walk back again afterwards

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: June 7, 2018 17:32

kaskatanas
Is fair walk from the center? What's the best option to go to the stadium?

Tram drops you right at the stadium but if you are fit and able then it's good to get the train, tram or bus to Haymarket and walk the last mile. There will be plenty of fans doing the same thing - you might meet a few.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 17:48

For those travelling in from the West by car, I reckon the M8 will be gridlocked for this so my cousin and I are planning to come in on the A70 or A71 from Hamilton and park out at say Slateford Road for a quick getaway afterwards.

Date: June 7, 2018 18:01

Scotrail have given a wee warning about the trains being stowed between Glasgow and Edinburgh, although that'll be in both directions due to the gig at Hampden.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: June 7, 2018 18:23

I wouldn't even bother with the tram. Just walk from city centre towards Haymarket then follow the crowds.

On Friday, I'll be at The Village bar in Leith for the Club Nitty Gritty, Bigger Banquet. Sounds like it will be fun. On the day of the gig, 99 Hanover Street looks like a good bet for lunch and drinks. Rolled Gold Stones party from 1pm with live singer/guitarist. May try Murrayfield Hotel on way to stadium, as they are having a pre-party. Good chance it will be mobbed though. I'll be wearing a kilt on gig day, so please say Hello if you see me.

After the gig, it depends how much energy we have but Whistlebinkies and Stramash are open late in the Old Town. Both live music bars.

Have a rockin' good time in Auld Reekie (Edinburgh's nickname)!!smileys with beer

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: June 7, 2018 18:24

CaledonianGonzo
Scotrail have given a wee warning about the trains being stowed between Glasgow and Edinburgh, although that'll be in both directions due to the gig at Hampden.

[twitter.com]
Depending on where your coming from it might be best to board train pre-Queen Street Station eg: Dalmuir or Partick. You might even get a seat winking smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 7, 2018 19:02

Keith arriving at the Hotel

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 7, 2018 19:04

CaledonianGonzo

[twitter.com]

Looks like there is going to be engineering work on Saturday and Sunday on the railways.

I am expecting a dreaded longer journey back to Birmingham on sunday.

Date: June 7, 2018 19:34

I get that theyre creatures of habit and always stay at that particular hotel.....but in terms of location it muct be about the least private one in the city.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 7, 2018 19:40

Walk from waverley.

Date: June 7, 2018 23:12

Early flightnin the morning. Safe travels everybody and see you downtown with the dirty strangers

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:00

maxx

I like to think that Keith has just waved or acknowledged the waiting fans on both sides as he enters from his car.

Probably only in view for about 5 seconds walking into hotel,so wouldn't think The Worst of him if I was there and he seemed pre-occupied. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 8, 2018 00:21

corriecas
Have GC for Edinburough, but being very close to the Stones (about 2 or 3 metres was and is great (IMO).
Jeroen

It's Actually Edinburgh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 08:46 by Tonstone.

Date: June 8, 2018 00:32

grzegorz67
Still in Manchester, but heading North at 1pm for my 1st visit to my homeland in 4 months. Will stay in my original hometown of Hamilton, Lanarkshire so trip will double up as a visit to relatives. Looking forward to this one. Will feel strange (and good) to see the Stones’ stage and general circus roll into my home Capital after seeing it all around the rest of the U.K. and Europe.

Would be nice if Mick gave Ian Stewart and his contribution to the band a wee mention on stage. Hopefully he will.
I hope so too but I was very Disappointed in Cross Fire Hurricane with NO MENTION of Stu.

Date: June 8, 2018 00:43

maxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 08:49 by Tonstone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2018 01:16

Excited for this who will be in attendance, and looking forward to following online. thumbs up

Date: June 8, 2018 01:34

Shesarainbow
Is the Dirty Strangers a bar, or a band? Where is it located?
It's a band, and from what I was told they played (or at least some of the band) played at KEEF's wedding. So there is a Stones connection.

Date: June 8, 2018 01:44

Hi Guys, do you have any tips on how to smuggle my DSLR camera into the stadium? Saw a few people with such cameras in Coventry so it looks like its possible, but I dont want to risk being stopped at the gates smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 8, 2018 02:13

The Rolling Stones at Murrayfield: Stage times and travel advice

Written by Ross Crae, 07 June 2018

Stage times

The fan village outside the stadium opens at 2pm for all ticket holders, and the stadium itself will start to allow entries at 4pm.

Support act Richard Ashcroft is scheduled to take to the stage at around 6:45pm, with the Stones slated to begin their set at around 8pm.

Travel advice

The Central Belt’s rail network is set to be very busy on Saturday with Beyoncé and Jay-Z also playing at Hampden.

ScotRail say they’ll be adding extra capacity to services where possible.

The nearest station to BT Murrayfield is Haymarket, which is a 20 minute walk or short tram ride away.

The last trains to Glasgow Queen Street depart at 2305 & 2334.

Edinburgh’s tram network runs to the stadium from the city centre.

The following bus services pass close to BT Murrayfield Stadium: Lothian Buses: 12, X12, 22, 26, 30, 31; First Bus: 21, 21A, 22, 38, 38A; Airlink: 100; Citylink: 900

These buses will load/unload on Corstorphine Road, west and east of Riversdale Crescent.

There is no public parking at the stadium.

[www.sundaypost.com]

Date: June 8, 2018 05:23

Tonstone

So Maxx can you tell what Hotel this is . I know where MJ is staying but can you name the hotel where KR is ?

I think it's forum policy not to name the hotels the band are staying in.

Date: June 8, 2018 07:56

CaledonianGonzo
Tonstone

So Maxx can you tell what Hotel this is . I know where MJ is staying but can you name the hotel where KR is ?

I think it's forum policy not to name the hotels the band are staying in.

You are right.I should not have asked that on the forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 08:51 by Tonstone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home