Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21
Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Posted by: Egon ()
Date: May 28, 2018 11:25

AXS ignored all my emails requesting e-tickets, and sent me hardcopies (arrived 26 may).. incredible....

Btw I'm seeling them, so if any takers make me an offer :-)

Date: May 28, 2018 12:26

Still no e-tickets here...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 28, 2018 13:51

No e-ticket for me either. I'm going to start complaining tomorrow. It's an American holiday today, I don't want any frustration.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:15

For Hyde Park gig last year, I received my AXS e-tickets 7 days before the show. I will start worrying if it's not in my mailbox on Monday...

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:27

Tickets received in Spain today!!

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: May 29, 2018 08:36

A friend is putting on a pre party on the Friday night in Leith:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: May 29, 2018 13:10

Thanks for posting this. I'll be there along with a few pals. My IORR buddy, Too Tight (Kevin), is visiting from NY so this will be a good pre-gig warm up.

I too was at the 99 gig, and got near the front by getting there early. The crowd was totally up for it, and I expect the same this time too. I agree that with it being on a Saturday, there will be plenty of pre-gig drinking. They usually have bars outside the stadium but within the grounds at Murrayfield. It will be overpriced, bog-standard lager no doubt, but should free up space in nearby bars.

I was at Dublin and London 1, and there were some people who resembled statues. In fact the two guys in front of me in Dublin seemed to be annoyed with me for cheering and applauding after songs! In London I was standing behind their English cousins! Or that's what it seemed like. Thankfully there were a few lively people scattered about, dancing and having a low-down nasty time....like we used to.

For any Scottish gig, the problem may be some folks who take the party vibe too far, and get obnoxiously drunk. It's certainly a possibility. I wore a kilt to Barcelona and Amsterdam last year, and there were plenty of fist bumps/high fives/photos taken/friendly smiles from the locals. It was my fellow Scots who drunkenly tried to lift it up etc. This did not particularly surprise me!

After show late drinks can be had in B Bar, Jam House, Stramash, Whistlebinkies, Jazz Bar, Banshee Labyrinth. Entrance fee for some of them. There will be a few other nightclubs open late but I'm not up to speed with them, and they will no doubt play dreadful thumpy-thumpy music.

Top tip - in 99, Keef was seen having a drink in The Guildford Arms, W Register Street. Could lightning strike twice? Probably not, but the beer and decor are good. Service notoriously terrible. i bet they were nice to Keef though! Cafe Royal next door is superior.

Enjoy Edinburgh, Stoners. Hope you have fun in Auld Reekie!

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: May 29, 2018 13:14

Hello everyone! I coming from Poland to see the show in Edinburgh! I have received my e-tickets from AXS.

I am soo happy that Bjornulf helped me to register as I have been following the page for ages with no luck of registration smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-29 13:15 by AshtrayGirl.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 29, 2018 14:51

HonkyTonkJan
...they will no doubt play dreadful thumpy-thumpy music...

Is this satire?

Date: May 29, 2018 15:49

Bastion
HonkyTonkJan
...they will no doubt play dreadful thumpy-thumpy music...

Is this satire?

Err...not really. Most nightclubs play music with a tuneless, repetitive beat that just sounds like thump, thump, thump to my ears.

I've named a few late night bars that will play decent music (some of it live), more to the taste of Stones fans in my opinion. I'm trying to be helpful.

I think perhaps you didn't read my post properly? Anyway, I hope that answers your question.

PS. The Royal Oak is open til 2am, with live folk/accoustic music. Tiny bar at street level - bigger bar in basement. Usually a good atmosphere.

Date: May 29, 2018 16:42

Booze Like Jagger

Pre party in The Three Sisters Courtyard

[www-eventbrite-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org]

Date: May 29, 2018 16:45

The Murrayfield Hotel are delighted to announce that for the up-coming Rolling Stones Concert taking place at BT Murrayfield Stadium on 9th June, we’ll be bringing you the best pre -party atmosphere in town, so make sure to stop by!

[edinburgh.carpediem.cd]

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 29, 2018 18:24

Argh - still no eTix here. WHhat the hell is AXS doing??? angry smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 29, 2018 21:21

JN99
Argh - still no eTix here. WHhat the hell is AXS doing??? angry smiley

Same here for Edinburgh and cardiff, expecting Edinburgh tickets this week, I hope.

Sent a email over 10 days ago and received the same old standard email back.

Date: May 30, 2018 01:08

Hi Guys,
I called axs today regarding my Coventry tickets and kindly asked for my Edinburgh e-ticket and they sent it to me already. It's just the matter of waiting for over 60 mins in the queue (sic!)

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 01:28

ihopeyouguessmyname
Hi Guys,
I called axs today regarding my Coventry tickets and kindly asked for my Edinburgh e-ticket and they sent it to me already. It's just the matter of waiting for over 60 mins in the queue (sic!)

It is so unbelievably stupid. Why are they not just sending out the damn tickets?!?! angry smiley

I was happy to wait patiently but after getting my 19th June Twickenham tickets 2 weeks ago but not having them for 9th June or 15th June just makes no sense. Not to mention some folks not getting them at all for some shows. And so what, now we have to call now to request they actually send us our tickets??? angry smiley Asinine...

Date: May 30, 2018 08:24

Sounds like this will be the wildest show on the tour.

Posted by: brunot18 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 09:31

Please, can somebody write the phone number of AXS where you can call for questions regarding the tickets?
Thanks!

Date: May 30, 2018 09:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Sounds like this will be the wildest show on the tour.

Possibly...but if it is it'll be because its on a Saturday night. Unless they sold 1000s of Lucky Dips it'll still be a largely elderly crowd and - speaking as someone who goes to a tonne of gigs in the central belt - I'm not convinced that the crowds here are any more boisterous than anywhere else.

Date: May 30, 2018 09:39

brunot18
Please, can somebody write the phone number of AXS where you can call for questions regarding the tickets?
Thanks!

I just copied this from their website, hope it helps!

08448 24 48 24 For Ticket Sales
Calls Cost 7p Per Minute Plus Your Phone Company's Access Charge.
0203 481 55 06 For Customer Services
Calls Are Chargeable At A Local Rate From Both UK Landlines And Mobile Phones
18001 0203 481 55 06 For Typetext
For Information Regarding Call Charges, Please Contact Your Service Provider

Contact Centre Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 8pm
Saturday 8:30am - 6pm
Sunday 9am - 6pm

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 30, 2018 11:20

Looks like I will be staying at Motel One Edinburgh Royal right next to the Waverley station. Pretty easy to get to the venue + airport and situated right downtown.

Anyone else there?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 30, 2018 12:01

I'm also near Waverly Station at the Scotsman Hotel. Maybe we'll bump into each other. Cheers!

Date: May 30, 2018 12:05

Good to see some pre parties popping up!!! Hope to choose the right one

Date: May 30, 2018 12:07

I am staying at West Coates street, 13 minutes on foot to the Stadium grinning smiley

Date: May 30, 2018 12:35

Staying at Hope Str. Is it a good location?

Any tips on things to do? Camera Obscura?

Date: May 30, 2018 13:06

I would say Hope St is an excellent location. Very central/walking distance to stadium.

Camera Obscura is interesting but if you have one free day, I would recommend the Castle, Princes St Gardens if good weather, and a wander down the Royal Mile.

Victoria St is worth a visit, just off the Royal Mile. Brightly coloured shops on a curved street on a slope. Lots of bars and restaurants in the Grassmarket by the castle with outdoor seating.

Climb the steps up Calton Hill at the east end of Princes St for great views of the city and some fantastic buildings. Hard Rock Cafe on George St has some Stones stuff, and if they have any sense should be playing their music on the day. The Dome Bar next door is worth a visit for the sheer grandeur. Not the sort of place I'd make my local but impressive none the less.

Climb to the top of the Scott Monument (287 steps) for great views and a bit of exercise. National Galleries and Museum of Scotland are free if you want a bit of culture.......Plenty to do and see, and it's all walkable.

Date: May 30, 2018 13:33

Thanks, great tips! Will be there for 2 days so i do have some time.

Date: May 30, 2018 14:32

Think its the saturday of the gun salute for one of the queens birthdays.

Not normally my kind of thing, but might be worth seeing for a one off.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 30, 2018 14:43

odean73

...the queen has multiple birthdays? smoking smiley

Date: May 30, 2018 14:55

RoughJusticeOnYa
odean73

...the queen has multiple birthdays? smoking smiley

Three, i think. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home